Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1091

Thread: 13-14 Roster

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Giorgio Estephan with 16 points in his past 11 games!
    Well done, young man.
    Is there actually some light at the end of the tunnel? Giorgio, Stuart, and Jordy. Maybe, just maybe.
    No reason Jordy shouldn’t sign with the change of staff that doesn’t stifle offence. I also would add E. King to that list.
    Hope scouts can look past Giorgio’s past production and evaluate from the coaching change on.

Default white and burke also..........

Giorgio Estephan with 16 points in his past 11 games!
    Well done, young man.
    Is there actually some light at the end of the tunnel? Giorgio, Stuart, and Jordy. Maybe, just maybe.
    depending on how our new pickup pan out, if Jordy does sign all it would take is adding a good 20 forward next year and this team could be a middle of the pack sort of thing,i don't see any reason to mess with the blueline next year..allan from smallthoughtatlarge says Wesley has scored everywhere he has played so who knows...even the euro draft if smart bring back paval and do what the hat did bring in a older euro that can help now....
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Bellerive

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    No reason Jordy shouldn’t sign with the change of staff that doesn’t stifle offence. I also would add E. King to that list.
    Hope scouts can look past Giorgio’s past production and evaluate from the coaching change on.
    It would seem Bellerive is the real deal and then some. His team just took part in the Kelowna International Elite Midget Tournament which involved 12 teams. As a 15 yr old in this tournament, which features a lot of 16 and 17 year olds, JORDY WAS THE LEADING GOAL SCORER with 8 goals. For comparison, the next 2 highest goal scorers only had 5 and 6 goals. No one else had more than 4. Another way to look at is he scored twice as many goals as everyone else in the tournament, except those 2 other players. Bellerive finished tied for 5th overall in scoring with Tak Anholt of all people.

Those are some pretty damn good numbers for Bellerive. How are the Canes going to get this kid's name on a contract?

To make it even sweeter, the Lethbridge Hurricane AAA Midgets won the tournament in a fairly big upset. Pretty awesome for those kids.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Congratulations to the AAA Lethbridge Midgets. Could things really be turning around in this city? It's been some pretty lean years at all levels of hockey. University, Major Junior, Midgets, and Bantams.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Congratulations to the AAA Lethbridge Midgets. Could things really be turning around in this city? It's been some pretty lean years at all levels of hockey. University, Major Junior, Midgets, and Bantams.
    Yah they beat POE, OHA and Yale, all big money Hockey Academy schools, and the Saskatoon Contacts. They also played with a really short bench as they had 5 scratches due to injury in the semi final and final. Anholt was a non factor in the final (he did score in the shoot out though) not bad for having only one WHL listed player on the whole team.

Default Listed player(s)

which one are you referring to as a listed player? They basically rolled with 4 dmen who played a ton, and shut down all of the "high offence" academy schools, along with some great tending. As they were missing 6 regulars, and had 1 affiliate player with them. Losing game 1 in a shootout, and winning the last two in a shoot out 1-0 and 2-1. Game 2 was a bit of a blow out 5-1. Were considered to be a non-factor my most at the tourney going in, but proved to be a tough opponent. Congrats to them. They also had a decent showing at the Mac's earlier, with a 2-2 record, 1 loss to the eventual tournament winner in PG. A real under-rated, fun team to watch, if you haven't yet, take one of their games.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    which one are you referring to as a listed player? They basically rolled with 4 dmen who played a ton, and shut down all of the "high offence" academy schools, along with some great tending. As they were missing 6 regulars, and had 1 affiliate player with them. Losing game 1 in a shootout, and winning the last two in a shoot out 1-0 and 2-1. Game 2 was a bit of a blow out 5-1. Were considered to be a non-factor my most at the tourney going in, but proved to be a tough opponent. Congrats to them. They also had a decent showing at the Mac's earlier, with a 2-2 record, 1 loss to the eventual tournament winner in PG. A real under-rated, fun team to watch, if you haven't yet, take one of their games.
    I'm pretty sure Miller is the only kid on the midgets on a WHL protected list. You gotta think teams have to be looking at Newman as well, they could very well be the top pairing in Alberta and shut down some pretty high end scorers in Kelowna.
    Last edited by Derek Sutton; 01-14-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    I'm pretty sure Miller is the only kid on the midgets on a WHL protected list. You gotta think teams have to be looking at Newman as well, they could very well be the top pairing in Alberta and shut down some pretty high end scorers in Kelowna.
    He is for sure, but I think Brewin might be listed by the Oilkings, I could be wrong, but he did fill in for them as a back up last year when they came to town. Weersink also backed up the Canes when Skinner was at U-17. After Mac's a few of them were listed by MJHL and SJHL teams as well. Kostalanski (sp) was drafted a couple years back, but I don;t think he is listed with anyone currently. That will should change based on how things play out for the rest of their season. Would be nice to see some of these hard working kids play their way onto a team somewhere.
    vc124

An excellent run by the Lethbridge boys. I'm sure there are a few spots available on this team based on the number of prospects that have not yet signed?! Wonder how long it will be until we get an answer on what Bellerive will be doing next year. He will be playing jr somewhere, whether it be Major Jr or Jr A in BC. Any news on the board meeting that is supposed to happen early this year????

I was at the game between the Canes and Rebels and although I'm a Rebels fan , I have to say that Lethbridge played a great game. It was a hard fought battle and there seems to be energy and enthusiasm on the bench. As a jr hockey fan , that is good to see , especially after the tough time this team has been through. Anholt is the right guy at the right time to turn things around for this club and if this continues there is no reason for prospects not to sign.