PDA

View Full Version : Raider season UPS and Downs, last game comments

Pages : [1] 2

shop2
09-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Sept 29 Edmonton loss 3 1
Horrid game for the Raiders looked like Bruno has these kids choking thier stick. Bouris did his job well after such a poor start but it looks like Bruno on the bench is absolutely has pressured these kids for a win that they cant function on the ice. Maybe time for him to GM, or become the eyes in the crowd for a while and turn the bench duties to Young for a while. Power play awful and lacks any creativity. I think Bruno is becoming the reason for the unprepared team in another loss

chalk_one_up
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
What is the severity of Jordan Rowley's wrist injury? I know he went home to have an MRI, but does anyone know if he'll be out for a significant amount of time?

Sabes
10-01-2010, 08:51 AM
What is the severity of Jordan Rowley's wrist injury? I know he went home to have an MRI, but does anyone know if he'll be out for a significant amount of time?

I hope not because Bettauer on the 1st PP Unit is :o

In The Crease
10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
What Power Play -

Green team
10-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Was any body at the game in speedy creek last night? Nice win for the boys or first 50 min. Good to hear the vets are finding the back of the net. Was there just the one fight?

WestLEAFfan
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Using the words of Drew Wilson...."Holy Hannah!" I listened to the game online and it sounded if PA had a very strong game for 50 minutes and SC had the game the Raiders did vs Edmonton on Wednesday night. Maybe running stairs in the AH Center did some good?!? :)

Allin44
10-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Didn't watch the game tonight, just listened. Sounds like you guys had a hard working win, which much like us this year, is what is going to need to happen to win games on a regular basis.

Stanfordfan
10-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I thought Boes was outstanding tonight for the Wheatkings. He wasent kicking out any rebounds . Other then that Glennie had some chances but nothing serious. For the Raiders almost the whole team came to play and played a full 60 mins. Tucker played a solid game . I am not a fan of Hrynyk sitting as much as he has but I think Yaworski has played well enough to dress everynight . btw Herrod got robbed a star tonight because they wanted to boost Tuckers confidence imo

Tucker had a great game. I don't think him getting a star was about boosting his confidence. They only hand out 3 stars and quite often you have more players that deserved them than what they could hand out. Don't take away from Tucks as he worked very hard out there tonight as did Herrod and Svendson.

Dwight Schrute
10-03-2010, 01:29 PM
anytime we can beat or shut out brandon its a good night. :clap:

Raider Believer
10-03-2010, 07:22 PM
anytime we can beat or shut out brandon its a good night. :clap:

Can't figure out for the life of me why Herrod didn't get drafted this summer. That being said, Svendson is turning out to be a real steal for Bruno and is gaining more and more confidence every game. And like I said, Williams is a good 'un and seems to be pushing Tucker and bringing out the best in him. Its an even better day when we beat the Blades, I'm starting to dislike them more than Brandon who I think are headed for a tailspin (I hope).

Raider Believer
10-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Well its safe to say the Raiders are on on the way up and playing good hockey. Maylan, Parker and Revenko really got things going tonight and if they continue playing this well the Raiders will be a dangerous team with 2 very good scoring lines and a 3rd that can do it all as well. Bad news is Rowley is out indefinitly. He had a big cast on today and word is its a broken wrist. Hrynyk hurt his shoulder tonight but I havent heard of how severe the injury is. We can all be thankfull of the depth on the backend now. It will be interesting to see if Danyluk plays in his home province on the B.C road trip....something MAckenzie should have been looking forward to.

Amen to the depth on the backline. It will be cool if we come out of the road trip .500 ..... it won't be easy, there's no soft touches.

Stanfordfan
10-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Heard Hrynuk has a separated shoulder

Raider Believer
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Tucker & Williams are probably the best goaltending tandem in the WHL. Out shot again tonight 49 -31 and Tucker kept it razor close and got them a point. To me (IMO) the team is taking too many little chippy penalties, and no I don't believe the refs have it in for us ... we have just been undisciplined. McNeill is having a monster start to the season and making everyone forget that Harrison headed down the road. Bruno is going to the well too often with his top guys, they're bagged by mid third period.

RWiggum
10-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Going to the well too often and bagging out top players is a Bruno trademark. This team will not be a playoff team until Bruno realizes he needs at least three lines going.

Dwight Schrute
10-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Bruno is going to the well too often with his top guys, they're bagged by mid third period.

this has been a theme each year.

Raider Believer
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Amazing how much better we do when we aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties. Good game, good result in Chill-town.

westbeach55
10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
the only thing i can think is not wrecking chemistry of set lines which seem to be rolling pretty good and as far as a point streak the team and winning is first over any personal accomplishments its tough were up 2-0 and now down 4-2 on a long and gruelling trip maybe rj reed is the answer to get into the lineup for balson

Dwight Schrute
10-16-2010, 11:06 AM
the team and winning is more important than personal accomplishments ? I said Balson is a anchor on the first line , and how the first line plays is probably going to have alot to do with if the team wins right? Look at tonight no first line cuz they "grit "it up and u can see the outcome.

k so he does still have the immunity idol

Raider Believer
10-30-2010, 02:14 PM
If Bruno cuts Paslawski and keeps Balson I will be disgusted. The fact that he had Balson playing 1st line has me questioning what he has seen in Brock that nobody else has.

And Bruno's romance continues ..... and we are winless in SIX! At some point, we have to start winning these close ones. Our first two lines need to play fresher. Its called asset management. And by Christmas we'll need our bottom six to be playing some significant minutes ..... but I don't see it happening.

WestLEAFfan
10-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Well the Raiders were loosing by 3 goals all game and the coaching staff still didnt let Reed , Danyluk and Berry play. Winther didnt even get much time. This is getting stupid. Changes need to be made. (And not on the ice)

You should pose this question on Monday night during face-off. We'll see how Bruno and Drew tap dance around the answer. Same old song and dance is getting old...in a hurry.

Raider Believer
10-31-2010, 12:52 AM
We all know how it would get answered.... It wouldnt . Listening to the pregame show and Bruno brags about how much better these young players are getting with the added ice time they are getting. Problem is they arent playing. Theres no reason why they dont make 3 good lines and have Winther on a line with say Connor and Maylan. and have Fiddler on a say the 2nd line with Parker and Revenko.

And we wonder why players are asking for trades and releases. This doesn't bode well for the future. These young players talk. The world has changed. There is facebook and all kinds of other instant messaging and texting. The hockey world among the players is a small place. They all know each other.

Dwight Schrute
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM
And we wonder why players are asking for trades and releases. This doesn't bode well for the future. These young players talk. The world has changed. There is facebook and all kinds of other instant messaging and texting. The hockey world among the players is a small place. They all know each other.

thats why basara didnt bother. and that the raiders cant draft the best player available, they have to pick the best player who might report. has sutton signed ? cause after a year at wilcox i doubt hes still going to want to bother with pa.

Sabes
10-31-2010, 01:06 PM
McNeill is named in the Players To Watch from the WHL by Central Scouting.

Dwight Schrute
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM
I think since mcneills draft year the raiders have done well at the draft .

while i agree mcneil is a stud and ruopp has been great. its too early to judge the 08, 09, and 10 drafts. you gotta wait till the players hit 18-19 to really see their impact.

Raider Believer
11-01-2010, 12:32 AM
while i agree mcneil is a stud and ruopp has been great. its too early to judge the 08, 09, and 10 drafts. you gotta wait till the players hit 18-19 to really see their impact.

