Thread: 05-06 Am's highlights and fight DVD

Default 05-06 Am's highlights and fight DVD

I picked up my copy at last nights game and watched it today. They just seem to get better every year.The format was great and the video quality was even better then years past. Once again Brad, your dedication and showmanship has really proved itself again in the quality of your work. I urge everyone to pick up a copy if you get the chance. It was $20 well spent. Even if your not an Am's fan most all teams are represented on the disc with a fight or two. Hell, the Boogaard and Emmerson fight chapters were worth the price by themselves.
    I'm sure Brad has a fight list he can post if anyone is interested.

Default Thanks for the plug!

My skills and software are improving and I have been able to clean up some of the footage. It really bums me out that some of footage is missing. It would be nice to show all of the notable firsts or all the big fights, but with the teams switching over the DVD, some weren't compatible (for whatever reason) and the club was just missing some games. At first, I had slo-mo replays of all the goals, but that really stretched out the length. Big thanks to our GM and coach for letting me use the footage. Each of the players and many of the prospects get a copy and it makes a nice momento of the season for them.

Here is a list of the fights on the 05-06 DVD...

Aaron Boogaard – 19 Fights
    Oct 01 – vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Oct 12 – vs Kyle Bailey (Portland)
    Oct 12 – vs Garth Collins (Portland)
    Oct 15 – vs Matt McCue (Spokane)
    Oct 28 – vs Randy King (Prince George)
    Nov 05 – vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Nov 12 – vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Nov 15 – vs James McEwan (Seattle)
    Nov 20 – vs Benn Olson (Seattle)
    Nov 24 – vs Devin Welsh (Kootenay)
    Dec 06 – vs Matt Kassian (Kamloops)
    Dec 31 – vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Jan 02 – vs Ian McKenzie (Moose Jaw)
    Jan 14 – vs Jason Lynch (Spokane)
    Jan 17 – vs Matt Kassian (Kamloops)
    Jan 24 – vs Milan Lucic (Vancouver)
    Jan 28 – vs Evan Haw (Spokane)
    Feb 15 – vs Garth Collins (Portland)
    Feb 22 – vs Eli Grossman (Seattle)

Riley Emmerson – 12 Fights
    Oct 01 – vs Jason Lynch (Spokane)
    Oct 14 – vs Brandon Tidball (Saskatoon)
    Oct 14 – vs Brandon Tidball (Saskatoon)
    Oct 20 – vs James McEwan (Seattle)
    Dec 06 – vs Matt Kassian (Kamloops)
    Dec 28 – vs Matt Kassian (Kamloops)
    Jan 02 – vs Kendel McArdle (Moose Jaw)
    Jan 20 – vs Josiah Anderson (Kelowna)
    Jan 24 – vs J.D. Watt (Vancouver)
    Feb 15 – vs Garth Collins (Portland)
    Feb 24 – vs Evan Haw (Spokane)
    Mar 17 – vs Jamison Orr (Prince George)

Other Fights
    Oct 12 – Jason Beeman roughs Frazer McLaren (Portland)
    Oct 12 – Chris Inglis vs Colton Sceviour (Portland)
    Oct 12 – Matt Schneider roughs Garth Collins (Portland)
    Oct 12 – Matt Swaby vs Cameron Cepek (Portland)
    Oct 14 – Kyle Peters jumped by Dayln Flatt (Saskatoon)
    Oct 14 – Logan Stephenson vs Blair Macauley (Saskatoon)
    Oct 22 – Chris Inglis vs Mark Kress (Everett)
    Nov 04 – Matt Swaby vs Tyler Johnson (Seattle)
    Nov 05 – Ryan Gillen vs Jason Lynch (Spokane)
    Jan 02 – Chris Inglis vs Brennen Wray (Moose Jaw)
    Jan 02 – Line Brawl vs Moose Jaw
    Jan 11 – Logan Stephenson vs Brennan Sonne (Everett)
    Jan 11 – Matt Swaby vs Brennan Sonne (Everett)
    Jan 13 – Nicolaus Knudsen vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Jan 14 – Ryan Gillen vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Jan 24 – Donnie Glennie vs Jonathon Blum (Vancouver)
    Feb 04 – Igor Bacek vs Myles Stoesz (Spokane)
    Feb 15 – Line Brawl vs Portland
    Feb 17 – Igor Bacek vs Scott Gabriel (Portland)
    Feb 17 – Line Brawl vs Portland
    Feb 22 – Ryan Gillen vs James McEwan (Seattle)
    Feb 24 – Landon Jones vs Chris Bruton (Spokane)
    Mar 10 – Jason Beeman vs Lenny Thunderchild (Portland)
    Sep 30 – Ryan Gillen (P.G.) vs J.D. Watt (Vancouver)

byrdman25 Guest

Default enquiring minds want to know

how does a guy in Vancouver get his hands on something like this?
    Oh ya and can you trade us Carey Price without us giving up the farm. He will likely be gone next year anyway. I'll buy you guys some beer. hey gotta try right. good luck down there

amshockey_lover4ever Guest

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    I picked up my copy at last nights game and watched it today. They just seem to get better every year.The format was great and the video quality was even better then years past. Once again Brad, your dedication and showmanship has really proved itself again in the quality of your work. I urge everyone to pick up a copy if you get the chance. It was $20 well spent. Even if your not an Am's fan most all teams are represented on the disc with a fight or two. Hell, the Boogaard and Emmerson fight chapters were worth the price by themselves.
    I'm sure Brad has a fight list he can post if anyone is interested.
    does all it have is fights? Whats all in it, any goalie stuff? nhl

Sorry to steal all your thunder Amsphotos, but I thought I would also put a plug in for Napes. I got the best of 05/06 WHL fight dvd from him. It is very cool to see all the best fights from every team. He has a post in the swap forum listing all the fights, as well as his 06/07 series. Money well spent. Do you ship out your 05/06 Ams dvd? I would love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by amshockey_lover4ever
    does all it have is fights? Whats all in it, any goalie stuff? nhl
    No, it has pretty much all the goals from that swason as well as every shoot out. Price and Pickard are well represented in the shoot out footage. I cant remember if there were any goalie highlights but I'm sure Ams Photo can give better details.

Default Some Responses

Byrdman - For shipping to Canada, we ask for a $2 shipping charge in addition to the $20 US purchase price. We have a paypal account available and find that works best for Canadian customers. Contact me at tcafan@charter.net if you are interested in a purchase at that price.

Amshockey_lover4ever - It contains an extensive collection of goals and fights. In addition there is a section where a good number of complete shootouts (both wins and losses). There are also two music videos (one goals and one fights) putting together the best clips for the year. The running time is over 2 hours. There is not a goalie/saves section. Unfortunately, it would take just too much time to go through the mass of footage to pull out the best saves. Fights and goals show up on the scoresheet so you can pull that footage pretty efficiently. There was a saves music video on the 03-04 DVD I did. It was my first and I had a lot more time to dedicate to the project that year.

Shortys - Chris does a very good job with his series. I'm not completely sold on upscaling the web versions, but if you're not as concerned with quality it provides an incredible selection/variety and just for access to the footage it is well worth the price. I'm proud of the DVDs I put out. I am fortunate to have a relationship with the team that gets me access to the game DVDs. I do ship to Canada and you can check out the information above for specifics. My DVD comes in a real DVD case with a professionaly printed color insert.
    Last edited by AmsPhotos; 02-12-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo

wickid