Thread: Claton Bauer traded to Kootenay

Default Claton Bauer traded to Kootenay

If there was any doubt before, this is confirmation that Hamilton has accepted this as a re-building year. As much as I am depressed for the current year, it seems like the smart way to go for the future. Best wishes to Clayton.

Per an e-mail from Kelowna Rockets:
    --------------------------------------------
    ROCKETS MOVE BAUER
    TO KOOTENAY

Kelowna, BC ‑ Bruce Hamilton, President and General Manager of the Kelowna Rockets, announced today that 19-year-old forward CLAYTON BAUER has been traded to the Kootenay Ice.

In return the Rockets receive 1990 born goaltender DANIEL SALAMANDYK and a 5th Round Pick in the 2007 Bantam Draft.

SALAMANDYK currently plays for the Okanagan Landmark Oil and Gas AAAA Midget Rockets based in Kelowna.

“We felt that perhaps Clayton needed a change of scenery after three years with his hometown Rockets, and the opportunity to acquire a goaltender in this age group was a big factor in making the deal. I think Clayton will do well in Kootenay and we look forward to being able to have goaltending Coach Kim Dillabaugh chart Daniel’s progress right here in Kelowna,” stated Bruce Hamilton.

CLAYTON BAUER - STATS

Team Year GP G A PTS PIM
    Kelowna Rockets-WHL 2006-2007 2 0 0 0 0
    Kelowna Rockets-WHL 2005-2006 69 14 14 28 123
    Kelowna Rockets-WHL 2004-2005 67 1 7 8 52

Default A loss of another "veteran"

You said it! Now the Rockets have sent Roteluk(not sure how to spell his last name) to manitoba. Half the team is rookies now(literally). Maybe Westblom will stand on his head all year and win all the games 1-0(in a shootout).

Oh well.... Here is to optimism.

just need to look what sutter has done in Red Deer for your answer. they will have a good team next year( kelowna i mean)
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!