Thread: 20 year olds.

Default 20 year olds.

Just curious and please forgive my ignorance....when does the team decide which 20's we keep. I understand that three are allowed and it appears there are still four on the roster.....so who's the odd man out and when?

Default Probably depends on...

what Molleken can get for either Logan, Schulz or Menei. All three can play, all three can bring something different to the team. Whoever draws the most interest from other teams will probably be the guy sent out. With Seto likely coming back, the Blades could have a couple new players here in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by defencerocks
    Just curious and please forgive my ignorance....when does the team decide which 20's we keep. I understand that three are allowed and it appears there are still four on the roster.....so who's the odd man out and when?
    The cutdown date for every team is Oct 12th I believe(to get down to 3 Overagers and 2 Euros) As for the overagers I think that Cole is a lock(for the obvious reason)Menei and Schulz. So this leaves out Logan, The Blades have a puckmoving defencemen in Visnak,and I do not think it would be smart to have 3 overage defencemen. The Blades average age is 18 so without Menei it would be lower. That is what I think,and we will see what happens by Oct 12th. I think the 3 overagers will be Cole,Schulz and Menei.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

I agree, Cole is obviously on the team. I think Menei is a shoe in to. He dropped alot of lbs over the summer and came back looking quick! Plus he has always had pretty decent hands and so far in the off season and regular season he has looked very good. Plus it would be good to have him around to just have a vet up on the front lines.

Comes down to Shulz and Logan. Shulz has only played one season game and has sat the rest. I personally think it will be Logan going and Lorne is just playing him to get some interest in him and let the scouts check him out abit more. Just my personal opinion. They need Shulz on the back end to add some size. (which he needs to use some more)

Logan gone...that's my prediction. Maybe even in a monster trade with Seto...who know's.

Looks like it will be a coin toss between Logan and Schultz.

Post 20 yr old situation

It appears to be all sorted out and taken care of, the 3 Overagers are:Cole,Menei and Logan

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

unless rabbit comes back...hmmm