I couldn't agree more Dwight. Actually its a little unnerving to see how often I agree with you. We must be drinking hot chocolate in the same rinks.
I don't share raiderfan15's unbridled enthusiasm for our draft record since 2008. True McNeill has been a solid pick at 5th overall in 2008. But we also passed on players like Ryan Murray, Shane McColgan & Reece Scarlett. In 2008's 2nd round we hit gold with Ruopp but didn't do so well with Beau Stewart, and in the 3rd round completely bombed with Formosa and IMO Balson, that was also the year that Persley was drafted and refused to report. The 2009 draft is still too young to fairly evaluate, but it is fair to say that if they don't get ice time won't develop and may be looking for a way out of town over the summer. The bottom line is results. As of this evening, our Raiders are tied for 8th place (last playoff position) but our competition has games in hand. Not a good position for a team who is missing a couple of key defensemen who aren't expected back real soon. Don't like to be an alarmist, but this season could be toast before Christmas. I think Bruno needs to reshuffle the deck if he wants to be here as coach next August. We can't go through the season with 2 1/2 lines and 5 dmen, nor can we continue to have players like Harrison wanting out and find ourselves continually rebuilding.

jnofish1
11-01-2010, 12:01 PM
couldnt agree more raider believer!! the rookies are all about confidence and with out ice time to build that confidence one may not see their full potential.good to see fiddler got up on pp. and look at the outcome.then of course theres a few that had to much of a chance imo and blow this comment to ****.:

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
anybody else think we should try to grab linden saip from kamloops ? he just quit, says he wants a fresh start elsewhere
could really help fill in

lostsheep
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
might help the grit issues 116pm's last year, and the point totals have been going in the right direction year after year. but what would it cost?
________
Gamestop Gift Card (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/gamestop-gift-card/)

Raider Believer
11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
might help the grit issues 116pm's last year, and the point totals have been going in the right direction year after year. but what would it cost?

Maybe Balson & a 5th rounder. Afterall he is from Kamloops.
Although I would find it ironic in a macabre kind of way to be trading for someone who got healthy scratched, and then shortly thereafter asked for a release or trade. LOL

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Although I would find it ironic in a macabre kind of way to be trading for someone who got healthy scratched, and then shortly thereafter asked for a release or trade. LOL
similiar to what bruno did when he got tucker ?

maybe a 5th round pick

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2010/11/linden-saip-by-gregg-drinnan-daily-news.html

Monday, November 1, 2010
Saip leaves Blazers, goes home
LINDEN SAIP
By GREGG DRINNAN
Daily News Sports Editor
When the Kamloops Blazers met the Oil Kings in Edmonton on Oct. 22, defenceman Linden Saip was a healthy scratch.
It turns out that was the beginning of the end of the 19-year-old defenceman’s days with the Blazers.
Saip walked into general manager Craig Bonner’s office on Monday morning and quit the WHL team.
“I just feel it’s time to move on,” Saip said. “I just kind of feel my role here is diminishing. I talked it over with family and it seems it’s the right thing to do right now.”
Bonner said: “He came in (Monday) morning and said he wasn’t having fun anymore and wanted to be released from the team or quit the team or whatever word you want to use. He said he wasn’t having fun anymore and that’s about all.”
Asked how long he had been thinking about it, Saip replied: “The last road trip . . . two or three weeks.”
Saip, who played 142 regular-season games with the Blazers, admitted that being a healthy scratch bothered him. But, he added, “Things change.”
“There was a lot of fun here,” he said. “I respect everybody here. I respect the coaches and the whole organization but I feel for me it’s the best thing to do and have a fresh start somewhere else.”
Bonner admitted that he has noticed a change in Saip over the last “three weeks.”
“I’ve seen a little bit . . . just in his play and his demeanour around the rink,” Bonner explained.
After Saip sat out the game in Edmonton, he was back in the lineup the next night against the Hitmen in Calgary.
“In the game in Calgary,” Bonner said, “I didn’t think he bounced back like a guy who really . . . whether you’re mad about sitting out or want to get back in the good books, he didn’t respond as well as I thought he might.”
After being scratched in Edmonton, Saip played in all three Kamloops games. He had an assist and was plus-1 in a 3-2 victory over the Hitmen. He added another assist in a 6-4 loss to the visiting Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday. On Saturday, he was pointless and minus-1 as the Blazers scored a 3-2 overtime victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds.
This season, he had seven points, including three goals, and 28 penalty minutes in 13 games. He was minus-5. He missed two games with a WHL suspension for a hit on Everett Silvertips forward Clayton Cumiskey in a 4-2 loss on Oct. 1.
Saip was named after former Vancouver Canucks captain Trevor Linden. Saip also is a nephew of Dale Saip, who is the Vancouver Giants’ vice-president of business development.
Bonner got Linden Saip from the Giants on May 2, 2008, for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 bantam draft. This was Bonner’s first trade as the Blazers’ GM.
Saip had been an eighth round pick by Vancouver in the 2006 bantam draft. He had 53 points, 18 of them goals, during his stay with the Blazers.
“It’s hard to leave the guys,” Saip said. “It’s such a great group of guys. But . . . I have to do what’s best for me in the situation and just talking it over we’ve come to the conclusion that this is what’s best.”
He will spend the next few days at home as he waits to see what might happen.
“I’ve talked to Craig,” Saip said. “Me and him know what’s best for me right now. I’m sure he’ll make a good decision as to what happens.”
Only time will tell whether Saip will find another WHL home.
“You never like it when a guy comes in and wants to leave the team,” Bonner stated, “but that’s his decision and he’ll have to live with it.”
Saip’s departure leaves the Blazers with 23 players on their roster, including two goaltenders and seven defencemen. The latter figure includes Josh Caron (broken collarbone), who perhaps is three weeks away from a return.
“We’re not in a panic,” Bonner said. “We’ll have to battle through until we get Josh back and then we’ll re-evaluate. But we’re not in a panic to bring in a defenceman now.
“From my side of things, I’m happy that Brady Gaudet is going to get in more now. He needs to. He needs to get playing.”
Gaudet, 16, was the Blazers’ first-round pick in the 2009 bantam draft. He has been a healthy scratch for four of the last five games and has dressed for only six of the club’s first 16 games.

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2010, 03:50 PM

come on you know better

Dwight Schrute
11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Haha if Bruno was going to trade Balson for him he would want at least a 3rd comming back no doubt about it.

you kidding with the gritty goal scoring and size he provides, balsons worth a prize prospect, first round pick and a roster player

jnofish1
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
i think we have enough respect in the grit department.imho!! i think we need a few more speed demons on the for-check/backcheck to get a few pucks coughed up our way!! its not like we are getting blown out of the water in the losing department!!! and ya theres always that one guy who blows my grit comment to hell. ::p

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Whatever we can go get all the speed we want. But your not going to get much faster then Danyluk but he doesnt see the ice , but what do you expect he was only the best player on the team in preseason and training camp
i want a paternity test done on bruno and balson lol

but all kidding aside its pretty crummy the kids get no ice.

NonRaiderFan
11-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I've been reading this site for about a year now and feel I have to jump in. I chose the name nonraiderfan because of all the so called raider fans on this site. Most of the posts by a few of you are almost always negative ones and even go as far as to trash a play by play and the color guys.

The raiders this year have played 17 games to date and 5 of them have not been the greatest and I'm sure the players and coaches would be the first to admit it. The remaining games have all been great 1 goal games and 4 have been lost in OT or the shootout. All this has been done while Rowley has been out and more recently Hrynyk and Deck. I think everyone need to cut these guys some slack, for the players it is all about confidence and by reading the posts I'm not sure how any of the players have any. These are kids and I'm not sure if any of you have them but I'm sure you do not talk to them like you talk about the players.

Raider Believer
11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I've been reading this site for about a year now and feel I have to jump in. I chose the name nonraiderfan because of all the so called raider fans on this site. Most of the posts by a few of you are almost always negative ones and even go as far as to trash a play by play and the color guys.

