Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silvertips Acquire Veteran Goaltender from Pats

Post Silvertips Acquire Veteran Goaltender from Pats

Everett Adds Reekie from Regina

from www.everettsilvertips.com

Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips VP/General Manager, Doug Soetaert has announced that the Everett Silvertips have acquired veteran goaltender David Reekie from the Regina Pats for a 5th round draft pick in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

Reekie comes to the Silvertips with valuable experience with three seasons in the WHL and the Regina Pats. This season, the Saskatoon, SK native collected a 1-3 record with the Pats in 4 games. Last season, Reekie finished with 31 wins in 55 appearances for the Pats. He also recorded a 3.13 GAA and an 89.6% SP with 2 Shutouts for Regina last season. Overall in his WHL career, Reekie has appeared in 94 games and played in 5046 minutes.

The Everett Silvertips will be a busy hockey club this weekend as they play three games in three nights on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Silvertips will hit the road on Friday, October 13 to battle the Spokane Chiefs at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena at 7:00 p.m. The Tips return home on Saturday, October 14 to host the Portland Winter Hawks at the Everett Events Center. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. On Sunday, October 15 the Chilliwack Bruins make their first ever visit to the Everett Events Center to battle the Silvertips. Game time Sunday is 5:05 p.m. For tickets for Saturday and Sunday log onto www.everettsilvertips.com or call 1-866-332-8499.
    I have a question:
    What happened to Leland Irving?

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Actually based on the wording of 'valuable experience' it really does make me think Espo could be gone. Whats the biggest gripe about Espo stepping in? He never gets play time so he is very inexperienced. A good goaltender but very green for not being able to play more than 10 or 15 games a year. Just a thought.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

But is Reekie going to be happy only playing 10 games all season (if that)??

I think this is part of a bigger picture!!
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Or another angle, Soetaert likes to play goalie shuffle...gives you something to think about.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Bran Guest

When Reekie really wants to, he plays very well. If he wants to work hard, you've got yourselves a decent goalie. I wish him luck.

With Linden Rowat playing the way he has been, its quite clear that Reekie was going to be demoted to the Pats backup...

...solid goaltender when he's on his game, inconsistent when he's not....Reekie has taken alot of bashing from the fans here in Reg town lately for his inconsistency over the past year, i'm not going to lie, the kid can come out with a 50 save effort one night and let a couple weak ones in the next night ...a new environment is probably what Reeks needs right about now

Best of luck to him with your team

Default Leland

Well, Irving is going to miss a lot of games in the upcoming months for tournies, etc... I assume the team will go with this guy during that stretch and Espo as his backup.

I guess Reekie was cheap, but this doesn't make any sense.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    Well, Irving is going to miss a lot of games in the upcoming months for tournies, etc... I assume the team will go with this guy during that stretch and Espo as his backup.
    There is no guarantee he will be one of the goalies on the World Junior team.
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Whats gonna happen to Esposito? I figure something more is in development, because carrying around 3 goalies, especially one being 17 will hurt his development.

Not going to be surprised if Everett pulls the trigger on another goalie trade in the future
    Lets go Chiefs.