Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: View of the Tigers from the opposition

Default View of the Tigers from the opposition

First of all, I think Bunz is likely the best goalie i've seen this season. Remarkable progression from the rookie who looked so bad against the WK's in the mem Cup year. Med hat have a recent history of bringing along young goalies who don't look great initially but turn out well (matt Keetley anyone?)
    Very fast team, but maybe too much of a 1 line team to go deep in the playoffs? That's not a criticism of the topline, who are probably the best line in the dub so far, but more production from the other lines would be very helpful hey? Your top line accounts for 57% of your goals, Bdn's is 46%.
    Having said that, the other 3 lines do play an honest game.
    I think the weakness maybe your d-men, as a group they appear average to above average.
    I haven't seen Kootney yet, but so far, from the teams i've seen i have the Tigers as the top team, just ahead of Moose jaw. And unfortunately, a level above my WK's at the moment.
    Anyway, your team is a fun team to watch.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Outside of Bunz, Tigers A One Trick Pony

Bunz is their defence. Etem is their offense. While Etem is gone, see for yourself how high powered that No. 1 line becomes. You guys better hope Etem doesn't come back from World Juniors with an injury. Or your season may be done before you know it. I saw Bunz play as a 16 yr old rookie behind Ryan Holfield. He was light years ahead of Holfield even then. Personally I think Etem's a hot dog, but he is carrying the rest of the team offensively. It'll be interesting to see what moves everyone makes on or before the deadline.

Default Are the Tigers in the.......

market for anything at the deadline?

Default minor tweaking

don't look for the Tigers to make an eakin/scheen type deal. our GM has stated he is looking to add a top 9 depth forward kind of player to take the pressure off our dynamic duo.

Deleted anything that was just whining/complaining. I dont follow other forums but anything hockey related I kept.

Tigers will be looking to add.

Historically speaking in the last ten years they've never sold the farm for upgrades, although if their is a year to change that, this year might be a good one, because Etem, and Bunz,bettauer,grbavac,konan,theriau are likely gone next year, and the Tigers have some 93's that next year are 19 and could possibly bring good returns from trade if they have a down year. But historically speaking they aren't ones to make a big splash.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
    Etem, and Bunz,bettauer,grbavac,konan,theriau are likely gone next year.
    Etem, Bunz are quite likely gone, Bettauer, Grbavac and Konan are gone for sure. Without Bunz and Etem, the Tigers return 3 overage players next season based on their current roster, why do you think Theriau is gone?

Next year he is a Drafted overager, with a chance at turning pro.

Him coming back isn't a guarentee. Its still possible he gets sent back, heard a rumour of a potential off-season surgery, but i still think you gotta budget next season without him. If he comes back its a bonus. Depends what the stars want to do with him.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
    Next year he is a Drafted overager, with a chance at turning pro.
    I had no idea he was even drafted. He has the outward appearance of being lost amongst a lot of talent on the blueline on that team. The Rebels haven't scored a lot of goals against the Tigers the last few seasons, but when they do, it always seems to be as a result of some sort of mistake that Theriau makes. I always assumed that he was just a depth player.

Default Etem

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I had no idea he was even drafted. He has the outward appearance of being lost amongst a lot of talent on the blueline on that team. The Rebels haven't scored a lot of goals against the Tigers the last few seasons, but when they do, it always seems to be as a result of some sort of mistake that Theriau makes. I always assumed that he was just a depth player.
    So, there's a poster claiming that Emerson Etem has "quietly" asked for a trade. Any truth to this, or is this more rumour dribble?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    So, there's a poster claiming that Emerson Etem has "quietly" asked for a trade. Any truth to this, or is this more rumour dribble?
    I think whlking picks up the rumours and speculation and tries to put things together, he may even have a source or two that feeds him this stuff, but his track record for actual trades is kinda poor.

Their was an unreliable rumour a month ago involving etem and trade in the same sentance so he probably picked up on that.

but the only thing I've heard regarding trade talks from the Tigers is the news article from victoria that mentioned all those teams inquiring about sundher from victoria, so we'll wait and see.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS