Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 11/11/06 Pats vs Warriors

Default 11/11/06 Pats vs Warriors

HEY, 2 POINTS!!!! WOO!!!

Couple of random comments...

McArdle, McArdle, McArdle... here's an idea: lets elbow Reich in the face when the ref is standing two feet away... I give Reich a 10 for his acting, almost did a backflip, but hey, Mr. Hotshot sat in the sin bin for a few minutes after that genious move so I was all for it

Brownlee...congrats on his first snipe!

Linden Rowat...why isn't he getting any stars

N. Ross, kid was due for a blueliner goal, once again came through with some decent hits, especially on #12 and took a puck to the arm late in the game...he's gonna have to ice that one for awhile

Craig Schira.... i think i actually saw him hip check someone tonight :skeptical , anyone else see that?...Schirs buddy, we miss those from you...KEEP EM COMING

How many posts did we hit tonight and we were clearly robbed of a goal, the light was on, it hit the back of the net n jumped out...tsk tsk....ugh just think, we could have annihilated our favourite team :burningma ...ah well

and i'll say it again...HEY, 2 POINTS!!!! WOO!!!

one more game on Tuesday before i'm deprived of puck for two weeks
    Last edited by patsfan33; 11-12-2006 at 02:58 AM.

It was good to see the winless streak finally end, though the first period wasnt anything to be proud of. Everything after that seemed to improve, and if not for hitting the post 8 times or so, it would have been a good old fashioned whooping.

Tonight, for once, we actually had decent officiating. Though I thought that Mcardle should have gotten more than 2 minutes for that elbow. Perhaps an unsportsmanlike conduct call along with the elbow.

Our defence looked a ton better than last night. All our guys did their job. Pyett played good, he got 3 assists, but I thought he could have been more agressive(sorry, High expectations.). Overall good game for him. Schira did actually have some hits in this game, and got a goal too. 2 firsts for him this season. I would like to see him continue to play more physical this season. Nick had a decent game, with plenty of shots on net, even a goal. All the rest had good games too...yes, even reinhart(not really). Im begginning to think Reinhart is like a good luck charm or something. Perhaps he is a good leader in the locker room or something... Im not sure what it is, and it kills me to say this, but.. we need reinhart.

The forwards werent too bad. I was surprised to see snellman of all people displaying some good offensive skills. Puck handling, and driving to the net, even creating chances. He started showing us why he has a 4th round draft pick. If he can put his aggressive game, along with his offensive game, then he could shape to be a good addition to our team.

Top line had a good game as usual, especially Reich. Jeez, this kid can skate. Great energy player. Not only does he have skills, but he can get under the other teams skin. Really fun to watch. I though berny on the second line was basically invisable. Dont remember seeing him at all.(scratch?). Overagers hussled and played decent tonight. I think that even though Eberle is only 16, he needs to beef up, and work on his skating. If he was faster, then I could see him racking up alot more points than he already has. Mcdonald had a strong game too, getting alot of ice time. He has definatly proved that he belongs on this team. Most of the players on our team had a good game.

I hope we carry our performance into the game on tuesday..

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogent_Jerk
    All the rest had good games too...yes, even reinhart(not really). Im begginning to think Reinhart is like a good luck charm or something. Perhaps he is a good leader in the locker room or something... Im not sure what it is, and it kills me to say this, but.. we need reinhart.
    It's about time someone other than myself gives him credit. I don't know him but I would have to say that he knows his role. He is the Pats defensive defenceman. Welcome back to the lineup Derek punk rock !

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogent_Jerk
    I though berny on the second line was basically invisable. Dont remember seeing him at all.(scratch?).
    He played the first period and maybe a shift or 2 in the 2nd... but rode the pine the rest of the game. Hopefully is able to get out of Hunt's dog house and get back on track.

Iconwhl

Bernhardt didnt see 1 shift on saturday, Hunt and Perkins are sending him a message, he hasnt been playing a team game he has been trying to do it all himself. Berny goes through ups and downs like this (every season hes been here Hunt has had to send him a message).