The raiders this year have played 17 games to date and 5 of them have not been the greatest and I'm sure the players and coaches would be the first to admit it. The remaining games have all been great 1 goal games and 4 have been lost in OT or the shootout. All this has been done while Rowley has been out and more recently Hrynyk and Deck. I think everyone need to cut these guys some slack, for the players it is all about confidence and by reading the posts I'm not sure how any of the players have any. These are kids and I'm not sure if any of you have them but I'm sure you do not talk to them like you talk about the players.

You obviously have some deficits when it comes to reading comprehension NonRaiderFan. Over the course of the past year, most of us have been very balanced in our comments. But the facts are what they are in recent weeks, and conclusions are drawn based on results and observations. Funny about your name, your message and writing style is eerily similar to another member. As for the players losing confidence because of this forum, you must be joking. You obviously, but not surprisingly, have absolutely no clue about the culture of hockey or what makes the players tick. And lastly, this is a hockey forum, not always the gentlest place but definitely not the reason so many PA players in the past year have asked for a bus ticket out of town! In the real hockey world, forums and blogs don't have much of an impact on the performance levels of players, coaches or even color commentators. But if you don't believe me, I would suggest that you join the Scouting News membership. For $99.00 you can write some very flattering 'scouting reports' on your favorite coaches, players and play-by-play announcers, I'm sure this will give them so much confidence that we are sure to have a long and successful run in the playoffs!

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
well i think you two summed that up well

jnofish1
11-03-2010, 11:56 AM
criticism is good!!! helps one to excel!!! keep it up!!! also agree on the danyluk issue fast guys like that need to see alot more ice!!! i hope one doesnt think non raider fan was me!!!!! i did mention the confidence issue.but i can sure dish out criticism!!!! like i said it helps one to excel.and hell if a player reads this and lets it get to him then he shouldnt be playing cuz their is alot more and worse said on ice!!!

NonRaiderFan
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
LMAO it kinda sucks to be challenged, questioned and criticized.

raider believer lets look at the team in the last week
loss to MH not a good game and everyone admits it. broncos OTL, SC OTL and MJ loss again not a good game but did have some bright spots. All this done while missing Rowley & Deck.

raiderfan15

I have not been sitting in the stands for the last 7 years but have watched all the games last year and this year.

Sorry guys but if PA is ever get back to where they were they will have to do it through the draft and that takes time. I would suggest that if this is so painful for you guys to watch maybe you shouldn't. The fact is these players give all they can each game.

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
LMAO it kinda sucks to be challenged, questioned and criticized.

raider believer lets look at the team in the last week
loss to MH not a good game and everyone admits it. broncos OTL, SC OTL and MJ loss again not a good game but did have some bright spots. All this done while missing Rowley & Deck.

raiderfan15

I have not been sitting in the stands for the last 7 years but have watched all the games last year and this year.

Sorry guys but if PA is ever get back to where they were they will have to do it through the draft and that takes time. I would suggest that if this is so painful for you guys to watch maybe you shouldn't. The fact is these players give all they can each game.
sorry but after 12 years of hearing this line it loses all meaning. wait till you hit year 5 or 7 or 12, before you get critical. thepeople here are the first to say good things, or point out the positives.

tell me this, what has balson done or shown to deserve being in the line up , let alone filling in on the top line, and pp time. then you see a kid like gaspar or paslawski work his bag off and look good. tell me why you think he should be there. its pretty obvious when some kids arent giving it their all or when they arent allowed to (cuz bruno plays 2 lines and 4 d) they see 3 shifts a game.

try supporting your opinions with something other then criticism cuz we might have hurt your kids feelings.

NonRaiderFan
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
If I become as critical as you guys after 12 years I would stop going to the games because it does not do anyone any good.

As for Balson no points in 13 games and he is a -3. From all the games I've watched this year I would say he needs to be more aggressive in the offensive end of the ice but he is very good in his own end of the ice and I has been rewarded by having some PK time.

Just a past quote from raider fan 15 last year.
Brock Balson was sent down today. Not sure where but its to bad i thought he looked good. hopefully we see him again soon.

after 13 games where he has not hurt us in our own end of the ice you guys are ready to get rid of him. Lets get rid of another draft choice

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
If I become as critical as you guys after 12 years I would stop going to the games because it does not do anyone any good.

As for Balson no points in 13 games and he is a -3. From all the games I've watched this year I would say he needs to be more aggressive in the offensive end of the ice but he is very good in his own end of the ice and I has been rewarded by having some PK time.

Brock Balson was sent down today. Not sure where but its to bad i thought he looked good. hopefully we see him again soon.

after 13 games where he has not hurt us in our own end of the ice you guys are ready to get rid of him. Lets get rid of another draft choice
so tell me why he gets pp time over fiddler ? or why he replaced herrod when he got hurt. he looked better at age 16 then this season. those of us still around afterall these years, well we relish the good times, and stick around through the bad. (true fan)

Raider Believer
11-03-2010, 08:14 PM

I'm not sure why all the focus on Balson. Although I'm amazed that for a non poster that you'd remember the quote from raiderfan15 from over a year ago! Impressive! But then again I am taking a reasonable guess that you are more than a casual observer of his play, which is cool, and good on you for advocating for him, I hope Bruno hears or reads your thoughts because being a young player Brock is going to need all the support he can muster with Bruno coaching him. In fairness, IMO Brock has potential, albeit unrealized, at this level, to this point. Its really a shame that Bruno publicly promoted him to be something he is not, it left Brock open criticism because of unrealistic expectations from the fans.

About our record in the last number of games. Sure there have been some close games, but IMO too many close losses that could have been converted to wins with better bench and asset management. No team will be successful over the course of a season by going heavily with 2 1/2 lines and 4-5 dmen. Furthermore, shortening the bench in this way thwarts player development and threatens team morale. Why is Bruno doing this? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Despite the fact he was a goalie, and there have been very few if any (Emile 'the Cat' Francis an exception) former goalies who made it big as big league coaches, I don't believe Bruno is a complete idiot. I think he is under extreme pressure to win. After all the frustration from this forum, and the knee jerk reactions are put aside, I for one must admit, the directors are at fault. Everyone knows, or at least assumes, that Bruno will be given a one way ticket to either his cottage in Nelson or home to the pleasant climes of the Okanagan if he fails to drive this team to the playoffs this season. So why did the directorship only give him a two year contract this past summer? If they had any doubts about him, they shouldn't have signed him to the two years. And if they truly had confidence in him, they should have shown it and given him plenty of non pressured time to turn the franchise around, say a three or 4 year contract. The teams that seem to be having the most success, and aren't afraid to play their kids, are the teams that have coaches who are not under pressure to produce today. i.e. Vancouver, Kelowna (although not so good at the moment), Calgary, Brandon, Chilliwack. Now having said all that ...and having spent most of last season defending him on this forum, if I had been a Raider director last summer, I would have voted to not renew his contract. His handling of Aasman, Aschim, Persley & losing Harrison sealed it for me.

westbeach55
11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
looks like we stole the trade for aasman (parker) and as far a aschim he wouldnt fit anywhere on this team (8 points in two years) and harrison can go play eleswhere (overated underachiever passed up for team canada and the nhl draft) you make it sound like we lost superstar players. every team has players walk off there teams ex rj reed, linden saip just seems like it is brought up here alot cause the raiders have had a losing record for so long and many passionate fans what success has chilliwack had ???????

