Thread: Plante's Equipment Stolen

Default Plante's Equipment Stolen

Plante's goalie gear lifted
    Wheat King could use help recovering his property

Fri Dec 15 2006

By Ian Hitchen

BRANDON -- Brandon Wheat Kings star goaltender Tyler Plante could use an assist -- hopefully someone can help him find hockey equipment stolen from his family's garage a few days ago.

Brandon Police Service Sgt. Marc Alain said someone swiped goaltending gear, Florida Panthers hockey pants and New York Islanders hockey gloves from a garage.

Plante's father, Cam, confirmed his son's gear was among the items taken, but declined further comment after seeking advice from the BPS. Plante himself didn't respond to a message left on his cellphone's voice mail.

Cam Plante is concerned the thieves might destroy the equipment or ship it out of town if they find out who it belongs to.

However, he did mention that one of the 20 hockey sticks taken was used by Plante as he made 60 saves during the 2004 Manitoba-Saskatchewan regional midget hockey playoff game versus Tisdale, Sask. His team won that game and went on to win the national championship.

Plante has been a star ever since. As a Wheat King, he posted six shutouts and a 2.58 goals against average in 2004-05 and was named the 2005 WHL rookie of the year.

His nine shutouts in three seasons with the Wheaties gave him the club's all-time shutout record.

The Florida Panthers selected Plante in the second round, 32nd overall, in the 2005 NHL entry draft.

The 19-year-old Brandon native is also known for his good work off the ice. As a member of the Join the Team program, a joint initiative of the Wheat Kings and BPS, Plante has spoken to middle school kids, encouraging them to live healthy alcohol- and drug-free lives. Alain said the theft occurred sometime in the evening of Dec. 11 or early in the morning of Dec. 12 and there were no signs of forced entry. Police have no suspects and ask anyone with information to call the BPS at 729-2345 or Crime Stoppers at 727-6477.

-- The Brandon Sun
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

You know that's really funny if you think about it but all in all, the kids gotta go and buy a whole new set of equitment and I know how hard it is to try and groove in brand new goalie equitment already half way threw a season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLADESGO#3
    You know that's really funny if you think about it but all in all, the kids gotta go and buy a whole new set of equitment and I know how hard it is to try and groove in brand new goalie equitment already half way threw a season.
    The Wheaties pay for there goalies equipment, if they need new stuff
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Really? oh, I didn't know that. Do they have insurrance on all the equitment lol?

that sucks -- not only does he get ripped off but as said above he'll have a bit of time working in the new gear. Hopefully they track down the thieves or at least the gear and Tyler gets his old gear back.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

They said 'goaltending equipment' stolen. Not necessarily this year's equipment. I believe they said one of the sticks was from his Midget Championship year. Jr. teams don't have their players take their gear home, unless it was for a special reason. Does anyone know if it was his game gear, or past year's gear?

If it was his current gear I would laugh hard if it was a dumb criminal who either tries to sell it in the Brandon area, or use it himself. Those pads are pretty easy to spot.

I love to design on them with the wheat coming up from the toes. Really eye catching.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18