Thread: Raiders @ Pats (Dec. 1)

Default Raiders @ Pats (Dec. 1)

I thought I would start this thread early and go from here...

Game Notes from reginapats.com (http://www.reginapats.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=696)

SCOUTING REPORT

PRINCE ALBERT (9-14-2-2) at REGINA (12-13-1-1)

Today, 7 p.m., Brandt Centre

Radio: 620 CKRM

Key injuries: REGINA -- LW Scott Brownlee (hand, week-to-week), D Kyle Deck (knee, day-to-day), LW Derek Hulak (shoulder, 1-2 weeks); PRINCE ALBERT -- F Brent Ottmann (shoulder, day-to-day), F Lukas Zeliska (ankle, day-to-day).

Overview: The Pats are playing their first home game since Nov. 14 -- a 7-0 win over the Portland Winter Hawks. Their last six games were on the road, going 2-4 on a B.C. road swing while scoring just eight goals . . . Prince Albert has allowed a league-worst 112 goals in 27 games (4.15 per game) . . . Regina defeated the Raiders in both of their previous meetings this season -- 2-0 in Regina on Oct 9 and 6-5 (OT) in P.A. on Nov. 1 . . . Ryan DePape is Prince Albert's top point-getter with 25. Matt Robertson has a team-high 13 goals . . . Kyle Ross leads the Pats with 28 points, including seven goals, in 27 games. Rookie Jordan Eberle, despite being shut out on the road trip, is still Regina's top goal-scorer with 12 . . . The Pats are 6-4-1-1 on home ice this season The Raiders are 3-7-0-2 on the road . . . Tonight's game begins a stint of three games in three nights for the Pats, who also play host to the Red Deer Rebels on Saturday and visit the Swift Current Broncos on Sunday.

Default Deckert dedicates game to friend battling cancer

http://www.reginapats.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=698

Deckert dedicates game to friend battling cancer

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
    Published: Saturday, December 02, 2006

"This one's for Todd." Prince Albert Raiders goaltender Jesse Deckert dedicated Friday's 5-4 shootout win over the host Regina Pats to former WHLer Todd Davison, who is battling cancer.

Davison and Deckert, who are both from Winnipeg, started their WHL careers together in Regina during the 2002-03 season. Davison, whose brother Wade also played for the Pats, was diagnosed in the summer of 2004 with a rare form of cancer in his left shoulder.

He recently took a turn for the worse.

"I found out today on the bus on the way here that things weren't going too well for him," an emotional Deckert said after the game. "It was pretty hard for me to get into the game mentally because I had so much on my mind. I'm going to stay in Regina tonight and go home tomorrow for a few days and spend some time with him." When the Raiders learned of Davison's plight, they dedicated the game to Deckert and his friend.

Prince Albert erased a 4-2 lead late in the third period and won it on a shootout goal by Lukas Zelinska. Deckert stopped all three shootout attempts and finished with 27 saves.

"It's a pretty big honour to have all the guys get that win for me and Todd -- more for him," Deckert said of his diminutive ex-teammate, affectionately known as Itty Bitty. "Even though (the Raiders) didn't know him, they met him last year when he came up (to visit in P.A.). It couldn't be dedicated to a better guy." Ryan DePape scored twice for the Raiders (10-14-2-2), who got singles from Milan Jurik and Josh Elder.

Logan Pyett had two goals and two assists for the Pats (12-13-1-2), who got one apiece from Jordan Eberle and Niko Snellman. Linden Rowat stopped 22 shots in a losing cause.

"I was really pleased for Deckert," said Raiders head coach Peter Anholt. "This was a pretty special game for him. We dedicated it to his buddy who's having a tough time. I was happy for him." The Raiders are happy to have Deckert in the fold at all.

The 20-year-old is back in P.A. after being released on Oct. 17. Anholt recalled the veteran from the BCHL's Salmon Arm Silverbacks after the team lost nine straight with a pair of rookies minding the crease.

Since Deckert's return, Prince Albert has gone 4-1-0-1. He has started all six games.

"He's kind of like a security blanket almost," explained Anholt. "When we decided to go with the two young guys and the three overage skaters, I had no doubt it was the right decision at the time with the information we had, but as it turned out we just didn't play very well in front of those kids. The guys play better in front of Deck(ert). He has been a real good Raider and we're pleased to get him back. As it turned out it was pretty important for us." Prince Albert jumped out to a 2-0 lead on Friday night before Regina stormed back with four straight goals. They appeared to have the game in hand when the Raiders went on a late run of their own.

"Obviously that's one we needed, one we wanted," said Pyett, whose team was playing its first home game in two weeks after a six-game road trip. "We've had success against P.A. this year with two wins. To be up by two with seven minutes left and to blow it never feels good no matter who you're playing, but this one hurts especially." EXTRAS: The Pats brought in D Curtis Kulchar, 16, from the midget AAA Prince Albert Mintos to take the spot of captain Kyle Deck (knee). F Brayden Metz, 17, was called up from the midget AAA Regina Pat Canadians to fill in for Justin Bernhardt, who was a healthy scratch for the third straight game ... Pyett, who also had two assists, has scored a goal in three straight games. Friday's marker triggered the Toque and Teddy Bear Toss. The toques are to be delivered to local homeless shelters while the teddy bears go to the Childrens Hospitals of Regina.

Iconwhl

Feel sorry for Deckert after he dedicated the game to Todd then staying the night in Regina and heading to Winnipeg to see Todd now to only find out that Todd had passed away last night at 2am.......