Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It is the Oil Kings and here's the logo

A nod to tradition in this case is just more of Edmonton's pitiful need to live in the past. They do it with the Oilers, and looks like they are going to do it in the Dub as well. A new identity for a new generation would have been preferable, IMO.

As far as the cost goes, the 15% discount at the Oilers Store is potentially meaningless as a bonus, as all Hitmen STH's get the same at Fanattic. If all Oil Kings fans get it as well, club seats or not, then the bonus is not unique to that promo.

If it is for two tickets though, that does change things considerably. The per game cost would actually be cheaper than Hitmen games in the club section.

Though Hitmen season tickets this year came with a club jacket, the same discount at the store, and cost 60% of that total per seat, and an equal or better view than you would you get in the club sections.
    Last edited by RunTheGoalie; 11-18-2006 at 11:10 PM.

People already complaining about price and you havent even played you first game yet Before complaining first look at what you get for $2007.

IT INCLUDES 2 seats and parking with all the other stuff. If you complain about that you do not deserve this team.

What's worse? Someone complaining about something, admittedly making a mistake on the number of tickets, or someone who didnt bother to read far enough to figure out that it wasnt an Edmonton fan making the comment before trashing Edmonton fans?

Watch you dont fall off your high horse, bub.

Your right should have maybe read a bit more. But just so you know I like it up here and good luck trying to knock me off my horse BUB.

I still think they should have went with the Edmonton Ice............Then sell them and move them to Kootney. Oil Kings to bland
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

i dont mind the oil king name. however the logo im not crazy about. None of there fans are going to have a connection to the old team, so all the young and middle aged fans will just find it ugly. In terms of the club seating, calgary is way better than edmonton.
    -you actually get a bigger seat
    -u have ur own concourse that not just anybody can get into
    -u have ur own entrance

All your getting with ur club seat in edmonton is access to a special lounge. they will be curtaining off the upper bowl, so every fan gets the same type of seat and they all have access to the locker room level lounge.

Edmonton OilKings really sounds sweet, but after looking at the logo it doesn't look up to date.
    Fight Guy
    My first thought....ughh. I would have liked to see a more modern logo. I dont really like the retro look...mostly the light colouring. But oddly enough...it is quickly growing on me.
    he does make a good point, the more you look at it, the more it grows on you!
    Go BLADES Go

Bertrox44 Guest

That logo is ugly. IMO.

the oil kings logo still beats the Warriors third jersey logo haha

In the 60's I used to listen to Brian Hall do the odd play by play on CJCA of the Kings Can't think of their regular braodcaster--maybe someone can help me out. I think it was a guy from CFRN?
    Names like Darcy Rota, Doug Kerslak, Falkenberg etc bring back many memories

Former Oil King Fan now a Giant STH----Good luck Oil Kings