Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular Season 2014-15 2nd Half

Iconcup Regular Season 2014-15 2nd Half

As of today's date, this 2014-15 edition of the Raiders has distinguished itself by being the third weakest team in the Western Hockey League. The city and fans have another stumbling, lurching rebuild to look forward to under the Campese regime. Maybe, just maybe the 'hockey gods' will take pity on us and have the BOD cut out the cancer that is our leadership.

The question is how do you do it ? They already left him in charge of dealing Morrisey and Draisaitl . Now you fire your management and scouts right before a huge Draft for us and who picks? The replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this year's Draft class.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    The question is how do you do it ? They already left him in charge of dealing Morrisey and Draisaitl . Now you fire your management and scouts right before a huge Draft for us and who picks? The replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this year's Draft class.
    Agreed, the replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this years draft class. But the message would be clear that a new regime and new culture would be in place. The draftees may be inclined to report if they knew that Bruno and his band of wannabees but neverbees were not running the show.

I actually recently sat with the father who has a kid(s) in the league . And the perception was that they were a picky family of where his kids would play. I asked if he would have let his kids play here and his answer was that he truly haven't heard of any kids (other then bc) kids that have said they wouldn't report to any team. He said if the team shows proper interest he would send them wherever they got drafted.

Iconcup

I actually recently sat with the father who has a kid(s) in the league . And the perception was that they were a picky family of where his kids would play. I asked if he would have let his kids play here and his answer was that he truly haven't heard of any kids (other then bc) kids that have said they wouldn't report to any team. He said if the team shows proper interest he would send them wherever they got drafted.
    Jake Kryski, a BC kid, and 1st round selection of the Raiders in 2013 refused to play for the Campese/Clouston circus. He was traded to the Blazers and we got very little in return .... 20 yo goalies don't command 1st round draft picks. I see a lot of players and families, the stench that Campese has created drifts across the prairies, not just BC. We don't hear of players refusing to report to Brandon. And I can't imagine its because they can't wait to embrace the Brandon climate and culture. No ... they know its a good hockey organization.

read again...i said other the bc kids.

Iconcup

read again...i said other the bc kids.
    It's not just BC kids and families that are openly talking about their lack of desire to play in PA and PG. Kids in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta are saying the same thing. I'm not saying all of them, but for sure a significant percentage of them. I see a lot of games and talk to a lot of families, players and friends of players. There is no enthusiasm to play in those aforementioned locations. And these days there are lots of alternatives for players ... plus teams can't afford to hold onto assets that can be translated into something, even if not of similar value. Please note that SC, Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw are all small market teams with long hard winters and they don't elicit the same negative responses as PG and more particularly in recent years PA. It has everything to do with poor management, poor coaching and a culture of losing, largely because of poor communications, lack of hockey knowledge and people skills.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    It's not just BC kids and families that are openly talking about their lack of desire to play in PA and PG. Kids in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta are saying the same thing. I'm not saying all of them, but for sure a significant percentage of them. I see a lot of games and talk to a lot of families, players and friends of players. There is no enthusiasm to play in those aforementioned locations. And these days there are lots of alternatives for players ... plus teams can't afford to hold onto assets that can be translated into something, even if not of similar value. Please note that SC, Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw are all small market teams with long hard winters and they don't elicit the same negative responses as PG and more particularly in recent years PA. It has everything to do with poor management, poor coaching and a culture of losing, largely because of poor communications, lack of hockey knowledge and people skills.
    Ten points out of a playoff spot and its not even into February yet! And a 10-1 pasting from Calgary. Way to go BRUNO!!!!

Worst performance by a Raider team that I have seen in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by puckdad View Post
    Worst performance by a Raider team that I have seen in 30 years.
    Campese's legacy ...............

Who in the hockey world would hire him after his reign in pa ?