Thread: Ice acquire Clayton Bauer from Kelowna Rockets

Default Ice acquire Clayton Bauer from Kelowna Rockets

From www.whl.ca

CRANBROOK, BC – Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has acquired 19-year-old Forward Clayton Bauer from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for 16-year-old Goaltender Daniel Salamandyk and a fifth round selection in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

“Having carried three 20-year-old forwards last year we felt we needed to add some experience and depth to our line-up. We feel Clayton is that type of player and we expect him to play a big role for our Hockey Club. Bauer is a big, strong, physical forward who can play at both ends of the ice and he also comes from a winning organization in Kelowna,” added Chynoweth.

Clayton is expected to arrive in Cranbrook tomorrow and will be in the line-up when the ICE travel to Lethbridge on Friday, September 29.

well if it takes a errrr ummm cough cough "Kelowna Rocket" player to light a fire under the ICE's Arses then I'm Game.
    LOL just kidding guys, The ICE need a guy like him from another quality oraganization in the Rockets like the ICE are. He is coming from another winning team and I hope that he will make a lasting impact here. They need a little more grit and go up front so he should fit right in.

Sad to see a top prospect like Daniel get moved but ya gotta give quality to get it back.

Welcome to the ICE Bauer!!

GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

I think it will be a good move as we are strong in goal prospects and this will help on the front line. I think that there will be more moves to shore up the team this year and the boys just need to figure out the new rules and we will be okay. I look forward to a much better showing than the last couple of games.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!