And yes more people have to give Reinhart credit hes a role Defenceman, kills penalties and plays the odd shift 5 on 5. Everyone knows he cant handle the puck well (including the other teams) when they dump the puck in 9 times outta 10 they dump it in on Reinhart's side, Reinhart plays hes angles well and blocks alot of shots, he is a heart and sole guy on this team will sacrifice his body, stand up for any teammate, and doesnt complain about not seeing much ice.

When he is scratched he comes and sits right below me with the family who sits there, he dates there daughter. Hes a great kid, knows the game really well just doesnt have the puck skills, or great skating, and he admits that. Its his attitude that goes far with Hunt and Parker, and hes well respected in the locker room.

And as for my comments on the game saturday night....... the 1st period i thought Schria played absolutely terrible couldnt handle the puck, puck was always in his feet, and he was getting beaten along the boards cuz of bad angles on the opposition. Rowat played well again, and this time we helped him out with some goal support, Teubert and Delahey continue to impress each game, Teubert plays regularly 5 on 5 and on the PP, well Delahey also plays regularly and plays PK. K.Ross continues to be our hardest worker each and every night, Reich has the same work ethic along with Festerling. Its hard to say but at times especially on the PP the Pats are missing Hulak (yes hes a good player, but not often do teams miss a 17yr old rookie) but we are missing him. Eberle hasnt been doing much lately, like i had said before he will have his ups and downs hes only 16 a small 16yr old with skill, he'll come around again, lots of people who sit around me expet him to contribute each and every game, least we forget people hes only 16.

Last game at home on Tues against the Winterhawks until Dec.1 what am i going to do with no hockey.......Oh right watch my NHL center Ice......

Bran Guest

A lot of defensemen don't get the credit they deserve. Guys like Pyett and N. Ross get noticed because they're offensive, they're hard to miss. With a guy like Reinhart, you have to watch more closely to see the impact he has. It's huge. Saying that Reinhart is a lucky charm isn't giving him any credit. He works hard, and success comes from that. It's not luck at all.

As for the game...I missed the first period because I had to work until 8, but I got there just in time for the second. I was disappointed, but it sounds like I didn't miss much? You know, as much as we all love to beat MJ, it just isn't as much fun when they don't even put up a fight! They played like they didn't care, there was no emotion there at all. They looked like the Pats did on Friday night! The Pats, on the other hand. Gotta feel for Perricone, the kid must have been wasted by the end of the night. 54 shots! More shots in any given period than the entire game on Friday. That's what I like to see. Hard work pays off. yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    Bernhardt didnt see 1 shift on saturday, Hunt and Perkins are sending him a message, he hasnt been playing a team game he has been trying to do it all himself. Berny goes through ups and downs like this (every season hes been here Hunt has had to send him a message).
    Bernhardt is a great hockey player, but he needs to grow up. He goes through ups and downs. Same thing happened last year. He really broke out near the end of the season, and I was really hoping that would be it, and he'd just get it. Guess it's going to take a little more work. Hopefully he can get on the right track and stay there, because when he's on his game, he's really beneficial to the team.

Iconwhl

Bran i couldnt agree with you more in your whole post....everything you said is so dead on......too many people dont really watch the game of hockey that closely there just homers and get on the players that arnt so called great players and have no idea that depth players are needed on every team (be it hockey, football, baseball, basketball)

As for the berny thing i really hope he does pick up his game tonight is his test to see how he reacts to being benched against moosejaw......if he doesnt respond tonight berny could be in a pile of sh*t and will be tough to dig his way out of that pile with Hunt standing on the top.

http://www.reginapats.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=676

Return to teamwork gets Pats back in groove

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
    Published: Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The unsung heroes are playing a different tune for the Regina Pats.

Scott Brownlee scored the first goal of his WHL career and Craig Schira added his first of the season on Saturday night as Regina gutted out a much-needed 5-2 win over the Moose Jaw Warriors before 5,372 fans at the Brandt Centre.

