Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Off Season

apparently Marc was not paid a salary, only what he wanted was expenses. Raiders paid for a hotel and meals plus gas money for visits back home as a good faith gesture. Which is probably why we saw a 4 yr deal as a thank you also Marc fell in love with the fans and community of PA
    www.childrenswish.ca

If this is true then I`m even more on board with Habby as coach. He is definitely the right man to try & right this ship - has a history of turning floundering teams around: Kamloops, a .500 team into a .750 team in 2 seasons, Kelowna, built into a perennial contender & a Memorial Cup Champion. Chilliwack - maybe not so much winning success there, but there were definite comparisons to the PA franchise in terms of loss of relevance in the community and difficulty recruiting & keeping players when he arrived as coach. He was responsible for recruiting and building a team that eventually moved to Victoria & lost in the playoffs this year to a very powerful Kelowna team. I hope he is given more input into player selection - especially in the upcoming bantam draft - to properly put his stamp on this team. Its going to take all of 4 years to see some success, given the weakness of the Raider`s 50 man PPL. Here`s to a strong draft this year, to begin (again) the rebuild.

Any word on a decision on Bruno ?

what the word on the street is that Bruno will be back for his option year then he is done after that Marc would pull double duty
    www.childrenswish.ca

Looking at wehp list for final rankings he has Fonstad out of Estevan comming to the Raiders. He has the same scouting report as i would for him . Although i only seen him play once he seemed to be a perimeter player. Not physical and no fantastic speed but has always found a way to put up points. There was a big forward that raised to # 3 . Popovich who is a huge forward that wehp compares to a joe thornton type player. I'm guessing that Popovich will be selected at 3 where he was ranked. So if the rankings for the top 5 are correct it will look like this

1 Chiefs - Ty Smith
    2 Hurricanes - Addison
    3 Giants - Popovich
    4 Warriors - Woo
    5 Raiders - Fonstad
    Last edited by Sttop; 05-07-2015 at 08:16 AM.

I am hoping for Barteaux a manitoba defencemen and Wouters , a power forward from Lloyd with the next 2 picks.
    Last edited by Sttop; 05-07-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Jett Woo--easily the best name in the draft.

Woo is easily the best name in hockey .. think of the pa announcer getting to celebrate goals he scores ... wooooooo ! like Ric Flair after a chest slap. I am happy that after not getting a franchise type forward since Gardiner we are getting 3 this year. Not that any are going to be strong on the puck like Draisaitl or Mcniell. But we did get 3 of the top 13 rated forwards comming into the draft.

Would it benefit Fonstad , Miller and the Raiders if the two played for the Mintos this year as 15 year olds? Hearing Fonstad is going to Moose Jaw and Miller to Yorkton. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    Would it benefit Fonstad , Miller and the Raiders if the two played for the Mintos this year as 15 year olds? Hearing Fonstad is going to Moose Jaw and Miller to Yorkton. Any thoughts?
    I heard this weekend that both of these players are going to Moose Jaw. They will get a tonne of icetime there, but absolutely no COACHING!!