Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cougars/Bruins Sept 30

Default Cougars/Bruins Sept 30

Cougars pull off their first road win, beating the Bruins 5-3. Would have been 5-2, but Cyr allowed a late goal in the third. I only got to listen to the third myself, so don't have a real good outlook of how the guys played. Wishart was pulled for 'precautionary reasons' after getting his head slammed into the ice in the first. Ayone have more info on this for me? Thanks.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Wish started to "dance" with Stoesz(if I recall correctly). According to the radio, Ty went to wrestle him to the ice and lost his footing and went head or face first to the ice.
    Headed off for precautionary measures. Good idea.
    That' s all I can tell ya, Sput.
    Last edited by PGFlyfisher; 10-01-2006 at 02:49 PM.

I heard he has a pretty bad concussion. He only finished the game because he didn't tell anyone about it, knowing that their defense was already suffering due to injuries. He wasn't taken to the hospital though... I saw him walking around after the game so maybe it isn't very serious.

while he was wrestling with stoeze he tried to take him down he swept stoeze's feet and he fell straight down and wishart fell overtop arms still tied up

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote14
    I heard he has a pretty bad concussion. He only finished the game because he didn't tell anyone about it, knowing that their defense was already suffering due to injuries. He wasn't taken to the hospital though... I saw him walking around after the game so maybe it isn't very serious.
    Wish didn't finish the game. When I turned it on to check scores in the second he was already out. On the news today they just said it was a very mild concussion and likely a game time decision.

The only D we have injured right now is Dudas. Sagart, Patterson, Redden, Grossman, and Mihalik were all dressed and playing last night, so we started with 3 full d-lines.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

how and when did the coug's aquire eli grossman and kyle klym(who i thought was blades property)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    how and when did the coug's aquire eli grossman and kyle klym(who i thought was blades property)
    kyle klym was released by the blades and then the cougs picked him up

Wishart didn't play in Vancouver today either -- any updates? Also - is Drazenovic still at an NHL camp/team? Just curious.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Drazenovic is hurt, cracked a rib in St Louis camp, should be back this week sometime. Grossmann was picked up in a trade with Seattle during opening weekend for a fifth round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    Wishart didn't play in Vancouver today either -- any updates? Also - is Drazenovic still at an NHL camp/team? Just curious.
    There was mention on the post game show on the radio that there is a possibility Wishart might have to remain out for a mandatory seven days due to a mild concussion. I' m not sure if this is league or team rules.