Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canes Acquire Pess

Default Canes Acquire Pess

In the works for a couple of weeks now.

Sterling Bear and a condition 08 Bantam Pick for Pess.

He is currently up in Fort Sask and may stay there to play with the Traders...however the Canes are trying to convince him to come back to town.

Trying to convince him????

One would think they would have already convinced him before making the trade.

The Traders have a very good team. They may make a run at the Royal Bank Cup this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake

The Traders have a very good team. They may make a run at the Royal Bank Cup this year.
    The more I read about this deal, it makes me think that Roy felt sorry for Russ Farwell and gave him Bear to help smooth over bad feelings.
    Pess is turning out to be a waste of time. He seems to be toying with the Canes. If he doesn't want to come, just say so and move on.

Default i have to agree...............

Quote Originally Posted by loudi94
    The more I read about this deal, it makes me think that Roy felt sorry for Russ Farwell and gave him Bear to help smooth over bad feelings.
    Pess is turning out to be a waste of time. He seems to be toying with the Canes. If he doesn't want to come, just say so and move on.
    i was going to chuck the question out earlier if anyone had hear about pess. but the more time passes with out comment makes you think that hes happy where he is. a person would figure that roy would have gotten the ok from pess before the deal was make , but like you said this could have been one of those deals to try and stop someone from looking foolish.....................

according to an article in the Red Deer Advocate, the Canes gave Pess until this weekend to make up his mind, ie play in Lethbridge or Fort Sask. (AJHL). Pess has said he will make up his mind by then. The decision is based on a few things, playing in the WHL vs the AJHL and the fact that he has family and a girlfriend in Red Deer. But maybe more important than either, is the fact that 3 good friends all play with Ft. Sask, 3 buddies that he grew up with and played minor hockey with and won a Western Cdn. championship with.

Tough choice to make!
    Drop the Puck

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39
    according to an article in the Red Deer Advocate, the Canes gave Pess until this weekend to make up his mind, ie play in Lethbridge or Fort Sask. (AJHL). Pess has said he will make up his mind by then. The decision is based on a few things, playing in the WHL vs the AJHL and the fact that he has family and a girlfriend in Red Deer. But maybe more important than either, is the fact that 3 good friends all play with Ft. Sask, 3 buddies that he grew up with and played minor hockey with and won a Western Cdn. championship with.

Tough choice to make!

I have heard a couple people in Leth saying Pess has a girlfriend down here and would consider playing Univ hockey here at the U of L next season. Damn, I wish I was lucky enough to have a different woman in each city. But in terms of hockey, if I was him, I would stay on a contending team rather than a rebuilding team.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77
    I have heard a couple people in Leth saying Pess has a girlfriend down here and would consider playing Univ hockey here at the U of L next season. Damn, I wish I was lucky enough to have a different woman in each city.
    Indeed, there is a potential girlfriend in every city, this shouldn't influence his decision!

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    Indeed, there is a potential girlfriend in every city, this shouldn't influence his decision!
    I did hear he wasn't the brightest kid in the world. Is University hockey even an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake

I haven't been able to find this trade on the WHL site. Is it conditional on Pess reporting to Lethbridge?