It was just the second victory in nine games for the Pats, who snapped a three-game losing streak while climbing back to the .500 mark at 9-9-1-1.

"We had a (pregame) meeting and what we said is we need to get back down to basics," offered Pats centre Justin Scott. "We've been playing a lot of one-on-one, trying to do things ourselves. That's the way it gets when you're in a funk. The easiest way to get out of it is to just come out and have a strong team effort."

There was nothing pretty about this battle of struggling rivals, which may have been just what the doctor ordered for Regina. The home team, which has a bad habit of living on the perimeter, recorded a season-high 54 shots due to its resolve in crashing the net and creating second chances in traffic.

Brownlee rallied to the cause early in the second period, banging home Scott's rebound to give Regina a 2-0 lead. Kenndal McArdle and Steven Gillen replied for Moose Jaw, but Pats rookie Jared Jagow broke the deadlock at 8:09 of the third period with the first of three unanswered goals. Jagow's marker came just 25 seconds after Gillen tied it up.

"It takes a lot of pressure off our top two lines, knowing our third and fourth lines can chip in here and there," noted Brownlee. "It motivates them too. If we put a couple in, they start rolling and things just (continue) from there."

That's exactly what happened.

Nick Ross and Schira broke it open with power-play goals in the third period -- both off point shots through traffic. Ross's goal came just 1:06 after Jagow had restored the Pats' lead.

Up to that point, it looked like Warriors goaltender Joey Perricone might steal one.

"It has happened to us so often where we've outshot a team and not been able to put the puck in the net," noted Pats head coach Curtis Hunt, whose team was coming off Friday's 4-0 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers. "My hat's off to our guys because we were obviously very flat (against Medicine Hat, recording just 15 shots). We didn't have a weak link tonight. When you play like that (as a team), you're going to win more games than not."

Goalie Linden Rowat made 25 saves for the Pats, whose other goal came from Kyle Ross. He opened the scoring with 53 seconds left in the first period.

"Getting the first goal was a big key because we were really lacking that lately," said Brownlee, who followed up Ross's marker with his first goal in 21 WHL games. "It's nice to get that out of the way. Hopefully more will come."

The Pats received meaningful contributions throughout their lineup, including a gritty effort by first-liners Kyle Ross, Brett Leffler and Mike Reich. Meanwhile, the checking unit of Scott, Brownlee and Ryan McDonald was a combined plus-three in the game.

"It's not the most prolific role and not everybody wants to do it but me and Brownlee thrive on it," added Scott, who also did Yeoman's work on the penalty kill. "It's nice to be rewarded. No matter how much it hurts or how tired you are, it always feels good after you win."

EXTRAS: The Pats were without F Jason MacDonald, who returned home to Calgary after two of his brothers were involved in a car crash Saturday morning. They're in hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries ... Pats D Derek Reinhart (tonsillitis) returned after missing seven games ... RW Justin Bernhardt spent almost the entire night glued to the bench. "His play was unacceptable," said Hunt ... Regina went 3-for-13 on the player play. Moose Jaw was 1-for-8 ... Logan Pyett had three power-play assists ... Pats GM Brent Parker presented Warriors GM Chad Lang with a $10,000 cheque for the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund ... Regina and Moose Jaw don't meet again until Jan. 26.
    A quote from the article...
    RW Justin Bernhardt spent almost the entire night glued to the bench. "His play was unacceptable," said Hunt"
    Greg Harder and I must have been watching the same game

Iconwhl

well not to be a prick but that doesnt say much for u then cuz Harder doesnt know what hes talking about on his best days.....if u listened to the OT show after the game the annoucer said Bernhardt didnt get a shift and Perkins also confirmed that......Bernhardt played a terrible game on friday night (but so did alot of other players) Bernhardt got his punishment for that game by not playing at all on sat night..

But whatever if you and Harder say he played abit so be it...I'll leave it at that

Bran Guest

Were the Pats wearing poppies on their jerseys? Or was that patch for something else?