Thread: Trades

Default Trades

Can anyone else tell me how the warriors just raped the Tips Zeteruk and Smith For Calla, Thoring, and a bantam pick? I think Calla is a great player.
    Does anyone know if we are trying to improve our team? Why are we missing out on some of these trades? I would have liked to see Troy Ofuken(sp) come here, but the Pats got that one now the Warriors go and get Calla? Even the best team in the league will make a deal to improve, I believe we still need to make some moves to become a better team.
    Anyone elses thoughts
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD
    Can anyone else tell me how the warriors just raped the Tips Zeteruk and Smith For Calla, Thoring, and a bantam pick? I think Calla is a great player.
    Calla had an ok season last year on a strong Everett team, and is having a relatively ordinary season with the current top team in the country with 9 points and -5. Smith has 6 fewer points and a better +/- on one of the basement dwelling teams of the league, and should be able to replace what Calla was bringing to the team. Zetariuk is a solid defenseman (one of the few trades that Sutter has made that I didn't like was getting rid of him).

Calla had 33 points on a very defensive minded coach. Zets is solid, but not that great of a 20 year old.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Hopefully we can find a way to unload that bum Nelson. Talk about no good. What the Bruins ever saw to draft him............Just kidding bigern !! Seriously though, I can't see Dean rushing into anything even with other deals in the east going down. I think he likes the guys he has here, they are all basically here because of him, just needs to find consistency out of their play. Is there anyone on the team that is not tradeable? I would hope so. The core of this team is young and the team is getting better as the year progresses. We are not going to win the Memorial Cup this year and I think it would be disappointing to trade any of our good young talent just to advance one more round in the playoffs. It'll all depend on who comes knocking Jan.10. Whatever happens, hopefully Dean can rape another GM for a player like Crowley again this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Link Dog
    Hopefully we can find a way to unload that bum Nelson. Talk about no good. What the Bruins ever saw to draft him............Just kidding bigern !! Seriously though, I can't see Dean rushing into anything even with other deals in the east going down. I think he likes the guys he has here, they are all basically here because of him, just needs to find consistency out of their play. Is there anyone on the team that is not tradeable? I would hope so. The core of this team is young and the team is getting better as the year progresses. We are not going to win the Memorial Cup this year and I think it would be disappointing to trade any of our good young talent just to advance one more round in the playoffs. It'll all depend on who comes knocking Jan.10. Whatever happens, hopefully Dean can rape another GM for a player like Crowley again this year!
    Hahaha! You're right there...the Crowley deal was a pretty big ripoff, but I guess so was the Lukacevic deal earlier last season...WOW! Dean seems to want to wait until the last minute, and then when he DOES pull off a trade, it is usually a heck of a ripoff, as we've seen two or three times.
    BUT, with the situation this year, I think the only possibility would be Moir for a good 18 or 17-year old maybe. Moir is good, but we have Yonkman, who can obviously win us some games...holy Hanna! that kid is fast!!.......and Ian Curtis waiting in the wings....I almost cannot wait until he comes up; I think he'll be awesome. Getting back to the Moir deal now; Dean said that deal was very difficult to pull off, and I kind of believe him on that one, because look around the league...who actually needs a 20-year-old goalie right now? It'll be very interesting to see what happens as the deadline nears. It always is. That's when I like to sit back, and watch what GM's do when they're under pressure. Gee, I'm glad I'm not a GM! But no, I think the group of guys we have CAN play great, it's just a matter of bringing it every night. When they're consistent, they're awesome! We're seeing it in this stretch right now. A week ago, we were nine points back of Brandon, and today we're four...something's clicking, obviously!
    As for Levi, if he ever get's traded, I'm not sure I'll be attending anymore. LOL LOL I'll certainly never forgive the management staff if they pull a stunt like that!....No, I think they're better off to keep Levi. He's a great kid, and he's got a passion for the game. You notice it all the time.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!