Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Anholt Thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    20 wins this year will be a very difficult stretch considering the opponents over the final 19 games, pretty tuff, with maybe the exception of SASK, PA, MJ? This group will need to be much more committed, focused and willing to play two way hockey for a full 60 minutes, if they are to get to 20 wins before the season ends? Consistent play is what is lacking! (characteristic of young teams) The other thing is that with all the player changes made at the mid season point, jell and chemistry have to be a concern, most teams get that out of the way during the first half of the season before Christmas. Staying with a disciplined game plan is so important if teams want to win, they have proven that they can...have to be consistent though...2 or 3 more wins should be considered a success all things considered....

**Play Skinner and forget about the burnout BS, if he wants to play, let him play, were not making the playoffs anyway and it's an awfully long off season, that's my 2 cents!
    Yes, Skinner has been playing great for the most part but Anholt has been around long enough to know you still need to have a tandem and you can't ride the 16 yr old all season. Here in Lethbridge we've seen this before with both Logan Koopmans and Justin Leclerc. Two goalies who looked outstanding in their rookie seasons, yet never really improved after that. What basically happened was Leclerc, after the play off match up vs the Hitmen where he was a beast, was labeles a bust. Can't say if it was burn out, poor development or team team in front of him, likely it was a combination of all three, but he was never able to replicate his play from his 16 yr old season and I believe ended his jr career in Tier 2. Splitting duties with Sittler will not do anything to harm Skinner's long term development and success of the Hurricanes which should be the goal given this season is a write off.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Yes, Skinner has been playing great for the most part but Anholt has been around long enough to know you still need to have a tandem and you can't ride the 16 yr old all season. Here in Lethbridge we've seen this before with both Logan Koopmans and Justin Leclerc. Two goalies who looked outstanding in their rookie seasons, yet never really improved after that. What basically happened was Leclerc, after the play off match up vs the Hitmen where he was a beast, was labeles a bust. Can't say if it was burn out, poor development or team team in front of him, likely it was a combination of all three, but he was never able to replicate his play from his 16 yr old season and I believe ended his jr career in Tier 2. Splitting duties with Sittler will not do anything to harm Skinner's long term development and success of the Hurricanes which should be the goal given this season is a write off.
    Really Derek? Players need to be coached well and they need to play to get better! Coaching is huge! #3 saved Skins ass all night as did #6, finally the forward players got involved in some defence at a marginal level...the coaching message needs to be "good enough is not enough, only your very best will do" cannot give your very best? Have a seat...

***Gotta have the will to win! NHL will deal with nothing less...
    Last edited by sid75; 02-12-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    Really Derek? Players need to be coached well and they need to play to get better! Coaching is huge! #3 saved Skins ass all night as did #6, finally the forward players got involved in some defence at a marginal level...the coaching message needs to be "good enough is not enough, only your very best will do" cannot give your very best? Have a seat...

***Gotta have the will to win! NHL will deal with nothing less...
    I think you've missed my point. We've seen goaltenders burn out in the past, it is not bs as you say. Hopefully Skiner is on another evel then then the guys we've seen before him. I'm not even saying they should split the playing time evenly, but both goalies need to play, maybe Sittler is not the right guy going forward either, but you said yourself that you need to play to get better, that goes for everyone. Skinner's numbers and playing time for a '98 are something no one expected coming into this season and unheard of for a 16 yr old in this league, not that that is a bad thing, but he needed/ needs time off.

Default what a differance one man makes...........

or two for that matter, maxi and anholt have made a huge improvement to this club...keep hearing that the dub is just waiting for the end of the season to announce massive changes to the lethbridge hurricanes....and yes I know this is all speculation so consider this a rhetorical matter............
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Optimism

6 out of 7 wins. That loss to a top ranked team in Canada and a team that has a bone to pick with our club. Something new. Fans leaving the rink smiling. Players excited some actual good words being spoken about the club. This is a good start.

Default Another thought

Anholt is bringing up a few more AP players for tryouts and they are getting playing time Looking like Anholt is test driving players for next year. Makes me wonder if he is planning on staying around in one way or the other, GM or coach

Thumbs up On the Horizon??

Well the club has lost the last three, however we are a much more dedicated and committed club than we were two months ago. The difference is that we a looking at a positive re-build with anticipation of what is to come. At times they show signs of brilliance and other times resort to disorganized confusion of the previous two years. Slowly getting over that.

Of interest there is a bit of controversy in Regina over a new ticket price structure.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...903/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Canefollower View Post
    Anholt is bringing up a few more AP players for tryouts and they are getting playing time Looking like Anholt is test driving players for next year. Makes me wonder if he is planning on staying around in one way or the other, GM or coach
    Well the club needs to see some of these guys play and make some decisions on them. The current prospect group are kids from the Robson era, scouted and drafted buy Robson's guys, many of which are no longer around. Beyond size, there does not seem to be whole lot else, Anholt needs to get a grasp of what he has going forward be it as a GM or Coach/ GM. Maybe once he sees how bare the cupboards are he will pack it in himself. I know that sounds like a huge knock on the club and the propects, but is intended to be at Robson and his scouting staff, many if which departed right around the same time he himself was let go (they are all still listed on the website however).
    Last edited by Derek Sutton; 02-23-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Default that be number 20..........

and we all thought they couldn't do it..well done fella's..........
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    or two for that matter, maxi and anholt have made a huge improvement to this club...keep hearing that the dub is just waiting for the end of the season to announce massive changes to the lethbridge hurricanes....and yes I know this is all speculation so consider this a rhetorical matter............
    Yes those two guys have been great... to have this record after dealing away all but one of the 19 year olds is quite excellent... if Anholt would have coached all season, he'd be a contender for Coach of the Year.

Do you or does anyone else know what these "massive changes" are? There are far less rumours than last spring/summer when very little happened.

I notice Sakamoto has been VERY quiet since he announced he was "lending support" to the team. What are these fundraising and promotional benefits that are now supposed to exist?