Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rockets Dream Team

JerryOrbach Guest

Iconwhl Kyle McLeran

Skated a regular shift for the Bruins as a 18 year old after two years in Tacoma often took out opposing players with crushing hipchecks against the boards.

The Kyle you seen in the NHL was the same one that played in Tacoma.

The Rockets had alot of great players during there run in Tacoma that you could put on that team like Alan Egelund, Jeff Varga and goalie Jeff Calvertt who if Im right scored what wound up being the game winning goal for the Rockets one night.

So there is more than a few players from the "Tacoma" era that should be on that list.

tomtuttle Guest

I have been an original season ticket holder for the Rockets and have given this a lot of thought, so here goes.

Goalies- Kelly Guard and Kevin Swanson

These two are no-brainers. We had brutal goaltending for a longtime and Swanson and Guard have clearly been the best. Would have been nice for Bendura to have worked out but the off-ice shenanigans kept him from doing much.

Defence- Scott Hannan- Josh Gorges
    Shea Weber- Tomas Slovak
    Duncan Keith- Jesse Feguson

This was tough but the 6 I picked I think have stood out. Ferguson barley makes my list over Yonkman. Nolan was consistent and played a lot but Jesse was so crucial for the Rockets after the trade. McLeod played a lot of games but really wasnt much more than average. Karel Betik and Burt Henderson could have easily made the list. Anyone who watched Year 1 would have to agree that Henderson was a pleasure to watch and Betik-Hannan together was very impressive. Its actually hard to believe no one picked Betik. Gerald Adams was very good after coming here but just didnt play enough games.

Forwards- Robb Gordon- Chuck Kobasew- Brett McLean
    Kiel McLeod- Jason Deleurme- Scott Parker
    Ryan Cuthburt-Carsen Germyn- Simon Ferguson
    Ryan Wade- Tyler Mosienko- Jesse Shultz

Again, some tough choices. Hard to leave Flichel, Orevac and Paddock off this list. In my view, Cuthbert, Simon, Wade and Germyn played huge roles for this team. They contributed offensively, defensivley and played aggressive. I dont think we would have done as good the the playoffs 2 yrs in a row without Simon. Wade was so steady for so many years and was always underarrted in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    Looks like Kobasew and Marach got more points and helped their team more than Gordon and Flichel? Did Gordon and Flichel go farther than the first round? No they didn't! You don't have to have points to help your team get farther in the playoffs, there is no "I" in team!

You knock other peoples team and you don't have the guts to name your own team, why is that? Are you scared?
    You make no sense, if points scored aren't what count then why would you use that as your reason Chucky and Marach were more valuable to there team in your above post? Seems you are in the catagory of arm chair GM that has no idea like Teaps, who doesn't even know what team his dream team players played on LOL, rub your heads together and maybe you might get an idea that make sense LOL.
    Last edited by Jovorock; 02-26-2005 at 04:32 AM.

kelownakarl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuttle
    Ryan Cuthburt-Carsen Germyn- Simon Ferguson

How annoying would that line be? All good players, good agitators and good fighters, 3 of the most complete players to come through our organization.

Quote Originally Posted by kevanie97
    has no idea like Teaps, who doesn't even know what team his dream team players played on
    Oh yeah? Well......Guess what...They Played for the Rockets! Yeah...thats right...showed you up didn't I....LMAO

Ok...I tried to make that sound friendly...Obviously didn't work...And as for THompson, so he played with Tacoma...still the same organization....