I'm not sure why all the focus on Balson. Although I'm amazed that for a non poster that you'd remember the quote from raiderfan15 from over a year ago! Impressive! But then again I am taking a reasonable guess that you are more than a casual observer of his play, which is cool, and good on you for advocating for him, I hope Bruno hears or reads your thoughts because being a young player Brock is going to need all the support he can muster with Bruno coaching him. In fairness, IMO Brock has potential, albeit unrealized, at this level, to this point. Its really a shame that Bruno publicly promoted him to be something he is not, it left Brock open criticism because of unrealistic expectations from the fans.

About our record in the last number of games. Sure there have been some close games, but IMO too many close losses that could have been converted to wins with better bench and asset management. No team will be successful over the course of a season by going heavily with 2 1/2 lines and 4-5 dmen. Furthermore, shortening the bench in this way thwarts player development and threatens team morale. Why is Bruno doing this? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Despite the fact he was a goalie, and there have been very few if any (Emile 'the Cat' Francis an exception) former goalies who made it big as big league coaches, I don't believe Bruno is a complete idiot. I think he is under extreme pressure to win. After all the frustration from this forum, and the knee jerk reactions are put aside, I for one must admit, the directors are at fault. Everyone knows, or at least assumes, that Bruno will be given a one way ticket to either his cottage in Nelson or home to the pleasant climes of the Okanagan if he fails to drive this team to the playoffs this season. So why did the directorship only give him a two year contract this past summer? If they had any doubts about him, they shouldn't have signed him to the two years. And if they truly had confidence in him, they should have shown it and given him plenty of non pressured time to turn the franchise around, say a three or 4 year contract. The teams that seem to be having the most success, and aren't afraid to play their kids, are the teams that have coaches who are not under pressure to produce today. i.e. Vancouver, Kelowna (although not so good at the moment), Calgary, Brandon, Chilliwack. Now having said all that ...and having spent most of last season defending him on this forum, if I had been a Raider director last summer, I would have voted to not renew his contract. His handling of Aasman, Aschim, Persley & losing Harrison sealed it for me.

NonRaiderFan
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
First off great game tonight raiders

To deal with Dwight’s post 1st. If you watched the game against Vancouver Balso was moved to play with McNeil and they actually had some pretty good scoring chances, so why not put him with that line the next night and keep the other lines together. Balson did get some PP time at the beginning of the season, do you see him on the PP now.

A true raider fan is being positive in the good and the bad times.

Raider Believer please do not be amazed, if you think I was coming into this without doing my homework your nuts. The talk about Balson started with raider15 and Dwight, I’m just replying.

Lets go to your comments at the beginning of the year on Yaworski, you said

Yaworski needs to take his act somewhere else, no hockey sense.

Yaworski has been great since are 3 D-men have gone down.With the comment you have made I would not renew your contract.

Now to the game, good job tonight raiders. A great start by getting 2 quick goals, we still need to work on playing a full 60 min though. I think the part about playing a full 60 min is one of the hardest things for our coaches to teach, after all you can turn on Sports Desk and listen to any Pro saying that they have to play for a full 60 min. It was nice to see us get a break and get a goal at the end of the 1st. I think we survived the 2nd and 3rd and when we got the 4th goal you could see the wind go out of the Spokane sails.

I thought it was a great touch by Bruno to send Williams and Fiddler up for the post game show, that will only increase their confidence.

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 11:11 PM
A true raider fan is being positive in the good and the bad times.

Yaworski has been great since are 3 D-men have gone down.With the comment you have made I would not renew your contract.

yaworski in the middle of preseason suddenly (to the surprise of many) became a solid dependable player. after being a regular scratch all last year he has dressed every game, and deserved to.
ya know what, if i wanna crack a little joke at the expense of balson over the opportunities he has been given, and how he was touted by bruno so highly, then i will. if you cant find humour in the situation then thats your problem.
so just deal with it.

Dwight Schrute
11-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I really , really liked that Bruono decided to finally go 3 lines strong moving Maylan down to play with Herle and Winther. Williams was nothing short of spectacular. I really like when Bourhis plays forward. The team came out dead and He lays a big check and turned the momentum in the first.

winther has been coming along nicely, hopefully he continues to get that kind of ice time. all season i've been super inpressed with williams. perhaps him and mcneill may both hear their names called this summer at the draft

Raider Believer
11-03-2010, 11:21 PM
winther has been coming along nicely, hopefully he continues to get that kind of ice time. all season i've been super inpressed with williams. perhaps him and mcneill may both hear their names called this summer at the draft

Maybe nonraiderfan in his diligent research might remember that almost from the beginning of training camp I've been predicting that Williams will be a star and likely number one by Christmas. And yes Dwight, I have no doubt that McNeill and Williams will hear their names called in June.

Raider Believer
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
looks like we stole the trade for aasman (parker) and as far a aschim he wouldnt fit anywhere on this team (8 points in two years) and harrison can go play eleswhere (overated underachiever passed up for team canada and the nhl draft) you make it sound like we lost superstar players. every team has players walk off there teams ex rj reed, linden saip just seems like it is brought up here alot cause the raiders have had a losing record for so long and many passionate fans what success has chilliwack had ???????

I give credit to Bruno for making the best of bad situations by making the trades he made. Getting Parker is terrific and probably the Fiddler / Bourhis return for Harrison is pretty good value. My point is that the way they were handled created the need to make trades. And yes other teams have similar situations but not in multiples every year. But it sure was great to see the young turks getting some points tonight ... 4 of the 5 goals went to 16 & 17 year olds, awesome!

NonRaiderFan
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Dwight sorry but I do not find it humorous to crack jokes at any teenage WHL player on this board or any where else,. I guess you have no idea what type of sacrifices these players make to play a game they love and hopefully play at a higher level. I do feel sorry for you.

Raider Believer & Dwight way to go out on a limb on predicting McNeill. Williams has been great and if he continues I'm sure he will hear his name. It's the players you jump on right away and you are ready to get rid of right away without giving them a chance. Yaworski is a perfect example

Dwight Schrute
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Dwight sorry but I do not find it humorous to crack jokes at any teenage WHL player on this board or any where else,. I guess you have no idea what type of sacrifices these players make to play a game they love and hopefully play at a higher level. I do feel sorry for you.

Raider Believer & Dwight way to go out on a limb on predicting McNeill. Williams has been great and if he continues I'm sure he will hear his name. It's the players you jump on right away and you are ready to get rid of right away without giving them a chance. Yaworski is a perfect example

well lets just have everyone on the roster so nobodys feelings get hurt. lol seriously as if thats all that occurs here is making fun of your poor little brocky boy. perhaps he can take note of yaworskis turnaround and have one himself.

until then however i'll take my 15 years of season tickets, and remain entitled to my opinion

NonRaiderFan
11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Your missing my point, I’ll try explain it another way.

A few years ago I watched a documentary on professional athletes and in one part of the show they focused on a NFL field goal kicker. This kicker was on a team that went to the superbowl and he had a chance to kick the winning field goal, the kick was well within his range and almost a chip shot. He missed and he was dragged through the mud in the press and in his home town. What the documentary went on to tell us was a story that the kicker or team never brought up because it was a private and personal matter. I think it was one or two days before the superbowl his wife had called him up and said she was leaving him and taking the kids. I’m sure this situation contributed to his focus and the missed kick.

I’m pretty sure I read this next one on this site, it could have been somewhere else and if I get something incorrect please someone jump in and correct me. I believe I read a couple of posts about Aasman and a family member being sick and I think it was with cancer. I cannot imagine the struggle this kid must have gone through during this time. we do not know if Aasman went to Bruno and asked for a trade because playing here reminded him of the family illness, who would blame him and if this was the situation and good on Bruno for helping this kid move along in life by doing whatever it took to help this kid. Sometimes it is not always about hockey for these players and GM’s .

chalk_one_up
11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Your missing my point, I’ll try explain it another way.

A few years ago I watched a documentary on professional athletes and in one part of the show they focused on a NFL field goal kicker. This kicker was on a team that went to the superbowl and he had a chance to kick the winning field goal, the kick was well within his range and almost a chip shot. He missed and he was dragged through the mud in the press and in his home town. What the documentary went on to tell us was a story that the kicker or team never brought up because it was a private and personal matter. I think it was one or two days before the superbowl his wife had called him up and said she was leaving him and taking the kids. I’m sure this situation contributed to his focus and the missed kick.

I don't think Ray Finkle from Ace Ventura counts as a documentary.

http://www.brobible.com/files/images/buzz/finkle_profile_page.jpg

Dwight Schrute
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
aasmans father tony passed away at the beginning of ryans 16 year old season

NonRaiderFan
11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Lets move on. Good luck tonight Raiders have a fast start an do not let up.

Raider Believer
11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Lets move on. Good luck tonight Raiders have a fast start an do not let up.

Wow.... so no doubt we know how to rock 'n roll, not sure about the hockey though. SC beat us in the only way that mattered, the scoreboard. Wish Bruno would go with Williams for the foreseeable future, I think he's proved himself and proved he's number 1. .

Chipchura_Fan
11-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Williams has to be our starter, Bruno is an idiot if he goes to Tucker against the T-Birds. And I think the fans response to Williams taking over should be a boost to his confidence even more.

Stanfordfan
11-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Williams is playing well but the fans response was actually pretty disgusting. You want both your goalies to play well and you will not get Tucker back in form when the fans are not supporting him as well. It is a team game and you have two goalies for a reason. If the fans can react so badly to one kid no wonder other kids don't want to be there. Even some of the team were shocked at the fans behaviour tonight.

NonRaiderFan
11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree during the year we are going to need every player playing well. Every player will have his ups and downs and Tucker may have struggled last night but I'm sure if you asked the players they would say they did not support him very well. For these players to take it to the next level and do well this year they will need to learn to be consistent every night.

Dwight Schrute
11-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Williams is playing well but the fans response was actually pretty disgusting. You want both your goalies to play well and you will not get Tucker back in form when the fans are not supporting him as well. It is a team game and you have two goalies for a reason. If the fans can react so badly to one kid no wonder other kids don't want to be there. Even some of the team were shocked at the fans behaviour tonight.

similiar to how the canadians have price's back and that kind of boing was disgusting also ? i agree you should never boo your own goalie

Raider Believer
11-06-2010, 12:36 PM
similiar to how the canadians have price's back and that kind of boing was disgusting also ? i agree you should never boo your own goalie

I think the fans reaction was just a generalized expression of frustration with the team. Williams GAA is 3.26 versus Tucker which is 4.24, a significant difference.

Saskaman
11-06-2010, 12:40 PM
It's a team sport! They win and lose as a team. Anybody booing last night should switch to watching tennis or golf. :burningmad:

NonRaiderFan
11-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I agree Eric is hot but if you look at some of the stats and I did have a quick look at them. We are being outshot 36 to 33 so far this year and I think we have the 4th worst goals against in the WHL. I'm sorry but those stats fall on the team and not on any one person. We have to play way better team defense.

westbeach55
11-06-2010, 03:12 PM
how could you argue not putting williams in net last game, run with the hot goalie and the one who gives you the best chance to win. it simple were getting out coached

Raider Believer
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
It's a team sport! They win and lose as a team. Anybody booing last night should switch to watching tennis or golf. :burningmad:

Saskaman,
My gawd! You really must be a member of the coaching staff! All the rah rah crap and absolutely no substance. To start with, I watched the webcast and didn't hear booing, I heard cheering, they were cheering last night for Williams, and deservedly so. As for your absolutely ridiculous idea that our loyal and long suffering fans should switch to tennis or golf ....may I suggest that you take your own advice. In the last 4 years teams have taken their run at the Memorial Cup, lost their top players, drafted new ones and rebuilt into strong contenders all in the same time period that we've been foraging in the basement. The problem is not our fans either at the arena or on this forum.

To quote westbeach55, "run with the hot goalie and the one who gives you the best chance to win. it simple were getting out coached"

And I may add, we've been getting out coached all season long. The win over Spokane midweek was our only victory in 8 or 9 games, not nearly good enough and November's schedule only gets tougher. There is no defense or rationale that Bruno and management can give anymore, only results count. It sure isn't our players who aren't trying. They're leaving their bits of skin, blood and sweat all over the ice.

jnofish1
11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Raider Believer;157543]Saskaman,
My gawd! You really must be a member of the coaching staff! All the rah rah crap and absolutely no substance. To start with, I watched the webcast and didn't hear booing, I heard cheering, they were cheering last night for Williams, and deservedly so. As for your absolutely ridiculous idea that our loyal and long suffering fans should switch to tennis or golf ....may I suggest that you take your own advice. In the last 4 years teams have taken their run at the Memorial Cup, lost their top players, drafted new ones and rebuilt into strong contenders all in the same time period that we've been foraging in the basement. The problem is not our fans either at the arena or on this forum.

To quote westbeach55, "run with the hot goalie and the one who gives you the best chance to win. it simple were getting out coached"

And I may add, we've been getting out coached all season long. The win over Spokane midweek was our only victory in 8 or 9 games, not nearly good enough and November's schedule only gets tougher. There is no defense or rationale that Bruno and management can give anymore, only results count. It sure isn't our players who aren't trying. They're leaving their bits of skin, blood and sweat all over the ice.[/QUOTE

honestly i didnt get to ecited over the win against spokane!!!! it was there what 4th or 5th game on the road and played there asses off the previous three games. only to put there young goalie of only three games in against us.not as much honor in that win!!!! any win will do now!

Saskaman
11-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh God - to quote NonRaiderFan "You're missing my point - I'll try to put it another way"

I didnt complain or comment about the run for the cup, the top players, the draft, contenders etc, etc. Take a heart pill and relax.

All I said, and I repeat, so listen carefully - for last nights game and any other hockey game played anywhere - no home team should boo their own player! Period.

Should they run with a hot goalie? Of course, should have started with Williams.

I was at the game - they most certainly were booing.

Chipchura_Fan
11-06-2010, 06:53 PM
From where I was sitting, i didn't hear anyone booing just cheering when Williams came in. I had my hopes up for Tucker... but I guess Zemlak left big shoes to fill between the pipes.

Dwight Schrute
11-06-2010, 09:57 PM
well if there was booing it would be classless. williams has taken the ball and deserves to run with it

Ranger
11-07-2010, 12:03 AM
for last nights game and any other hockey game played anywhere - no home team should boo their own player! Period.

I was at the game - they most certainly were booing.

Totally agree! I dont care who it is...how in the hell would anyone come out and play in their own barn again after that??

Saskaman
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
It could all have been avoided by starting Williams, which is what should have happened. But the booing and cutting these young kids down does nothing but hurt their self esteem. Right now they need the opposite, IMO

TinCupJoe
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Everyone that I saw in all the sections i could see were applauding and I didnt hear a boo. but on the oposite side of the rink (where tucker was) they may have been. and from what i saw it had nothing to do with either goaltender it had to do with Bruno finally making a good decision so they applauded him. I watched alot of fans after Tucker let in a stinker for the first goal and almost every fan looked at Bruno with there hands in the air puzzled why Williams didnt get the start.

I was sitting on the side where Tucker was playing. There were not any boos going on - it was cheering. But, in my opinion the cheers definitely gave Tucker some hard feelings! He flew his hands up in the air and dropped his stick... frustrated. Williams should have started, seeing his previous game. Play the hot goalie. Williams seemed to be more involved in the game, talking to his D, passing up the play and so forth. I didn't see that so much with Tucker. Having said all that, Tucker needs to get back in the saddle as soon as possible, or he is going to waddle in the frustration... that won't help him one bit.

