Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Butler

Default Butler

does anyone on the Winterhawk side of things know why the coach left Dustin in for all of the goals last night? That seemed to be unusually cruel - in my mind.

Is there a message being sent to the veteran 'tender or was Mucha not at his best?
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    does anyone on the Winterhawk side of things know why the coach left Dustin in for all of the goals last night? That seemed to be unusually cruel - in my mind.

Is there a message being sent to the veteran 'tender or was Mucha not at his best?

I have a feeling they didn't want to throw Mucha to the wolves so to speak. Confidence wise as he is their number one. It wasn't like there was many bad goals allowed actually. The Czibere goal was a fluke off the Portland stick but most of the others were close in rebounds, break-aways ect.

Butler wasn't the reason the team lost.

no you're right he made some nice stops, but to leave him in there just seemed to me to be more of a story there.

Share the wealth -- Mucha will get his chance to be shelled as well so I think it helps team morale to share the weight especially when it wasn't the goalie's fault -- odd to say (in a 9-0 rout) but Butler did not suck last night and that re-direct off the stick of the Portland defender was just sad -- happened right in front of me and I was feeling for Butler -- esp since we had some seriously poor sport "fans" heckling a goalie that was getting bombarded. I think that's poor sportmanship in my mind - you don't heckle a goalie that's already being trashed on the ice -- or at least that's how I see it.

A Shot From The Corner

If anything Mucha had his share of being shelled by he GMen in the playoffs last year. You'd think he'd be used to it.

And I agree. Butler must have felt like crap on the bus thinking about how he just gave up 9 goals.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

rinkrat Guest

I agree Dondo,its OK to heckle for a while,but after 7or 8-zip,its just poor sportsmanship.Mucha was also getting really harrassed by some idiot fans near their bench.Security warned some of them to back off.They were right up against the glass at the bench screaming at him.
    What the heck is the point in screaming at Mucha???
    Hopefully the Giants success hasn't attracted too many idiot fans!
    BTW coach Williamson is a clown and should be fired,that's sadistic to leave Butler in for all those goals.Last year he sent most of his team to the dressing room during the third period because he was upset with them,they finished the game with about half a dozen spares on the bench!
    I call him Constantine junior LOL

Default What the coach did is just brutal...

I agree with Dondo's statement. There must be more to the story than what we (general fans) are aware of.
    Redwic

I've never seen a kid's head hang quite so low..........it was cruel to leave Butler in net when it seemed like the team in front of him wasn't going to do anything to help him out.

I've never seen a score like that before in a hockey game, and I don't know if I want to see it again considering how it has to impact the losing team mentally, especially guys like Butler.
    "You won't fight me" - Mark Fistric

2007, the year TheBrass became a Mrs. and the Giants brought home the best wedding present ever!!

So why have no portland fans replied to this tread? Are there any out there, or are they all keeping to themselves on their team board?
    www.GiantsBeat.com
    2008, 2009 Global Cup Champions
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 BC Division Champions
    2006, 2007 Western Conference Champions
    2006 WHL Champions
    2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

yeah I noticed its all of us taking over - lol - hellooo portland fans

actually met some great portland fans down in Everett when we saw the pre-season tourney -- great senses of humour and a hell of a lot fun to watch hockey with.

I still would like to know if there's more to this story cause you're right TheBrass he was simply crushed skating out of there .. seems a pretty damn vicious thing to do to someone who's still a kid and who was playing his heart out in there (which he was) -- I did laugh when he almost let the water bottle get by him into his net though -- would have just capped his karmically wrong evening off.

A Shot From The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan71
    So why have no portland fans replied to this tread? Are there any out there, or are they all keeping to themselves on their team board?
    They all pretty much stick to the Oregon Live board. I'm not sure why though, That 1994 technology gives me a headache trying to read posts and follow threads. Even worse then the Network 54 stuff. But I guess they're used to it so it doesnt bother them too much.