Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 off season

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I would think the OA would be between Reinhardt, McCallum, Burzan, Perpeluk, Pierce and Sekundiak with the first 3 winning out unless the team needs the sandpaper that Perpeluk brings in which case McCalkum goes unless Burzan is not back.Not urgent to get OA d-man unless Schneider does not return which is very unlikely.
    I think its Burzan and Reinhardt as the obvious picks if they are available for the dub, and I could easily be tempted to keep Perpeluk to ride shotgun for Danielson
    Dmen, I could see Thiessen and Lambos leaving. hopefully the Ice would give Bdn a pick for Lambos
    Schneider Selame
    Nychuck Iorio
    Busygin Hammett
    Zayat
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I think its Burzan and Reinhardt as the obvious picks if they are available for the dub, and I could easily be tempted to keep Perpeluk to ride shotgun for Danielson
    Dmen, I could see Thiessen and Lambos leaving. hopefully the Ice would give Bdn a pick for Lambos
    Schneider Selame
    Nychuck Iorio
    Busygin Hammett
    Zayat
    I think Hoffrogge slots in ahead of Zayat at this point.

I agree they have to move one or two D bodies early this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CrushKillDestroy View Post
    I think Hoffrogge slots in ahead of Zayat at this point.

I agree they have to move one or two D bodies early this season.
    Zayat is the one on the bubble for sure, I just didn't see Hoffrogge after the pre season game in Portage against the Ice. I think Hammett was a clear way ahead of Hoffrogge and Zayat after pre season camp.
    It's a great point earler in the thread that these 3 first round picks in 2021 become a bit more of a gamble if less bantam aged hockey is played this winter, scouts need to be on their game!!!!
    Here's a worst case question, if there is no WHL hockey this season, does draft pick order revert to this past seasons finishing order? In that case, Bdn has 3 picks in the first 13......2 (MJ), 10 (Vic) and 13 (their own)
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Well I think any moves right now you will get low balled due to COVID. Neither of the two mentioned will garner much of a return either way. But less with the unknown of a season or not. Plain and simple.. no fans no hockey.

Who knows how they will deal with draft pick should their be no hockey. But if AAA/AA hockey is played provincially even with no fans, there will for sure be a draft. Otherwise it would be nice to push things back a year. I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Well I think any moves right now you will get low balled due to COVID. Neither of the two mentioned will garner much of a return either way. But less with the unknown of a season or not. Plain and simple.. no fans no hockey.

Who knows how they will deal with draft pick should their be no hockey. But if AAA/AA hockey is played provincially even with no fans, there will for sure be a draft. Otherwise it would be nice to push things back a year. I hope!
    Maybe this is the opportunity to move from a 14 year to a 15 year old draft?

AAA camps and tryouts are starting soon in Manitoba so I expect them to play hockey as normal

We would have been watching the WK's training camp this past weekend, boo to that not happening!
    I see Fredricksons performance center had 2 possible covid exposures, lets hope no WK are part of that, or maybe its best if they get it now, before a possible season starts!!

i'm having a hard time believing we will have a season at all. The clock is ticking and i'm sure by the end of this month we will know whether December will actually go forward. Although we are back few numbers indoors and outdoors the league will have a deadline date to cancel he season. The states are improving a bit with WK country doing the opposite. We need the north south borders to open up and indoor numbers HAVE to be half capacity to financially allow a season.

The chances of Ritchie trading Mccallum and keeping perepeluk gotta be slim to none. If Mccallum wasnít from Brandon it would be possible, but him being a local boy changes a lot, factoring in with Mccallum potentially putting up 30+ goals next season. I agree they could use the sandpaper but I think itís a long shot they go that route.

Anyone else hear the rumours that crim has officially sold the team to the jacobsens? Im guessing we hear confirmation after the NHL playoffs ends.

Also I think it would be a disaster for the league to miss out on another season. I know Robison said they need 50% capacity to operate, but i think thatís how itís gonna have to be for the first few months of the season. The COVID-19 vaccine is (according to CBC) on pace to be approved and available to the public January 2021. Once a vaccine is available that will change everything will it not?

Not sure why KM would sell the team? It's a fall back for him if his NHL career goes south. He has a very good guy running the team in Ritchie so his investment is in good hands. As well the team has drafted very well the past two seasons and has 3 more 1st rounders this year. So the future looks very good.