Stanfordfan
11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I think if you ask many fans and even the players they felt that even the cheering and standing ovations were over the top. It may have had an impact on Williams but it crushed Tucker and dissapointed many on the team. If you speak to some of them they were embarassed by the display.

Saskaman
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Rader15, refer back to Stanfordman:

The cheering was for Williams, I believe, and Tucker thought so to, took offence to it.

chalk_one_up
11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I think if you ask many fans and even the players they felt that even the cheering and standing ovations were over the top. It may have had an impact on Williams but it crushed Tucker and dissapointed many on the team. If you speak to some of them they were embarassed by the display.

Tucker is a big boy and if he's getting rattled by the truth (not performing well so the fans are educated enough to know and recognize that) than he knows what he needs to do, which is perform better. The fans have been patient and understanding long enough and the patience is running thin with the organization and it's lack of success. The fans pay good money, so they have in their own right to boo or cheer whenever they feel like it. If you want to revert back to the " but they're teenagers" bit, they knew what they were getting into before the entered the league, so it's not uncharted territory. Sorry, but the fans don't have to cater to the players and consider their poor feelings. If the kid can't hack it mentally, than maybe hockey isn't for him. It's a tough sport physically and unfortunately for a lot of these players, it's a mental thing too.

My advice for Tucker would be to quit being sookie and to properly prepare because this isn't the first instance for Tucker. There was a reason why Don Hay bounced his ass out of Vancouver.

With all that being said, the kid has the potential and has had a rough go in a Raider uniform outside beating his former team twice. Don't read message boards and don't take the fans reaction to heart because tomorrow, with a good performance, you are back in their good graces because P.A is a forgiving hockey community. The fans are just frustrated that's all. It's important not to get so bent out of shape, nor be offended. It's the nature of the sport and playing for a team that is the prized possession of the community.

Raider Believer
11-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Tucker is a big boy and if he's getting rattled by the truth (not performing well so the fans are educated enough to know and recognize that) than he knows what he needs to do, which is perform better. The fans have been patient and understanding long enough and the patience is running thin with the organization and it's lack of success. The fans pay good money, so they have in their own right to boo or cheer whenever they feel like it. If you want to revert back to the " but they're teenagers" bit, they knew what they were getting into before the entered the league, so it's not uncharted territory. Sorry, but the fans don't have to cater to the players and consider their poor feelings. If the kid can't hack it mentally, than maybe hockey isn't for him. It's a tough sport physically and unfortunately for a lot of these players, it's a mental thing too.

My advice for Tucker would be to quit being sookie and to properly prepare because this isn't the first instance for Tucker. There was a reason why Don Hay bounced his ass out of Vancouver.

With all that being said, the kid has the potential and has had a rough go in a Raider uniform outside beating his former team twice. Don't read message boards and don't take the fans reaction to heart because tomorrow, with a good performance, you are back in their good graces because P.A is a forgiving hockey community. The fans are just frustrated that's all. It's important not to get so bent out of shape, nor be offended. It's the nature of the sport and playing for a team that is the prized possession of the community.

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. Hockey can be a brutal sport, on the ice, in the stands and on the forum. LOL

NonRaiderFan
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Did you guys even watch the game? The first goal may not have been a good one but Tucker had one of his own guys block his path to the net and it was also a poor clearing on the boards. The second goal Tucker actually made the save but it was tapped in by Hutt who was not covered by the side of the net. The third goal had lots of traffic in front and I do not think Tucker even saw it. The forth goal was a 3 on 1, I'm not to sure how many goalies make the save in that situation. I would say Bruno pulled Tucker more as a kick in the ass to the players as they did not do much to help Tucker out on at least 2 of the goals. Your right it is a tough game physically and mentally but they are trying to learn those skills.

chalk_one_up
11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Did you guys even watch the game? The first goal may not have been a good one but Tucker had one of his own guys block his path to the net and it was also a poor clearing on the boards. The second goal Tucker actually made the save but it was tapped in by Hutt who was not covered by the side of the net. The third goal had lots of traffic in front and I do not think Tucker even saw it. The forth goal was a 3 on 1, I'm not to sure how many goalies make the save in that situation. I would say Bruno pulled Tucker more as a kick in the ass to the players as they did not do much to help Tucker out on at least 2 of the goals. Your right it is a tough game physically and mentally but they are trying to learn those skills.

The last thing Jamie Tucker would want is for someone to make excuses for him. He knows he has to be better and so does the coaching staff and the players. He is capable of being a star goaltender in this league, but right now, something isn't up to par between the ears.

NonRaiderFan
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree but Jamie does not need to hear all the comments that have also gone on. All these players will have ups and downs during the season but we has fans do not have to jump all over them when they are down. Jamie took ownership of the loss in the paper, is that not good enough for us?

Saskaman
11-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Sadly, its isnt enough for some vultures on here.

Landon
11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't understand Why Bruno keeps on putting Button and Mcneill on defense for power plays. Mcneill is one of our best offensive forwards, we could use his talents around the net on the pp not defense. Rowley and Bettauer get more shots to the net so why not use them more on the pp. Austin Connor on the power play wow!!!!!!!!!!! I understand he is a big body in front of the net but come on. 1st pp Mcneill, Herrod, Parker, 2nd pp Revenko, Maylan, Svendson or Fiddler. I just wish Bruno would change things up when it goes sour like it has......The Raiders have been playing well but the short handed goals need to stop because they are deflating us.

Raider Believer
11-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Sadly, its isnt enough for some vultures on here.

I'm pretty sure that vultures only feed off a dead carcass. Although after the game tonight, a dead carcass might not be such a poor choice as a metaphor, sadly.

I think there needs to be a hastily convened meeting of the BOD.

Raider Believer
11-11-2010, 01:07 AM
I don't understand Why Bruno keeps on putting Button and Mcneill on defense for power plays. Mcneill is one of our best offensive forwards, we could use his talents around the net on the pp not defense. Rowley and Bettauer get more shots to the net so why not use them more on the pp. Austin Connor on the power play wow!!!!!!!!!!! I understand he is a big body in front of the net but come on. 1st pp Mcneill, Herrod, Parker, 2nd pp Revenko, Maylan, Svendson or Fiddler. I just wish Bruno would change things up when it goes sour like it has......The Raiders have been playing well but the short handed goals need to stop because they are deflating us.

The Raiders have been playing well? IMO they haven't. In the last 10 games they've won exactly 1 game. No matter how we rationalize it, that just isn't good enough. Either the team is trying hard but isn't quite good enough or the team has tuned out Bruno's rants and screaming, either way the answer points directly at Bruno. This is his team, he shaped it, he coaches it. Right now there is nothing to suggest that he is going to magically turn this season around. The best he can hope for is that KM in Brandon starts a fire sale early. But lets count our blessings ... how bad are Regina, Calgary & Edmonton?

Landon
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM
The Raiders have been playing well? IMO they haven't. In the last 10 games they've won exactly 1 game. No matter how we rationalize it, that just isn't good enough. Either the team is trying hard but isn't quite good enough or the team has tuned out Bruno's rants and screaming, either way the answer points directly at Bruno. This is his team, he shaped it, he coaches it. Right now there is nothing to suggest that he is going to magically turn this season around. The best he can hope for is that KM in Brandon starts a fire sale early. But lets count our blessings ... how bad are Regina, Calgary & Edmonton?
Yeah you are correct when you say in the last 10 they have only had one win. That is not good enough, that is why I wish Bruno would change things up. The power play needs to be changed, I as a fan hate seeing Mcneill on defence on the PP especially when you have guys like Bettauer, Rowley. Mcneill is one of our best snipers on forward so why put him on defence. Button seems to have lost his touch also, all his shots are getting blocked and his passes are being intercepted due to being to fancy (perhaps trying to hard). I think Bettauer and Rowley should be 1st PP as they seem to be getting the shots through to the net. There passing to the forwards down low are also consistent. Our first two lines can play with any team in the WHL so why not use them on the PP. Austin Connor is good at what he does on the 3rd and 4th line. He does not deserve power play when you have Mcneill, Herrod, Parker, Revenko, Svendson, Maylan, or Fiddler.
Bruno needs to realize his plan needs to be changed because it is not working. Danyluk, I thought has been playing very well lately, to bad Bourhis has a concussion because his energy was missed last night.

Green team
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I was noticing that about Herrod and Ravenko too, but I have faith in the two and we’ll see there A-game against the broncos. As far as McNeil (or any high end forward), going back on the point, on a 5 on 4, you are usually asking for trouble, forwards are not in their comfort zone back there, unless he has played a few years on D, I would chose an experienced d-man. I would consider it, if it was a 5 on 3 IMO.
Taking dumb penalties and the above killed us in the Seattle game, every player seems to take their turn at dumb penalties, but bruno has to drill it into these kids to stay away from the grey zone of hooking, slashing and high sticking (penalties that are taken when your feet stop moving), shorten their shifts or don't play your top six as much (tired feet take penalties).
With McNeil on forward PP, and Danyluk playing with confidence, I would practice 3 PP lines. As it is now, no matter how tired or crappy your line plays PP, you know you'll get the next PP shift. Guaranties in any ice time (goal tenders Included) tends to not bring out the best in one.
When Our D-men get their shots on net, one of our forwards has to be willing to wear the lumber and pay the price and get in tight in front of their goalie and create some havoc, if not, these goaltender will stop those shots all night long. Also I seen if this is done right, our forward might just draw another penalty from them if we don't retaliate.
We just need to tweak a few things, play smart tuff and stay positive and we'll be where we need to be come playoff time.

westbeach55
11-12-2010, 07:49 PM
how did maylan get that roughing penalty is beyond me ?????

Chipchura_Fan
11-12-2010, 09:06 PM
That roughing penalty was ridiculous! And after that it just seemed like the Raiders were done. That penalty took the wind out of their sails and it was complete and total bull. But did anyone else notice Yawarski didn't play a single shift after that high stick/unsportsman like penalty?

Wildeyes
11-12-2010, 11:18 PM
he was told to go to the dressing room after that but was on the bench for the
3rd period. Did not play a single shift.

Raider Believer
11-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I was noticing that about Herrod and Ravenko too, but I have faith in the two and we’ll see there A-game against the broncos. As far as McNeil (or any high end forward), going back on the point, on a 5 on 4, you are usually asking for trouble, forwards are not in their comfort zone back there, unless he has played a few years on D, I would chose an experienced d-man. I would consider it, if it was a 5 on 3 IMO.
Taking dumb penalties and the above killed us in the Seattle game, every player seems to take their turn at dumb penalties, but bruno has to drill it into these kids to stay away from the grey zone of hooking, slashing and high sticking (penalties that are taken when your feet stop moving), shorten their shifts or don't play your top six as much (tired feet take penalties).
With McNeil on forward PP, and Danyluk playing with confidence, I would practice 3 PP lines. As it is now, no matter how tired or crappy your line plays PP, you know you'll get the next PP shift. Guaranties in any ice time (goal tenders Included) tends to not bring out the best in one.
When Our D-men get their shots on net, one of our forwards has to be willing to wear the lumber and pay the price and get in tight in front of their goalie and create some havoc, if not, these goaltender will stop those shots all night long. Also I seen if this is done right, our forward might just draw another penalty from them if we don't retaliate.
We just need to tweak a few things, play smart tuff and stay positive and we'll be where we need to be come playoff time.

Come playoff time?? Are you serious? With the hole we're in after tonight, we'll need to play something like .700 hockey for the remaining 50 games to make the playoffs! And I don't see that happening. The schedule ahead is not kind. This team is not moving forward.

chalk_one_up
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Boy was Portland impressive tonight. Many times throughout the game, I caught myself saying wow. What can you say, big, strong, aggressive, crafty, strong on the puck and tenacious.

That team has done it the right way.

lostsheep
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
You can say that Portland is big and strong, but when i see a returning NHL player crosscheck a Rookie that was down and aready weekened, i dont see strong. Last night in S'toon i thought they were very chippy and whined at every call. I did not watch your game tonight, lastnights game was very intense to watch as a Blade fann, but Portland does not impress me much tallent or not they play a little too much bush league for me.
________
Vaportower Whip (http://vaporizer.org)

Raider Believer
11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Yah I say sell off the 20s that have value to other teams. Decide on the 3 19 year olds they want to keep for next year and trade the other ones and try to build for next year and get a elite player in the draft at the same time. Plus this would let the kids play quality mins.

Bruno will play the hell out of his first two lines in the hope of salvaging his job.
The BOD needs to clean house completely now, including Young, the trainer, everyone. The current regime has lost all credibility and hopes of drafting elite players in the bantam draft are tainted by the strong possibility that they won't report to this team with its current leadership. Everything that comes out of Bruno's mouth is so much BS. I feel like a fool for defending Bruno all last season when a string of posters on here were calling for his head.

Dwight Schrute
11-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Yah I say sell off the 20s that have value to other teams. Decide on the 3 19 year olds they want to keep for next year and trade the other ones and try to build for next year and get a elite player in the draft at the same time. Plus this would let the kids play quality mins.

button should hold value, and trading one of our 20's dmen should net a return. next year id keep maylan, herrod, and parker. if you move button, and deck/rowley. that opens up a lot of ice time for guys like ruopp and hrynyk. they could recall waselynko for the rest of the season.

Dwight Schrute
11-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Bruno will play the hell out of his first two lines in the hope of salvaging his job.
The BOD needs to clean house completely now, including Young, the trainer, everyone. The current regime has lost all credibility and hopes of drafting elite players in the bantam draft are tainted by the strong possibility that they won't report to this team with its current leadership. Everything that comes out of Bruno's mouth is so much BS. I feel like a fool for defending Bruno all last season when a string of posters on here were calling for his head.

its ok bruno is a good salesman and paints a real nice picture, but more and more others will see. you'd think selling off a vet or two to help next year would be the idea......... i bet bruno pays for a 19year old or two in similiar fashion to reddin

RaineBlade
11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Boy was Portland impressive tonight. Many times throughout the game, I caught myself saying wow. What can you say, big, strong, aggressive, crafty, strong on the puck and tenacious.

I looked up Portland's roster and yeah, those are some big boys. What really caught my eye was that Portland is a very young team (they only have 6 19 and 20 year olds). This team will be a powerhouse for a few years (even if Johanssen and Niedereitter are in the NHL next year)

NonRaiderFan
11-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I think by cleaning house it would be step backwards at this time. Bruno has been here since June 2007 and has really only been involved with the drafts from 2008. After the 2008 they fired their head scout. The only way we right this ship is through the draft, plus having stability in management and coaching during those years. Portland has also seen some very bad years as well see below. By changing things now means we bring in someone else that wants to go in another direction, which brings instability to the organization. I’m prepared to give him a few more years so we can see what he does with the players he has drafted and traded for. I think the Raiders have a bright future but we need to be patience and I know for a lot of you that is something you do not have but it will be worse if we clean house.

