Thread: December 30,1986 #8 #9#11#22

Threaded View

Default December 30,1986 #8 #9#11#22

With the 20 year anniversary coming up of the tragic bus crash that took four of our beloved own ( #8 Trent Kresse #9 Scott Kruger #11 Brent Ruff #22 Chris Mantyka) I thought i would, as a person who was a witness to this could share so they are never forgotten. Many posters will remember very little of this event as they were either to young or were a twinkle in their mothers eye. It was a very sad day and a shock, not only to the citizens of Swift Current but to the hockey world.
    How was i involved? I was a billet to the teams assistant captain Ian Herbers and was one of only a select few who were given access to the hospital emergency room. Also alot of the players when they were checked and released from emergency came to our home to be together and to help heal each others wounds.
    I will not rush it as it is a very important date for our city. I will also give the details the best i can. I will do it in parts as time permits but i will sticky the thread. It seems like it happened yesterday and most events are still fresh in my mind.
    I will ask as you read this that you keep in mind why every Bronco wears the four leaf clover with the #'s 8-9-11-22.

Scout
    Last edited by Scout; 12-27-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED