Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where was the REf and Benke

Default Where was the REf and Benke

To start with where was Pat Smith when the game started??????.
    But better yet why did he not stay lost??????

Why is Benke not dressing???
    I think we could use his size, and don't give that crap about him not being a great skater as there are flaws with eveyone of us.
    We could use his toughness as some of D-men do not like a physical game!!!!!!

I believe Smith stayed out of it. He only called a couple of penalties to Mercers7 or 8. I agree with you about Benke though. The only time he plays is when someone is hurt. The way Postma's been playing he should be sitting out a game or two.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

I don't recall Smith being on the ice for the 1st period....

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeler
    I don't recall Smith being on the ice for the 1st period....
    He wasn't, but he hardly called a penalty in the final 2.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

dynamitekid Guest

Default Benke

Apparently wonder coach does not think we need to follow the norm!! Why would he want to be like other teams in this league. Why would you play a 6'5" defence man? And do not give me that crap about he can not skate or not get the job done. Benke led our team last year in +/- so i guess he can get the job done! He was +4 the rest of our defence was -103!!!!!!!!! And if if you think it is his skating check out our beloved Captain's skating. Go watch practice once and see who is the hardest worker....#3. It is such a shame that a kid like this gets a raw deal here because he is not on of the coach's favorites. Mabey if Deano had traded for him he would get to play all the time, and mistakes not questioned and have every chance to suceed!!!!!!
    Have any of you talked to any fans that say he should not be playing? I doubt it. Lets hope that Mr. Benke gets traded some where that he is appreciated and comes back here and rub it in emotionaless Deano's face.
    Only 20 more games of watching this pathetic excuse for a coach wreck our good youg players!!!!!

C'mon, give it a rest! He answered in perfect clarity at last night's hotstove what he's doing with Benke....you can only dress so many players. If he feels Carl hasn't been up to snuff, so be it! HE IS, after all, THE GM!!!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitekid
    Apparently wonder coach does not think we need to follow the norm!! Why would he want to be like other teams in this league. Why would you play a 6'5" defence man? And do not give me that crap about he can not skate or not get the job done. Benke led our team last year in +/- so i guess he can get the job done! He was +4 the rest of our defence was -103!!!!!!!!! And if if you think it is his skating check out our beloved Captain's skating. Go watch practice once and see who is the hardest worker....#3. It is such a shame that a kid like this gets a raw deal here because he is not on of the coach's favorites. Mabey if Deano had traded for him he would get to play all the time, and mistakes not questioned and have every chance to suceed!!!!!!
    Have any of you talked to any fans that say he should not be playing? I doubt it. Lets hope that Mr. Benke gets traded some where that he is appreciated and comes back here and rub it in emotionaless Deano's face.
    Only 20 more games of watching this pathetic excuse for a coach wreck our good youg players!!!!!
    Calm down! I'd like to see more of Benke myself but I'm sure there's a good reason. I just wish Dean would sit some of the other guys that don't seem to think out there once in a while. BUT, I'm not gonna freak out over it. Lord, you'd think you were his mom!

This question was answered perfectly at the hot stove (which is reviewed on Keens Korner). The reason Benke isnt playing is he is the 8th best defenseman. Rummer and Crowley are undisputed top two. Then there is 2 19 yr old vets that know how to get it done, then 2 17yr olds that have caught the eyes of the NHL, and another 17 that has been solid. Plain and simple. Benke lacks hockey knowledge, is the slowest player (deadly if you are a defenceman), and is unsure with the puck. He would have a tough time consistantly cracking a lot of dub lineups. Again i will say this. Benke would be best served playing the enforcer on the Bronco 4th line as a winger.

Benke maybe big and slow but, he does get the job done. He sure can't be any worse than Rakos on the power play. I think they should play Benke and sit Rakos.
    Welcome to hockey town

Rakos shouldn't be on the point on the powerplay. He should play down low or plant himself in front of the net and bang in the garbage. He doesn't have a goal from outside 25 feet this year. Our passing is not good enough to make three perfect passes to set up an open net shot. Keep it simple and throw the puck on net with wristers and bang it in. Who cares if it is not pretty, we need to score more on the PP.