Thread: 10/21/06 Pats 11 vs 'Canes 3

Default 10/21/06 Pats 11 vs 'Canes 3

Well various thoughts from this one...

WHAT A BLOW OUT!!!! How long has it been since we've constantly applied pressure on the other team for the entire 60 minutes and look where it got us, although i ain't gonna lie, i did kind of feel bad for the opposition...notably Leclerc for obvious reasons...the loss was not his fault and at times seemed to be the only Cane out there making any effort, but IMO you just don't leave a guy hang out to dry like that for an entire game...wow

Loved the "start the bus" chant that started in my section, then it got annoying, then i threw my hood up cuz it was getting pretty disrespectful. These guys have had a pretty hefty schedule in the past couple of days, not that its an excuse for losing that bad, but come on...no need to rub it in, their kids and its not like WE haven't had a couple of bad games or season ourselves

Kudo's to Festy and McD for notching hatricks. Love how Tartaglione took it upon himself to drop his mask cuz apparenlty fans didn't notice it was time to chuck the hats.

N.Ross continued his physical play. D. King....welcome to the dub! (someone needs to send me hi-lightes of that)

EDIT: totally forgot to mention...i have newfound respect for #5, the way he sacrificed his body for the puck that night...great job..he even took one in the knee, which i can imagine is not fun...good stuff reinhart

Missed half of the third to fork over $400 to a good cause for a pink stick...but the goals just kept on coming...most notable: when Rowat was clearly being tackled in his crease, managed a little backword fall, distracted the ref and kept a Cane kid out of the play....all while our boys managed to skate up ice to notch another one

No more hockey at the dome for a couple weeks...its gonna go by so slow

But best of luck to the boys on their trip , hopefully this outrageous goal scoring can continue
    Last edited by patsfan33; 10-23-2006 at 05:24 PM.

The opening mintues in the first were the best ive seen this team play so far, and it was surprising to see them take the foot off the gas so abruptly, and let the canes back in the game. At least we answered back with 9 unanswered goals, which is at least an acceptable response in my opinion.

I felt a little bad for leclerc after it was 8 goals and it kept coming. I also noticed that the crowd was too cheap to throw their hats for the hat tricks, or they just didnt know to. The announcer guy didnt even say that they got hat tricks, but oh well. This was a tired team we played, and we took advantage of that with all the rest we got. It kind of makes you think that we were supposed to win this game, with our 5 days rest and their 3rd game or so in a row.

Despite what the point totals say, I think that Kyle Ross was our best player by far. He did everything, and was exciting to watch. He is going to be great to watch this whole season. Congrats to festy and Ryan Macdonald on getting his hat trick, its great to see that everyone is contributing, not just top 5 guys. I think personally that Ryan Mcdonald has alot of potential, and it was good to see him play good offensively that night. Mostly everyone had a good night, though I expected Duval to chip in more, and maybe pyett more offensively. Snellman needs to keep his mind on the game, rather than hitting the guy with the puck all the time. Hitting is great and all, but your given a stick for a reason too.

You said that you bought one of the auctioned off pink sticks. Whos stick did you get? or do they even tell you? do you know whos went the highest?

The last time the Pats blew someone out this bad was back in '97 against Edmonton when the Pats won 11-2. I dont even recall that...lol. I was at that game though..haha.

Anyway...the hats thing...I even lost track of who was scoring...lol. I knew Festerling got a hat trick...then I second guessed myself, and I wasnt sure if McDonald had as well. I thought Eberle got 3 too lol. I enjoyed that game to say the least.

These guys have had a pretty hefty schedule in the past couple of days, not that its an excuse for losing that bad, but come on...no need to rub it in, their kids and its not like WE haven't had a couple of bad games or season ourselves
    Yeah...we were in the same boat last year with the schedule. The Pats suffered last season, now apperantly Lethbridge had/has to. And yes, they are kids, but they are playing major junior hockey, and that is somehting they are gonna have to live with. These things happened to the Pats the last couple seasons, so now it's our turn to rub it in others faces.........IMO...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan33
    Kudo's to Festy and McD for notching hatricks. Love how Tartaglione took it upon himself to drop his mask cuz apparenlty fans didn't notice it was time to chuck the hats.

Hahah classic.
    Did he just like take if off and drop it down onto the ice? and then people started throwing hats?

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    Hahah classic.
    Did he just like take if off and drop it down onto the ice? and then people started throwing hats?
    HAHA that is typical Tommy. The guy is a show unto himself...if anybody in Regina gets to know him he will have you howling the whole time you talk to him.
    www.GiantsBeat.com
    2008, 2009 Global Cup Champions
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 BC Division Champions
    2006, 2007 Western Conference Champions
    2006 WHL Champions
    2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

Bran Guest

I didn't see that! I think some people lost track after awhile. Someone in the section next to me threw a toque, but it didn't make it very far.
    EDIT: totally forgot to mention...i have newfound respect for #5, the way he sacrificed his body for the puck that night...great job..he even took one in the knee, which i can imagine is not fun...good stuff reinhart
    I really noticed Reinhart on Saturday. The kid worked hard! I was very impressed with him. I've said before that I don't really mind him (certainly not to the extent that most people do) and he really proved why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran
    I really noticed Reinhart on Saturday. The kid worked hard! I was very impressed with him. I've said before that I don't really mind him (certainly not to the extent that most people do) and he really proved why.
    Agreed. Both him and Pyett have really impressed me after last season. Reinhart has been doing much better and has been making an impact. Glad to see it! Now I hope when DEck returns he can pick it up and get going too.