Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats vs SC home & home

Iconwhl Pats vs SC home & home

Well finally this xmas break is over with after tonight and we can get back to exciting Regina Pats hockey. Lots of questions still to be answered with this team with the trade deadline just around the corner, the roster freeze ends tomorrow at some time will be interesting league wide if any trades were made during the xmas break.

We have struggled with SC all year long as we are 1-3 against them with very little offense to show for it as well. If SC can't beat us both games they will move into a tie with us for 2nd in the division I personally think once SC passes us we won't get it back again as I feel that SC is going to be a buyer here as they have a very strong cast of 20 & 19 year olds to not go for it.

I think these 2 names will play a major factor in how we approach trade deadline.
    these are my opinions like them or hate them I really don't care

newly created blog by yours truly
    http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/

Sweep and were buyers. Can't wait to watch max play against canada today.

IMO we are sellers and the games leading to the deadline will not change that. The team does not have the draft picks to be buyers. The long range plan has not changed. We need one or two 18s and some draft pick recouped. If we buy now we will hurt the next two seasons.

I don't think that we will be full out buyers. I think we might shuffle the deck a little. Might move a key piece to get younger, but I can't see the Pats blowing out their 19 year olds.

I would trade gay he plays too soft, Wagner could move up and we could call up a young guy. Don't have to trade picks to improve. Move Williams for a young dman.

If we're selling I would trade klimchuck, gay, Williams, Reagan and Burroughs. May as well do it right and then we will have a shot against brandon the next 2 years. Red deer would take gay and/or Williams.

Iconwhl

Another 2 goal lead that slipped away elite/top 4 type teams do not let 2 goal leads slip away in 4 or 5 games in a row like we have (I lost count how many games it's at now). Just as Paddock said a long while ago 'we are not a top 4 type team'

I think these string of games now where we have blown a lot of 2 goal leads (yes some of them we have still won) puts things back into perspective for the GM to do the right thing.

I thought Brown played a really good game as did Steel Brooks Reagan to name a few. I'm sure swifty is chomping at the bit to move into a tie with us tomorrow night for 2nd in the division. Let's face it swifty has owned is the past few years and it's no different this year either, these guys will be our 1st round matchup if we hold onto 3rd in the division.

In agree PD114 these last few games reinforce this team is not in the elite bracket, and should solidify the sell decision.
    Big Hat Red Deer will not be buying any 19s or 20s, Sutter is trading for player for the 2016 season, when they host the M Cup, He is not loading up for a run this season.

Red deer hosts next year that's why he needs to upgrade his 20 (19) this year.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Big Hat Red Deer will not be buying any 19s or 20s, Sutter is trading for player for the 2016 season, when they host the M Cup, He is not loading up for a run this season.

To be fair I do think Red Deer will be looking to add (1) 19yr old who will be back next season as a 20yr old. Red Deer may look to improve in he '95 age group for next season but I don't think that means they unload any 95's this season as im sure Sutter will want 4 or 5 20yr olds in camp next season for some healthy competition. Im not saying Sutter views any of our 95's as potential upgrades but then again maybe he does, I think if he had any interest in our 95's who will be back next season it would be in Hunt as he brings a lot more to the table then Gay or Williams or even Wapple.

I just don't see this team being a serious contender even for the 2nd round, yes we have played some good hockey at times this season but we have also looked very avg as well against teams that true top 4 type teams would walk on... IE Saskatoon & Lethbridge in recent weeks. We are good enough to make the playoffs without a Klimchuk and maybe even Burroughs but those are also the type of players that will bring back the needed assets to move forward into being in the same convos with the BRN KEL CGY year in and year out.

Either way looking forward to tomorrow night's home game

Pats dude I have a question for you. Are we the (pats) a team, top 4 teams should beat on a regular basis? I ask because the top teams haven't beat us on a regular basis if at all. So I wonder what your point is about the top teams and who they are? If you don't consider us a top team, then the top teams shouldn't loose to us, but when we loose to lesser teams were not a top team. Hmmm that makes us a ?