Thread: FYI

Default FYI

I'm away this month and won't be posting recaps, as you have probably already noticed. From the little I have gleaned the boys continue the same inconsistency from game to game. Getting hammered by Portland today is no suprise, that team's weapoin arsenal is insane.

If someone would like to post some quick rcaps in my absence it would be appreciated. If you could use the same title fomat I use it would be best as well. Thanks guys.

D
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

2. Default

Was wondering where the usual recaps were, good to hear from you dondo.

I was at the game today and honestly, despite getting thumped, I was still entertained. I have no ill will towards the Winterhawks so it was exciting to watch them work their magic. I'm pulling for them to win the Memorial Cup this year, fun team to watch. Ty Rattie's shot is insane, some of those snipes today reminded me of Brett Hull.

yeah agreed the winterhawks are crazy good and fun to watch even when they are beating us like the proverbial rented mule. I have to say that despite the losses the games I have seen live this year have not been bad hockey -- it's just that the team loses focus and allows quick goals in a short period of time and then struggle to get back into it, but for the most part the effort has been there, if not the skill or veteran leadership.

Managed to listen to a bit of the Rockets game last night and it sounded like the boys were okay and then allowed two quick ones in 1:30 and never got it back. Things like crisp, sharp, on the tape passes continue to elude them and missed assignments have been their/our downfall. League parity is still pretty good so a few consistent stumbles and you find yourself on the wrong end of the score pretty easily.

A Shot From The Corner

I lose count every night of the tape to tape passes. Or did you mean Giant tape to Giant tape. Opponent tape to tape or Giant tape to opponent tape are generally fairly plentiful.

Haven't been overly disappointed with the games as much as the outcomes. The lapses they seem to have to an art form. I guess it is part of the go big or go home attitude. Blink big and then gulp big and try and figure how to dig out.

Next year more wins the year after back to Giant hockey.

yeah pretty much - should be exciting to watch top up and comers from the draft this season though and watch our 16s make bigger strides. Already they are all better than were to start the season.

Remember Portand had six years of bottom feeding due to dumb ownership and absent managment - we should have a couple of tough seasons and then be very competitive - should be really fun. I have to say I have not minded this season and as long as progress is being made then it has been worthwhile. The effort level is still far above any NHL game.

A Shot From The Corner