Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: December 30,1986 #8 #9#11#22

b1kem1ke Guest

I've heard of the incident and the 4 leaf clover, but that's all I knew until I read this. Very tragic, but thanks for filling those in who weren't in the time or place to really understand. The Silvertips did have a moment of silence on the 30th.

#8 #9 #11 #22 will be forever in every WHL fans mind.

All-Time Favorite.

With what happened last year with the Warriors, I think it got everyone thinking about what players go thru as BOYS and then young adults.

I was 7 years old at the time of the Bronco incident. I remember the news headlines at the time even on the west coast. The Giants are on a bus through the prairies in the winter just the other day and for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully 8,9,11 and 22 are watching and guarding all WHL players during their travels.

Never forget.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Default Thank-you Scout

I remember that horrible accident very well Scout. Thanks for reminding me. Your post was a very well written and heart felt. This is a very important thread. May I suggest "sticky" status. God bless all families and friends involved and rest in peace boys. You will never be forgotten.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey
    With what happened last year with the Warriors, I think it got everyone thinking about what players go thru as BOYS and then young adults.

I was 7 years old at the time of the Bronco incident. I remember the news headlines at the time even on the west coast. The Giants are on a bus through the prairies in the winter just the other day and for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully 8,9,11 and 22 are watching and guarding all WHL players during their travels.

Never forget.
    The roads out here in Manitoba aren't that bad at all right now, it's mainly really cool all week, however accidents still happen and wish every team in the WHL safe travels.

All-Time Favorite.