Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: 14-15 Roster

Thank you for that Derek. I hope that isn't the case but must assume it is and that the Hurricanes don't feel the need to share information once again. It truly makes no sense to me if they did release him. Unlike yourself, I see him as one of the steadiest defensemen we have seen in awhile. He gets the job done and takes very few penalties. I had been told that Hackman and Foulk were good friends. I can't help but wonder if there is a connection there.

While I don't doubt this to be true given all the healthy scratches lately, it is interesting to note that the time of this post was 7:06. At that time the Hurricanes had barely started their game against Medicine Hat and Hackman was sitting in the red seats below us with the other scratches. If he had been released he likely would not have been there.

Default that might just be it.........

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    Thank you for that Derek. I hope that isn't the case but must assume it is and that the Hurricanes don't feel the need to share information once again. It truly makes no sense to me if they did release him. Unlike yourself, I see him as one of the steadiest defensemen we have seen in awhile. He gets the job done and takes very few penalties. I had been told that Hackman and Foulk were good friends. I can't help but wonder if there is a connection there.
    not taking away that he is to small for the d department but as you said he has always been the steady edy type of player..when anholt came in he said he needs to take a close look at the players he's got, so if lenny is a stand up guy play the hell out the rest of them and see what needs to go before the deadline....imo........ps..love this pank kid......
    Last edited by shushu; 12-31-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Shots on Goal

For the most part I am quite pleased with the changes made to the roster since Anholt has taken over.

One huge area of concern seems like it has always been a problem for this club. The team has allowed 310 SA (44.3 average) since the new year and only taken 184 (26.3) against their competitors. Overall this season, they have given up 1897 (44.1 average). We can boast of a couple of very good goaltenders right now but even the best the league has to offer would be hard-pressed to steal a lot of winners facing that much rubber.

What can the coaching staff possibly do to turn this around even marginally?

For the most part I am quite pleased with the changes made to the roster since Anholt has taken over.

One huge area of concern seems like it has always been a problem for this club. The team has allowed 310 SA (44.3 average) since the new year and only taken 184 (26.3) against their competitors. Overall this season, they have given up 1897 (44.1 average). We can boast of a couple of very good goaltenders right now but even the best the league has to offer would be hard-pressed to steal a lot of winners facing that much rubber.

Insufferably the snooze fest trap

The team has played 115 games since the beginning of last season and they have won but 22 of those games. The BR/DB era was a complete and total waste of these players time and effort! Then they have to endure a complete and total start over again (half way through a season) with the now new GM/coach in which many team mates and friends were either released, traded or sent down to Jr A. The new philosophy, all the new players, new culture, different systems have apparently yet to take hold nor have they produced much in the way of improved results over the BR/DB regime? Guess the pundits will say that it is going to take time? The other thing to consider is that the players that were not fortunate enough to have been moved are likely so sick and tired and utterly discouraged of losing, being beat down and laughed at that it is all they can do to show up at the rink each day let alone trying to find any shred of heart or desire to fight and battle! The shots against are back up to close to 50 per game and the shots fore, seem to be again struggling to get to much more than 20 or so. Effectively, this team has learned nothing but how to loose, it has become a habit that will be hard to break and likely will not be broken during this season or much of next? With just 29 games remaining with virtually no chance of a playoff opportunity again, players really have nothing to play for, especially the 20 yr/old guys. The changes likely place this team more on to a better track but again another direction is being pursued and will take time for changes to be believed in! The GM/coaching change should have been done prior to the start of this current season which would now be producing results...unfortunate, but is what it is!!! Will be extremely difficult to match the 12 wins accomplished last season, as it appears that the players have begun to check out already...

***One other last but not least THOUGHT...THESE PLAYERS ARE JUST KIDS, THEY COME HERE TO PLAY THE GAME THEY LOVE, WE ALL PLAY GAMES TO HAVE FUN, IF THIS NEW GM/COACH CAN FIGURE OUT A WAY FOR THESE BOYS TO HAVE SOME FUN? THAT SINGLE ELEMENT WOULD HAVE AN EPIC EFFECT ON THIS FRANCHISE, BECAUSE FUN HAS BEEN MISSING IN ACTION FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!! MAYBE IT HAS TO BE SOME FUN THAT COMES FROM SOME OFF ICE CREATIVE EVENTS THAT WILL PRODUCE AN EXTRAORDINARY TEAM BONDING/BUILDING EFFECT? IT IS A GAME AND GAMES ARE ABOUT HAVING FUN AND WHEN EVERYONE IS HAVING SOME FUN, THEN EVERYONE WANTS MORE....
    Last edited by sid75; 01-19-2015 at 10:27 PM.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

I think that the small glimmer of hope that this franchise and its fans have right now, is the fact that they will have Jordy Bellerive joining the team next season. He is a player that they can build a team around and have long term success with. Skinner will be a very good WHL goaltender as well. Two very important pieces that, if done correctly, the Hurricanes can build a very good team around for the next 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    I think that the small glimmer of hope that this franchise and its fans have right now, is the fact that they will have Jordy Bellerive joining the team next season..
    I hope your right but I would bet big coin against him coming here next year. He will most likely be in the BCJHL playing for Penticton. I really really hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-22-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I hope your right but I would bet big coin against him coming here next year. He will most likely be in the BCJHL playing for Penticton.
    http://okanaganhockey.com/academy/about/ here is the competition. Bellerive is just down the hall from the Vees. OHA attached to arena where Vees play out of.
    Last edited by blacksheep; 01-20-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    http://okanaganhockey.com/academy/about/ here is the competition. Bellerive is just down the hall from the Vees. OHA attached to arena where Vees play out of.

OHA is not the competition for next year as he's a guarantee to play Jr somewhere. The Vees however are the competition.

Anholt better get moving on this and try to woo him over to the dark side. If he's not already. BCHL teams have their camps in early spring and would likely commit to the new prospects early, that is if they haven't already. I'm sure all teams are drooling over a prospect like JB and likely drooling even more knowing that he's not committed to his draft team.