Thread: Undershhot gets 1 game

Default Undershute gets 1 game

from, www.whl.ca

11/20 Kevin Undershute Medicine Hat Tigers Suspended for one game for checking from behind major and game misconduct vs Red Deer
    on November 18.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

I saw that one coming. Too bad Hanzal didn't.

Hanzal had no business turning his back to Undershute, especially when he was two feet away from the boards. But at the same time Undershute should have at least tried to lay up a bit. If he had, it would have only been a 2 minute boarding penalty at the worst. When Hanzal turned Undeshute had no way of avoiding contact, but he might have laid up a bit. That's how I saw it anyway and I was in the front row and the whole thing happened right in front of me. Alot of the rebels might even agree with me considering Undershute took out their number 1 point getter and not one rebel made a move towards him.

All that said, Undershute should have laid up. I suspect the adrenaline was pumping and that's why he didn't.

The suspension is fair. Even if Hanzal shares some of the culpability. I'd sure like to know what was going through his mind when he turned his back. We all know what was going through his mind afterwards: