Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumours

Default Trade Rumours

Ok Ive heard a few rumours that Dallas is going to try and stock up this year and make a run for the Mem Cup. Ive heard that hes going after Setoguchi from Sask, not sure whats being offered and Ive heard hes going after Kendall McArdle from MJ. I would imagine for McArdle he would have to give up a 20 year old, probably Walker and a goalie, probably Cyr, so he could take over for Perricone next year. Id think that for Setoguchi he would probably have to give up a first round pick and possibly a young roster player since S'toon looks like they are going to be in rebuild mode this year. if Dallas can pull this off I think its going to show the fans in PG that the franchise is serious about winning a championship and I think its good because hes basically telling Vancouver to **** off and let them know that they are going to have to earn their way to the Mem Cup this year, which I think they are going to have to anyway.

Interesting rumors for sure. We have to wait and see what plays out. Seto...maybe, McArdle.....toguh to get I think. Vancouver is reportedly going after both these guys too, or at least 'rumor has it" that they are. To get fans back in the CNCenter, the tema, management and players alike have to make the effort to put the product on the ice. They are half way there, the players seem to be putting out. management has to pick up their end of things a little more. Make the effort to get the players to come here, show them how good a team it is, what the city is like. Give the fans something to make some noise about. Bring back the tradition of PG being an intimidating barn to play in, and the young players will hopefully change their minds about the team and the city.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

You think giving up Cyr, Walker and a youngster is going to get both of McCardle and Setoguchi? You're gonna be shocked then.

Quote Originally Posted by bones
    I think its good because hes basically telling Vancouver to **** off and let them know that they are going to have to earn their way to the Mem Cup this year, which I think they are going to have to anyway.
    Well to tell them that, he'd have to first consult with the CHL rules committee as the host is still guaranteed a berth. I find it interesting you've posted these "rumours" in a number of places but haven't shown anything to back them up. Are you using a spoon or a fork to stir it up?

I would imagine for McArdle he would have to give up a 20 year old, probably Walker and a goalie, probably Cyr, so he could take over for Perricone next year.
    So a 20 year old Walker,with a CAREER 45 goals, and a 19 year old goalie for McArdle? Why would anyone make this trade considering that both McArdle and Perricone could be back next year as overagers? This is a terrible trade for MJ why not just make McArdle for a 10th round pick.

Id think that for Setoguchi he would probably have to give up a first round pick and possibly a young roster player since S'toon looks like they are going to be in rebuild mode this year.
    You would probably have to give up 2 first round picks and possibly a young roster player.
    So the price for Setouchi for PG is a first round pick plus a young player, but for Vancouver its 2 first round picks and a young roster player? Wow price sure goes up when you drive south. I wonder how much it would cost Portland for Setoguchi, 8 First round picks?

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

maybe one million. no no no one hundred million. ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

why not dangle that d-man pg drafted this year that refused to report ? he might fetch you something decent

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt24
    Well to tell them that, he'd have to first consult with the CHL rules committee as the host is still guaranteed a berth. I find it interesting you've posted these "rumours" in a number of places but haven't shown anything to back them up. Are you using a spoon or a fork to stir it up?

OK....my turn to sound off here. Hunt24...reread the origional post. Bones says that Vancouver would have to EARN their way to the cup, not denying that they already have a birth there as hosts, but more saying that other teams will have their say in the total outcome of WHL champs.

Also....not to defend bones (I don't kow him from a hole in the ground) but everyone else can post rumors and whatnot on their boards, but some posts one from PG, something he's heard talked about around town, and he gets dumped on and everyone wants something to back the rumors up. Whats the deal? A rumor is a rumor, nothing more. I've read rumors that Vancouver is going after Seto and/or McArdle, with nothing backing that up other than saying its a rumor. Granted, getting Seto or McArdle will cost a team, a pick or two, and likely a young drafted prospect. Does it matter where he posted what?

Now...for the possibilities. Ya dannoabram....maybe dangling Stephan Elliot, and high pick and/or another 16-17yo with a 20yo would be enough for S'toon to concider it. Maybe not. Regardless who, if anyone, lands these trades, its going to make a huge splash in the outcomes come April.

Lets keep things civil folks. And I don't think geography has anything to do with the price of trades.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Wink

If Elliot is true to his word that he " wants to play closer to home", Saskatoon is probably out. But then again, where have we heard that before. Oh yeah, the guy that decided to play two time zones to the East instead of one to the West. So, maybe it is possible to entice Saskatoon after all.

Ok lets just calm down here a little bit, I know you Vancouver fans are pissed because you guys think you own the world and think that Setoguchi should be going your way. Well like the title of the thread says, its a "rumour" so take it easy. As far as backing it up, since when do you have to back up a rumour???? I do have a pretty good source though, although Im not gonna reveal it. Another thing, as far as what teams would have to give up, no one but the GMs know what that is, so because I throw a couple of things out there doesnt mean thats exactly whats going on. Some of you people
    need to realize that Vancouver isnt the only team in the league.
    Last edited by bones; 10-01-2006 at 02:57 PM.