Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: deadline deals

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Sundher isn't in the same postal code that Eakin/Schenn were so his price should be a way less than theirs....
    Um, thats why unless it becomes a serious bidding war, the Royals won't get the 5 or more players/prospects/picks that the Eakin/Schenn deals got.

One could put him on the platform of Cunnigham though, and Vancouver got paid very well for Craig last season.

For anyone who thinks that it'll take an non experienced possible prospect and a 7th round Bantam pick to pull Sundher out of town is looking thru a bad pair of rose coloured glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by rednex50 View Post
    Um, thats why unless it becomes a serious bidding war, the Royals won't get the 5 or more players/prospects/picks that the Eakin/Schenn deals got.

One could put him on the platform of Cunnigham though, and Vancouver got paid very well for Craig last season.

For anyone who thinks that it'll take an non experienced possible prospect and a 7th round Bantam pick to pull Sundher out of town is looking thru a bad pair of rose coloured glasses.
    What did van City get for Cunningham?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

A different scenario though. Cunningham was an overage player, which takes their trade value down a notch in most cases due to roster restrictions. A 19 year old, though they won't be returning will have a higher value due to the lack of a roster restriction.

a 2nd 4th & a prospect for a player who some think won't be back more maybe if theres a chance he's back next year.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default 82 shots ....

0 goals . Warriors need to pick up another guy who can score. When the play offs come scorings going to get tough with the number of good good tenders out there. May have to spend some to get one . Bulmer Sundher would be my choices . If by chance Stone Weal Ferland are made available I would spend to get one . It's now or we keep waiting waiting.... C'mon Millar it's time . If Beach keeps taking these dumb ass penalties and 10's you can send him as part of a deal or sit him for a few. Lots of talent not so many brains some nights . Stothers needs to have an old school Flyer style meeting with him lol
    GO WARRIORS GO

I've read as many as 10 teams have expressed interest in Sundher.

Personally, I don't see Weal being available after the Pats have missed the playoffs for 3 straight seasons. The would like to make the playoffs I would think to help keep fans interested. How many seasons can they fail to make playoffs before the fans start to revolt?

The Royals just had Pauls retire on them...so that leaves a team with little experience on the back end...even weaker. It might end up driving the asking price (with the supposed interest in Sundher being fairly high...and likely no Weal on the Market to attract maybe a young Roster D-man (17/18 yrs), your prospect/roster forward (15-17 yrs) and a pick. If you want the premier Centre available, your gonna have to pay. And I believe this will now make the Royals go into full rebuild mode...as they are going no-where fast.

I've read as many as 10 teams have expressed interest in Sundher.

Personally, I don't see Weal being available after the Pats have missed the playoffs for 3 straight seasons. The would like to make the playoffs I would think to help keep fans interested. How many seasons can they fail to make playoffs before the fans start to revolt?

The Royals just had Pauls retire on them...so that leaves a team with little experience on the back end...even weaker. It might end up driving the asking price (with the supposed interest in Sundher being fairly high...and likely no Weal on the Market to attract maybe a young Roster D-man (17/18 yrs), your prospect/roster forward (15-17 yrs) and a pick. If you want the premier Centre available, your gonna have to pay. And I believe this will now make the Royals go into full rebuild mode...as they are going no-where fast.
    Pat fans can't revolt what else is there to do in the winter lol On a serious note if Weals off the table Warriors could add strength to off & def by getting Sundher & Rintoul from Vic . Gwinner ( 17 yr dman) Potomak (16 fwd ) and maybe a 2nd for Sundher and a pick or prospect for Rintoul. We have a pretty deep prospects list so giving up 3 players and a pick or two won't kill us.
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-05-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Pat fans can't revolt what else is there to do in the winter lol On a serious note if Weals off the table Warriors could add strength to off & def by getting Sundher & Rintoul from Vic . Gwinner ( 17 yr dman) Potomak (16 fwd ) and maybe a 2nd for Sundher and a pick or prospect for Rintoul. We have a pretty deep prospects list so giving up 3 players and a pick or two won't kill us.
    To be honest, of all the potential "deals" I've seen as "armchair GM's" or "rumoured" for Sundher, this actually would make sense. Without scouting or knowing those guys, that seems like a pretty decent beginnings of a deal. Rintoul, with his experience and leadership and Sundher with his grit, and talent would be a good package deal for a team looking to kick down the doors for a Memorial Cup berth. Taking 2 roster players, replacing with 2 roster players, and then work out non-roster player(s) and pick(s) to close a deal like this.

However, anyway you look at it, if Habby deals Sundher, then he should shop Soudek, Stahl (depending on his return from IR) and possibly Hamilton because it is going to be a waster of a season, and holding onto a OA Euro, a 19 yr old D man who if healthy, will go pro next season, and a goalie who will be an OA (leaving Crooks, Forsyth and Habby Jr. as incombents for next season).

40 games in, 2 points up, and PG having 2 games in hand, it wouldn't take much for PG to add a little offense and push for a playoff spot and if Habby holds tight again, it'll mean yet another year of wasted assets after the trading deadline has past.

No way in hell are we trading both Sundher AND Rintoul, Rintoul is the Sundher of our d-corps, without him there the Royals defense is the worst ever.

Can the Royals have Morgan Rielly?

But in reality, I would want Travis Brown, high end prospect/draft pick for Sundher. But we all know that won't happen.

We need help on defense bad, really bad.

If you trade Sundher, you might as well clean house, take your licks for the rest of the season and get something to help you out next season and the season beyond.

Rintoul can only help out for 32 more games. The Royals without Sundher have no shot at the playoffs...so give the kids the minutes to mature and develop, and anyone who will not be around next season, move them to the highest bidder and re-stock with prospects and picks.

Last season was the season that Habby should have made a push with, Howse, Gore, Manning, Horak, Gogal and Einhorn all left after the season, without as much as a single "buy" at the trading deadline and trading Topping and McKinlay in the offseason.

It is time to fix what May and Habby have failed to do so far, use todays assets to better the team for next season and the season after.

Those are still my boys. The WHL, and Porter may have ripped them out of this city, but I still watch, cheer for their achievements, and wish this past season was nothing but a nightmare. But it is time for Habby to make them the Royals, and no longer the "former Bruins". Maybe the trading of Sundher will allow me to finally say my final farewell, and allow the Royals to be the Royals.