Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Where was the REf and Benke

Umm Ern. Just a sidenote. No one is allowed to bring ppl in the stands to their feet. That would mean ppl behind the standing person wouldnt be able to see with out standing, and so on. Nope standing by your seat only causes more grumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi
    Umm Ern. Just a sidenote. No one is allowed to bring ppl in the stands to their feet. That would mean ppl behind the standing person wouldnt be able to see with out standing, and so on. Nope standing by your seat only causes more grumbling.
    OK, OK, I get the drift....you might wanna go and watch a game in Saskatoon though, if you like the fans to sit half-asleep. In the CUC, you can hear yourself think, and people never get out of their seats. Is that the kind of hockey atmosphere you like?? Good for you...sorry, I don't! I prefer a Moose Jaw Civic Centre style hockey, where you can never hear yourself BREATHE, much less think, where the fans are into it, and the noise gets the team going, and gets some numbers in the win column.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default Coach Dean

Well now that Benke is gone when will Dean step down.
    Cant make the PP work,puts Rakos on defense. Whats up with that. He has tried that for so long with no positive results.
    He should be a politician.
    Have you ever heard a straight answer form him? When questioned he answers but, do you think it is truthful. I don't.
    Have you ever watched the bench and seen how little he talks to the players.
    Then check out how much Hunch talks to the boys. When Dave takes over there seems to be better harmony amongst the players and the way they play.
    I just cannot take any more of Dean Cheyonewth. He is so emotionless on the bench is this what we want in Swift Current?
    He has to GO. Even his old man (Ed) wont have him as a coach.
    What does that SAY!!!!!!
    Last edited by Flathead; 12-02-2006 at 08:40 AM. Reason: profanity, name calling

Default pretty simple

The fact of the matter is that this is not a good hockey team. A couple of good individual players but not any real identity as a team. If we were still in the central we would be in last place fighting with a Lethbridge team that is heading in the right direction. Again we are near the bottom of the league in scoring goals and if it weren't for the goaltending we would be nearly winless. We lead the league in PIM's and but send our only legit heavy down? Where is this team heading? Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by bigern
    OK, OK, I get the drift....you might wanna go and watch a game in Saskatoon though, if you like the fans to sit half-asleep. In the CUC, you can hear yourself think, and people never get out of their seats. Is that the kind of hockey atmosphere you like?? Good for you...sorry, I don't! I prefer a Moose Jaw Civic Centre style hockey, where you can never hear yourself BREATHE, much less think, where the fans are into it, and the noise gets the team going, and gets some numbers in the win column.
    Oh i have seen games in the CUC too. Not exactly loud. But then again its always a half empty rink.

As far as I can tell KARL BENKE was never giving a fair shot this year PERIOD. With limited ice time last year he still led the team in plus minus. And if you actually watched him on the ice was propably one the smartest d-men out their. He always knew where everyone on the ice was. And busted his ass. Then rules changed and they tell him to work on his skating. He does just that comes to camp leaner and quicker. How does he get repaid for actually working in the off season? He pretty much gets benced. absoulutley RIDICULOUS. Now I know we have great young dmen but why has Benke been the skapgoat? No one else has been punished like Karl. A few other players can float, take stupid penalties and play with NO HEART and coaches sat him game after game. Time to wake up Deano.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeler
    Well now that Benke is gone when will Dean step down.
    Cant make the PP work,puts Rakos on defense. Whats up with that. He has tried that for so long with no positive results.
    He should be a politician.
    Have you ever heard a straight answer form him? When questioned he answers but, do you think it is truthful. I don't.
    Have you ever watched the bench and seen how little he talks to the players.
    Then check out how much Hunch talks to the boys. When Dave takes over there seems to be better harmony amongst the players and the way they play.
    I just cannot take any more of Dean Cheyonewth. He is so emotionless on the bench is this what we want in Swift Current?
    He has to GO. Even his old man (Ed) wont have him as a coach.
    What does that SAY!!!!!!

Have you ever talked to Dean "Cheyonewth" in person? Yes, it is a tough last name, but maybe you could check it out. LOL (JUST KIDDING)
    Anyway, he is a very nice guy when you do talk to him in person, and is not nearly as emotionless as you might think. This is his style of coaching....let the players decide...don't interfere, cause it ticks some of them off when they're told they just did something wrong, and then they won't play at all!
    For example, Dave Tippett, the head coach of the Dallas Stars, currently has the second highest winning percentage in the entire NHL. In three years in Dallas, he has had the team tops in their div. three consecutive years. When you watch him, HE TALKS EVEN LESS to the guys than Dean Chynoweth does to his players. No, I don't think we should jump at the coach that fast. We have a good coach. SUPPORT the team more, and be patient, is what we have to do.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

8. Default Here we go...

First off, who called Karl Benke a legit heavyweight? Which heavyweights has Benke scrapped with? Roman Psurny?

Don't say he didn't have a chance to prove himself. 70+ games in the dub. Of the hundreds that try out for each team that's more than most. If Benke was 6'1 he wouldn't have made it through training camp. Having players on your team because they're tall is passe.

Swift seems to have trouble putting a complete game together. Something always seems to falter whether it's the PP, PK goal scoring or goaltending. If this team could put together a full effort with everything firing we'll be fine.
    Last edited by Willis on the Welfare; 12-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigern
    Have you ever talked to Dean "Cheyonewth" in person? Yes, it is a tough last name, but maybe you could check it out. LOL (JUST KIDDING)
    Anyway, he is a very nice guy when you do talk to him in person, and is not nearly as emotionless as you might think. This is his style of coaching....let the players decide...don't interfere, cause it ticks some of them off when they're told they just did something wrong, and then they won't play at all!
    For example, Dave Tippett, the head coach of the Dallas Stars, currently has the second highest winning percentage in the entire NHL. In three years in Dallas, he has had the team tops in their div. three consecutive years. When you watch him, HE TALKS EVEN LESS to the guys than Dean Chynoweth does to his players. No, I don't think we should jump at the coach that fast. We have a good coach. SUPPORT the team more, and be patient, is what we have to do.
    I Like that. In a way it makes the players find a way to step it up and not rely on the coach. I"m sorry. The Everett coach would you really like that. OR brandon's coach.. all they ever do is yell.. Like the way Dean is.. its a different style not overly to aggressive.. trys to make the players develop themsleve.. at some point as a player you gotta make the step right. Do it for themselves and there team? Makes sense but you need the type of player.. like a big #2 Dean serdashney.(sorry on the spelling) But that boy was a leader.. he had heart. Anyone remember the game where grabbed the other teams tough guy and we were just getting wompped.. and beat the crap out of him dropped him and skated to the bench.. end of the period just pointing at the guys on the bench and giving it to em? Thats what we lack... Or atleast it was sweet to see

Quote Originally Posted by Willis on the Welfare
    First off, who called Karl Benke a legit heavyweight? Which heavyweights has Benke scrapped with? Roman Psurny?

Don't say he didn't have a chance to prove himself. 70+ games in the dub. Of the hundreds that try out for each team that's more than most. If Benke was 6'1 he wouldn't have made it through training camp. Having players on your team because they're tall is passe.

Swift seems to have trouble putting a complete game together. Something always seems to falter weather it's the PP, PK goal scoring or goaltending. If this team could put together a full effort with everything firing we'll be fine.
    Its amazing the team does have the ability to beat most teams in the league but they also have the ability to play worse than some midget teams.