Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Step by step

Calgary is big and some like Cheek, very full of himself. Great to get two wins in a row against them. Some nice crowds out lately, great to see.

Having lost one of our best defence man (Faith) to season ending surgery management has gone out and got a good 18 year old replacement from Spokane. You have to hand it to them as they are giving this year's team every chance to make a go of it.

Wow, what faith in the team, giving up draft picks for a high end 20 year old forward. We now have holes in the next three bantam drafts but if the Eakin trade shows anything, you need to go with your gut when you think you have a good team.

Love the team chemistry that seems to be building. They are playing for each other and goaltending has the chance to make a statement with his continued strong play.

PA was a team they knew they should beat and were confident in their play. A good test in Calgary tonight who can play well but will just as soon goon you if they feel it will be more effective. Last time in our barn Jon Martin put them in their place, hope it happens again.

Our thoughts and best wishes go out to you Tim, get well soon.

Great job by the Ice in closing out the Hitmen series, enjoy this ride while it lasts. Great tribute to Tim in the last game, just outstanding that the Ice could close the great night with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer View Post
    Great job by the Ice in closing out the Hitmen series, enjoy this ride while it lasts. Great tribute to Tim in the last game, just outstanding that the Ice could close the great night with a win.
    good to hear he's going to be ok . Descheneau was lights out in that series.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Two huge home wins puts the Ice in a great position heading back to Medicine Hat. Couldn't have had more pressure than going home for the two games, knowing that the real work had been accomplished in the Hat in taking home ice advantage. To keep home ice advantage was where the pressure was placed on the Ice, then to go down 4 - 1 in the second period of last nights game, and to come back in a tremendous third period output, demands character.

It also will give them the elusive playoff confidence of being in games even when you are down. Just a terrific showing by the underdog Ice. Now the difficult task of finishing off a team in their house would help set the stage for helping make this a significant playoff run.

Go Ice!

Well that didn't work out too well. Back to back losses, although the latter was as close as the Hat could let it become a game ending series. I thought victory was in hand given the late 3rd period tying goal. With all the momentum, the Ice had, they quickly faltered with numerous odd man rushes given up, and finally the last minute goal to seal their fate on this evening.

You have to believe that game seven is going to be the real deal, with both teams deserving of a game seven. Go Ice Go!

Can't speak for the entire city,but pretending I could, I would think it would sound like this...."from all of us in Swift Current, we'd like to say go Ice go!!" Just saw Bob ridley's tweet. It said something like "idiot Ice fans egged the Tigers bus". To that end, I speak for myself in saying "wish I woulda thought of that when we played them!! Very nice work Kootnay!! Hope you bring at least a dozen or so eggs for their rink tonight!!!! BAhahaha!! Beautiful!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions