Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MORRISEY TRADED - FIRST DOMINO HAS FALLEN

I understand what some guys are thinking about moving 20 year olds next season. In some instances we may be able to get a strong return, but a lot of that will depend on their numbers this year as 19 year olds. Their value will be entirely based on this season. The other thing we must consider and factor in is that we still need our allotment of three 20 year olds. Where do we get decent 20 year olds from? Give up draft picks to get them because we've traded ours away? Just saying it's something to think about.

The team wants to develop and prepare their own overage players. We've paid a high price to get 20 year olds because ours weren't up to grade. It seems counter productive to trade our good ones away next season, and then go out and give up picks to get some decent ones back! Rodewald is a pretty decent 20 year old and there are a few more like Zane Jones etc. At this point I would be surprised if anyone paid more than a 4th round pick for any of them. The extra value players like Klimchuk, Morrisey and others have is that there is always a possibility an NHL team could send them back to Jr. It's happened before.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs View Post
    You have to remember that Elmer almost made the team and was reassigned just before the season started.

A link to a printable version of Waywayseecappo's stats is here.
    Thanks for the link to Zimmer I couldn't figure it out for the life of me

As for the Elmer comment yes that did sort of slip my mind that he was 1 of the very last reassignments. Regardless I do hope that he sticks around this time and he has a chance to excel and gain confidence at the major junior level. I still would like to see Berg given a chance too
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

my mistake

Iconchl

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Thanks for the link to Zimmer I couldn't figure it out for the life of me

As for the Elmer comment yes that did sort of slip my mind that he was 1 of the very last reassignments. Regardless I do hope that he sticks around this time and he has a chance to excel and gain confidence at the major junior level. I still would like to see Berg given a chance too
    Elmer isn't sticking around, he is up for experience then back to midget - too inexperienced for now and no room for the ice time he needs. If anyone has a chance of sticking around it could be Krushen as Reagan and Hansen barely see the ice any more.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by crashnbang View Post
    Elmer isn't sticking around, he is up for experience then back to midget - too inexperienced for now and no room for the ice time he needs. If anyone has a chance of sticking around it could be Krushen as Reagan and Hansen barely see the ice any more.
    That very well may be the case with Elmer but all I have ever said is 'I hope he sticks around' not once did I say he is sticking around.

Also your going to be seeing lots of Reagan and Hansen now as we are starting to get injuries. Hilsendager is out with a long term injury and still no return date set for Williams. Krushen will be put into a rotation with Reagan and perhaps Hansen.

Pats have also called up Nathyn Mortlock from Melville.

Iconwhl

That's great we need some more defensive depth with some recent injuries, Mortlach looked very good during a call up last yeary being a year older now will be interesting to see what sort of progression he has had.

Just some food for thought.

It is not the 2015 draft that the Pats need to stock pile more picks. It is the 2016. So that would be trading this year's 18 year olds to a contender. AS we know, our 18 year olds are below average and are not attractive to a contender. So next year all they will have is the younger guys and not much for trade bait.

I think if Klimchuk or Burroughs are dealt, it will be for serviceable 18 year olds and draft picks in the 2016 draft.

On the Pats website Elmer, Krushen, Mortlock all show up on the Pats active roster with numbers assigned. It's interesting they would put them on the roster if they were just short term call ups. With schooling issues it could suggest that they may be here longer.

Witness that's what I've been saying, this years draft is fine. Great move by calling mortlach up I really think he will be a key dman the rest of this year and next.