Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wheatkings 4 Blades 1

Default Wheatkings 4 Blades 1

Wintoneak scored first with a weak wrister (nicely placed) from the top of the circle. No powerplays for the Blades in the first. Wheatkings would answer back in the second. Good effort by Burki as he throws it in front for Derlago and he beats Nuefeld up close. Barktek will put the wheaties in the lead as he somehow got in past the flatfooted D and beats Blaine stick side. Cloud hits a very clean check on Yeo, and toughman Yeo jumps 5'11 180 pound Cloud and really didnt get much on him. A couple licks in. These refs seem pretty biased as they didnt give Yeo an instigator, even the Wheatkings announcers were suprised at the no call. BAD reffing thus far. I think its impossable for the Wheatkings to get a penalty at this point. Reaves checks Konecny from behind into the boards (no call of coarse) as Konecny slowly limps to the Bench Derlago scores as the Blades are pretty much shorthanded... I hope Konecny is ok. Burki makes a very nice pass to Topilko and he makes no mistake with a nice one timer 4-1. Reaves and Klotz wanna go but the wheat loving refs make sure that reaves is protected and do not let Klotz knock him senseless. Penalty for Klotz but not Reaves... suprise suprise. Blades get jumped agaion after Ward hits Moore hard to the boards, so Kohn beelines for Funk and Reaves jumps Ward (17) Of course even though 2 weatkings jumped Blades, the Blades end up getting a 3 minute penalty..... This game was kind of a gongshow. The Blades didnt get a single powerplay all game. This was terrible. The Blades lost to a better team tonight. But the refs did a pretty weak job.
    BLEED BLUE

outshot 44-13...the refs may have been terrible (I didn't watch or listen so I don't know) but when you get outshot 44-13 you don't deserve to win no matter what. I am pretty sure the timbits that play during the intermission get more than 13 shots off. Crazy...

Also, I read your posts before it was locked. The ruling on the stick thing. The rule is your not allowed to have 2 players sticks in your hand at the same time. However you are allowed to have a goalie stick and player stick at the same time so the right non-call was made.

13 shots...ugh

13 shots doesn't cut the mustard. I can't belive even this team can't get over 13 shots, thats stupid. Blades lose again, actually ya know what...this Blade fan has givin up completely, I havb't gone to a game in over 2 months so I decide to go to the game against Red Deer and once again we lose and I see just how terrible this team is. I'm sorry guys but take it as a mirricle if I say anythign good about the Blades for the remainder of the season.

3rd time asking, are you ok? That must have been a devastating fall from the wagon. Everyone knows this is a "rebuilding" year and everyone said that making the playoffs would be an accomlpishment in itself. So when you hear that do you think that they are going to win, or even play 500 hockey. No...so as a fan you just support the young guys, get through this year and reap the benefits for the next few years. We'll have 18 year olds who are playing in their 3rd year, 19 year olds laying in their 4th year.

Here are some other things to help you enjoy it abit more this year.
    They may be losing but I the whole reason I go to the games is to be entertained and they are doing a heck of a job doing that this year. Lots of big hits, lots of good fights, lots of shown potential, majority of games there is amazing goaltending from 2 whl rookies. We have a line where the shortest guy is 6'2 (wintoneak) followed by skrudland and klotz at 6'5 and 6'6. We have a young chris cloud who at 18 is showing the ability to dangle with the best of them, wait till he get's that last little move dialed in, he has the potential to be a play making points machine. We have two players who are projected to be drafted in the first round this year. one in the top 5, maybe the top 3. (Gillies and Mccrae obviously). Over the next 2-3 years we get the privilege to watch these two young guys develop into nhl calibre players.
    There are teams that rarely get to watch 1st round picks night in and night out and we potentially have 2. We have a goalie who is predicted to go very high in 08'. I could go on and on. They may lose but you can't say they are not fun to watch. Hope this helps.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your fall and see you back on the wagon next year.

Ok I understand but I didn't expect them to be this bad, I'm saying any team who does that bad in a game doesn't cut it, I don't care if they have a young team thats unexceptable in any league, and if you'r insinuating that I only like the Blades because they did good last year and now that they're not I'm abandoning them you make me sick. I hate people like that. I hate people that jump from banwagon to bandwagon. I've said this before to you and I think I've clearafied that I am not a bandwagon jumper but there's a point in a season where you realize....you'r not good and that's right about now but Holtby, Klotz are giving me very good examples of what they're going to do next year and that is a very good sign.

Number_4 Guest

You say that you've given up... given up on what? The team? The season? ______? To me, especially in the east, any team has a chance at this point in the season. I wouldnt give up to quickly. IMO, giving up on a team at all is jumping off the bandwagon. Its still early. Some teams are performing above their potential right now and others below. Saskatoon might be a young team, but they have been playing with heart and are keeping themselves alive. Are they a Memorial cup team? Well no, but as it stands in the close east, they still have playoff hopes. Everyone does still, they have another 4 months or so left in the season. Its just to early to give up.

Default The Blades

[QUOTE=GOBLADESGO#3]13 shots doesn't cut the mustard. I can't belive even this team can't get over 13 shots, thats stupid. Blades lose again, actually ya know what...this Blade fan has givin up completely, I havb't gone to a game in over 2 months so I decide to go to the game against Red Deer and once again we lose and I see just how terrible this team is. I'm sorry guys but take it as a mirricle if I say anythign good about the Blades for the remainder of the season.

If you take a look at the Wheatkings roster they have (9) 19 year old's and (3) 20 year olds to Saskatoon's (3) 20 year old's and (1) 19 year old who I believe is the back up goaltender and the rest are 18,17 and (4) 16 year old's. There is no way Brandon should lose to the Blade's. Saskatoon is hanging in every game fairly well. Great thing's to come in the next few year's for this organization. Lorne is doing a great job with his draft pick's, and look's like he will have balance through out his line up for not only next year but for year's to come. So don't expect so much from such a young team. 16 and 17 year old's can not compete against 19 and 20 year old's. That's like saying a Nhl team made up of 20 and 21 year old's can compete with guy's in their prime at 26,7,8 or 9. So just sit back and watch these young men grow and develop into great, good and decent hockey player's.

Well I didn't mean I had completely givin up I'm just saying we're not good, is that jumping off the bandwagon??? admitting that an 8-15 team isn't good??? Our division is pretty easy especially with the Pats in it, anyways I guess we still have a chance, now say what you want.....

Default Again

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLADESGO#3
    Well I didn't mean I had completely givin up I'm just saying we're not good, is that jumping off the bandwagon??? admitting that an 8-15 team isn't good??? Our division is pretty easy especially with the Pats in it, anyways I guess we still have a chance, now say what you want.....

Sorry but the Blade's are good. Just young and inexperienced as yourself. As I said they will get better as they learn how to play and compete at this level. So to say they have no talent is way off base.

I would have to agree with you that the Blades are good and have alot of potential to being a good club, but i do feel the frustration with the amount of shots being fired at the net by the Blades, they need to stop the amount of passes they are taking and shoot, you never know what will happen.
    Go BLADES Go