Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: great game tonight .........

Default great game tonight .........

the boy are playing well along with the solid goaltending effort from mammy.you can tell he is making a difference, plus taking some of the pressure of justin. great game boys.............................................. ..

Post Todd Panchyson

Did he play a game yet? If so how did he look?

thanks in advance.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

If they'd have lost that game we'd have been looking at another long losing streak. That game had the potential to be the biggest heartbreaker ever. Including the Brandon game.

Default he played tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE

thanks in advance.
    limited ice time though due to only one practice with the team , to be fair he looked a little shakey at first ( just nerves in my opinion) but has good vision , skates well and will probably add some depth to the blueline . he will do well when he gets into his groove.imo

Quote Originally Posted by loudi94
    If they'd have lost that game we'd have been looking at another long losing streak. That game had the potential to be the biggest heartbreaker ever. Including the Brandon game.

I agree, a loss tongiht after King hit the goal post would have shattered their confidence. I know I made that bad comment about King a few weeks ago. But lately he has improved a great amount and I change my opinion to the opposite. He was the best Cane I think tonight, one great goal while not even standing up, and then the game winner inside of a scrum of several players...Great work King!!

Also, who agrees with me that Savage allowed 2 bad goals in the last 35 seconds. First he misses Farmanara getting tripped up that opened up the ice so RD could get the tying goal, then he allows the goal that maybe or maybe not crossed before the buzzer went. Could be a make up call Either way though, made for some drama and excitement at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE

thanks in advance.
    As to what shushu said...he didnt play too much tonight so I cant really say what I think of his play yet. One thing I saw is that he tried to get under Brandon Sutter's skin...good to see someone trying to get the opposition off their game. Especially the boss's son who is destined for the NHL because of his last name

Quote Originally Posted by canes77
    good to see someone trying to get the opposition off their game. Especially the boss's son who is destined for the NHL because of his last name
    I'll let that one slide, since you are probably just intoxicated from the excitement of winning your first game in the last month or so

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    I'll let that one slide, since you are probably just intoxicated from the excitement of winning your first game in the last month or so
    I agree, by no means has any second generation Sutter come close to making the NHL. Minor pro is as close as it's been so far. Kidding..
    Seriously, the name may open the door, but it won't get any of them all the way. There will have to be more to it. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by loudi94
    I agree, by no means has any second generation Sutter come close to making the NHL. Minor pro is as close as it's been so far. Kidding..
    Seriously, the name may open the door, but it won't get any of them all the way. There will have to be more to it. Time will tell.
    The name may open some doors but it also brings a lot of hate, envy and expectations.
    Heck some scouts obviously even have a problem with the fact that the second generation didn't grow up in poverty.
    "He's the anti-Sutter. He didn't grow up on the farm in Viking like the rest...he eats with a silver spoon."
    2007 looks like a weak draft class
    Last edited by WHL Rules; 11-05-2006 at 10:24 AM.

I know Sutter is a good player but he will probably be a first round pick because of his family, whereas he probably would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he wasnt a Sutter.

Also, remeber that Hockey Canada let him play on the U-18 team last April as a 16 yr old (along with 15 yr old John Tavares) when every other season in the past 5 yrs they took only 17 yr olds.

I have nothing but respect for the Sutter family, but I just think these 2nd generation players get treated way too well compared to the average hockey player.