Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: web broadcasts

Question web broadcasts

how much is it to sign up for these web broadcasts of your games anyone know id like to watch one or two
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Kamfan Guest

Once you register, games are $7.95 each or 5 for $30.

Looks pretty good too: http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com...emo/player.php
    Last edited by Kamfan; 02-19-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Yann Guest

I'm using it for the first time tonight. It's a pretty good service. Nice camera work.

Unhappy kamloops web broadcast pricing

thats pretty steep to stare at a little monitor on an uncomfortable chair though thats half the price of a walk up ticket!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Kamfan Guest

I wouldn't consider it an alternative to going to the game. More like an alternative to radio for those who can't make it (e.g. out of towners, shut-ins).

Apparently sales are better than expected, so some people out there must think it's worth it.

And apparently it looks decent when output via s-video to a TV, so at least you can sit on your couch.

I don't think its a high price for a game to watch verses listening on the radio. I listen to most of the Rocket games on the road and really like that Shaw and SN are showing more games this year.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    I don't think its a high price for a game to watch verses listening on the radio. I listen to most of the Rocket games on the road and really like that Shaw and SN are showing more games this year.
    I'm not trying to complain because I am happy that both Shaw and Sportsnet have a good amount of games on TV this year. However, I do think Sportsnet could do a much better job of showing even more games than they do. With no NHL hockey, there should be plenty of room to throw in at least one WHL game a week.

I watched it online last night and the coverage was very good. The 7.95$ price tag is a little steep for the coverage you get but its not that bad. Commentators were pretty good as well, no more homerish than the giants commentators.

The funny moment of the night was the Older Kamloops fan highlighted on the "fan cam", and then a Go Giants GO sign pops up, obviously from some fan sitting below him. Wow was he mad. Sure hope no one got tossed out of the rink for that one.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Iconwhl Imo

Not that I am complaining about the teams that are doing this, but I think it should free for all that are offering for now untill there is a League Wide service with one rate. I think paying a different amout to each team to watch a few games only is a little silly. Maybe they could do something where you pay a rate to see all of your teams home games and a different rate to see your teams away games.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Post I agree with you 100%

My name is Mike and i agree with Mike also.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23