Thread: Has PG Packed it in?

Default Has PG Packed it in?

From the PG Citizen newspaper:

The Kootenay Ice, the top-rated team in the Western Hockey League, entered Tuesday's home game against the Prince George Coguars on an impressive streak -- 18 straight games with at least one point earned (16-0-1-1).The Cougars arrived as the not-so-fond owners of a five-game losing slide.

What do you think happened?

Ice win, 8-0. No wonder Vegas wasn't giving odds.

"I don't know if we have (hit rock bottom)-- I guess we'll have to wait and see," said Cougars head coach Lane Lambert.

"I've tried everything. I did my talking in between the second and third and obviously that didn't do a whole lot. There wasn't anything left to be said after it was over. If you ask the players if they were embarrassed about this game, they would say yes. The flipside is I had a scout, who was in the stands, indicate to me that a bunch of them look like they've packed it in. I sure haven't quit. That's the most disappointing thing for me because we're still only four points back of Kamloops and we have everything to play for."

This was the Cougars' game-in-hand on the Kamloops Blazers in the turtle race for the final B.C. Division playoff berth. The Blazers, a franchise that has never missed the playoffs, hold a four-point lead on the Cougars. Kamloops will host the Tri-City Americans tonight at Sport Mart Place.

The Cougs will be in tough tonite in Everett, always a tough place to go. Four points back of the Blazers is nothing, next head to head game will be hugh.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Default Don't forget...

so far the Cats are 3 for 3 with Everett. They came from behind to beat the Rockets once this year, so somehow they found a way to beat the trap once. Besides, score first on the Tips and you force them to open it up and that creates chances for your team. I'll be listening intently tonight.....and believe me....praying they show up tonight :skeptical
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!