Thread: Multiplex is a Yes

Default Multiplex is a Yes

Reported on CTV news (Regina) that the multiplex has passed in the civic vote.

from www.moosejaw.ca

Referendum Vote on the Following Resolution of City Council:

"THAT the City of Moose Jaw re-affirm its financial commitment of $15 million toward the construction of a Multiplex facility, consisting of a stadium-style hockey rink with attached curling rink, at an estimated cost of $36.3 million as envisioned in the Business Plan dated November 2005 from Nustadia Recreation Inc."

7051 For The Resolution 2822 Against The Resolution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think most people knew this kind of support was there. Our new council has to decide on a plan soon or we will be in danger of losing the team. I hope the new council will work as a team this time around and get something figured out here because Moose Jaw would be a very boring place without the Warriors.

Our new mayor is Mcbain, sounds like he will be a good mayor. Supports the multiplex.

The council is Schwinghamer, Luhning, Swanson, Findlay , Sagal-Hendry and Chow (Don't know if I've spelled all the names right). Most of these people are for the multiplex, so sounds like we're heading in the right direction.