Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meaning behind your User ID

Hybrid View

mccabe23 Guest

Default Meaning behind your User ID

Looking at all the different User Id's on this board, I'm curious to know how some of them originated.

I'll start with mine.......

Years ago, when I was living in Vancouver, Bryan McCabe was playing for the Canucks. He quickly became a favorite player of mine and he wore number 23 back in those days. Hence.......McCabe23. I've used this ID for about 7-8 years now. Pretty boring but I'm sure there are some intersting stories out there. Let's hear em'!

Mine's easy and obvious:

http://www.highlandershockey.com
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail

Default Tiger Trauma

Hmmm...I dont know ...i thought it sounded kind of cool
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Talking My user id.

I was originally flatlander, because i'm from the prairies and proud of it. I posted something one time and some other poster didn't agree, and being a smart ass, he told me i should change my name to flathead, so i did!
    flathead, now just reminds me of an old flathead 8, and i'm into old vehicles so that's what i go with now. Cheers!

Mine is just a corruption of my name, nothing more, nothing less. Also there is no way to pronounce it.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Years ago i grew very fond of one of the cats. We ended up having to sell him because he could not be house trained. His name was Tipi, my nickname for him was "The Teapster", take out the "the" and the "ter" and you get "Teaps"

When I was in Junior High, I was one of the first people to have Doc Martens Shoes. I had bought a pair of Bright Green Shoes, and Kept them very clean. My Gym Teacher started calling me Shinyshoes, and since some of the kids I went to school with Played on my hockey team, It carried over to hockey, and eventually stuck.

Been using it ever since
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

LOYALTY Guest

Default what's in a name

I chose my name because in the last 4 years (when I became a Bronco fan) I have only missed 2 home games and less than a handful of away games on the radio.....thinking that is pretty loyal......

I lack creativity.

Might as well tell my rediculous story. Well...not that rediculous at all, but...

A few years ago, I wanted to join a car forum that is welcome to absolutley everyone, and has seperate forums for different cars from different countries. Well, my plan was to go on there and bad mouth all the cars that weren't Japanese(because im a fan Japanese cars), and I was just going to try and piss everyone off. Yes. Very imature indeed. So, I made my name 'theimportguy'. So, I started doing what I had planned on doing...but then I started to like the site and ended up shortly after changing my ways and became and active member. I have around 5000 posts there now.

So, on every other board, I kept the theme using 'guy'. So when I started joining hockey forums, I decided to use 'Fight Guy', because I'm a fan of the rough stuff. And thats pretty much how my name came to be.