05/06 8th out 10 teams
06/07 last place
07/08 last place
08/09 last place
09/10 5th out of 10 teams

chalk_one_up
11-14-2010, 12:36 PM

I think Young is the only one who should stay. As for the BOD, that house needs to be cleaned as well, where the boys club gets removed in favor of passionate people who are open to new ideas and/or improving the hockey club. Sorry, but the Raiders don't need the Chief of Police and the Chief of Fire Department on the board just because of who they are.

They used to have it where you would pay $10 to be a stakeholder in the club and with that you could go to the meetings to view or speak an idea or two. That became old and pointless because the "boys club" didn't want to listen to any suggestion that wasn't theirs.

On the idea of canning people, the ginger Bruce Vance can go to. His marketing or stealing ideas (or so it's called) has gotten old. Is there a reason why the Raiders don't have a Booster club, a kids club or any of that anymore? The marketing is just bland with no real exciting promotion. Heck if Swift Current can have a Cody Eakin bobblehead night, why can't the Raiders have a Mark McNeill bobblehead night? To make money, you need to spend money and I know this team loses money each season, but there needs to be another way to get out of the deficit and putting butts in the seats for any reason is a good start.

It's either a NHL team or a WHL that has this slogan, but "Every game counts" is a slogan I've heard and what they do is that if the team doesn't make the playoffs, season ticket holders get 50% off their season ticket if they choose to renew it the following season. At some point as a small market team, the fans need to be considered and catered to, especially since the fans have had to put up with such a poor product on the ice for so long.

/rant

bigjimmer
11-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I think by cleaning house it would be step backwards at this time. Bruno has been here since June 2007 and has really only been involved with the drafts from 2008. After the 2008 they fired their head scout. The only way we right this ship is through the draft, plus having stability in management and coaching during those years. Portland has also seen some very bad years as well see below. By changing things now means we bring in someone else that wants to go in another direction, which brings instability to the organization. I?m prepared to give him a few more years so we can see what he does with the players he has drafted and traded for. I think the Raiders have a bright future but we need to be patience and I know for a lot of you that is something you do not have but it will be worse if we clean house.

05/06 8th out 10 teams
06/07 last place
07/08 last place
08/09 last place

I agree with this statement, however it's time for Campese to go upstairs and young take over the bench. I think the plan Campese has for the club will work, but perhaps not with him on the bench. Campese stays on as GM, Young Head Coach and Bedard as AC, Derkatch becomes Assistant GM and stays as head scout.
________
Latina Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

Raider Believer
11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I think by cleaning house it would be step backwards at this time. Bruno has been here since June 2007 and has really only been involved with the drafts from 2008. After the 2008 they fired their head scout. The only way we right this ship is through the draft, plus having stability in management and coaching during those years. Portland has also seen some very bad years as well see below. By changing things now means we bring in someone else that wants to go in another direction, which brings instability to the organization. I’m prepared to give him a few more years so we can see what he does with the players he has drafted and traded for. I think the Raiders have a bright future but we need to be patience and I know for a lot of you that is something you do not have but it will be worse if we clean house.

05/06 8th out 10 teams
06/07 last place
07/08 last place
08/09 last place

You sound exactly like I did this time last year, defending Bruno and pleading for stability. Ironically, the stats you post are exactly the reason why Bruno has to go. Portland was in last place in 07/08 & 08/09, & we were somewhat better. Having the same period of time for rebuilding, Portland is now a powerhouse and we are much less than that.
Here are some more interesting facts and reasons Bruno needs to be sent packing.
1. only Calgary has less wins than PA
2. Bruno's idea of toughness is to lead every division except the BC division in penalty minutes (no team will have success playing short handed half the time)
3. we are vitually tied with Regina for the worst GA average
4. our 66 GF is in the middle of the pack, not bad
5. our .364 winning percentage is 3'rd worst in league and two of those teams we are ahead of have game(s) in hand
6. our bottom 6 forwards have a combined average of 2 points each for the entire season (or what they have played of it)
7. our top 6 forwards are averaging 21 points each but are averaging exactly zero in plus minus, which means they are on the ice for a hell of a lot of goals against, probably because they are dead exhausted from the amount of ice they are getting.
Bruno had a lot of input about the 08 draft and was responsible for the 09 and 10 drafts. No one can fault McNeill as a pick, he's awesome, although Ryan Murray was available at our pick. However, what other skater was picked in 08 that is actually contributing to our team? Balson - 16 games - no points?? And I'm not sure that Winther and Danyluk will ever get enough ice to show what they can do. And compound all this with Bruno's special gifts of communication with several players who have refused to report or asked for trades and I am now persuaded that he would be/and is a yoke around the team's neck as GM.

Green team
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM

8-2 loss, that hurts, but playing against the #2 team in Canada, as long as we learn why they are having such success, all is not lost. Take note on their puck movement, they had the puck moving to players with momentum to the open lanes to the net. where we seem to often, to have our 2 forwards going sideways on the blue line(because puck carrier chooses not to pass) and forcing an offside.... Disiplined for such a big team.... Their big players body positioning, was damn near impossible to do any thing with when they had the puck.
They say the winterhawks had 8 or so drated to the nhl from this team, thats quite something, considering they were in the basement for so long. So what ever their scouts and coaches philosophy is on the game, it sure looks like it's working.

Dwight Schrute
11-14-2010, 03:34 PM
You sound exactly like I did this time last year, defending Bruno and pleading for stability.

Bruno had a lot of input about the 08 draft and was responsible for the 09 and 10 drafts. No one can fault McNeill as a pick, he's awesome, although Ryan Murray was available at our pick. However, what other skater was picked in 08 that is actually contributing to our team? Balson - 16 games - no points?? And I'm not sure that Winther and Danyluk will ever get enough ice to show what they can do. And compound all this with Bruno's special gifts of communication with several players who have refused to report or asked for trades and I am now persuaded that he would be/and is a yoke around the team's neck as GM.

bruno claims mcneil as his pick, even though it was obrian. harrison ruopp is another 08 pick doing well.
winther and danyluk wont get much ice, we could be rolling 3 lines but bruno insists on rolling 2, and 4 dmen. ofcourse he insists on excellant conditioning, you must be in great shape to play 35+ min a night on "D" and 25 + min at forward.

id say retain young and dump the rest of the staff including vance. but why is young still here, has he fallen under brunos spell ? is he just biding his time ?

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 01:03 PM
winther and danyluk made team pacific un the under 17s

Hockey Spy
11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
You know what, I've had a chance to view the Raiders quite a few times this year and when they are both in the lineup, I feel Danyluk may turn out to be the better prospect when its all said and done!

lordstanley
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
This is a bright spot in a otherwise bleak and brutal franchise pretty bad when your head coach needs to leave his own team for a couple weeks cause his scouting staff is incompetint

westbeach55
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Brutal franchise some tough times right now, still have that memorial cup which the blades can't say they have

This is a bright spot in a otherwise bleak and brutal franchise pretty bad when your head coach needs to leave his own team for a couple weeks cause his scouting staff is incompetint

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

lol its cause he's a control freak. the blades arent exactly a shining example of success either ya know and in a city with 7-8x the people why only 2x the crowd ?

btw you spelled incompetent wrong :p but thanks for trolling

Hockey Spy
11-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Very true, I guess you just trumped Lord Stanley now!:p

This must mean that the Raiders don't have to please there fans anymore, since they've won the cup 25+ years ago hey?:clap:

lordstanley
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
lol its cause he's a control freak. the blades arent exactly a shining example of success either ya know and in a city with 7-8x the people why only 2x the crowd ?

btw you spelled incompetent wrong :p but thanks for trolling

What more do you want me to say i said you have a couple bright spots am i wrong for saying your franchise is in trouble right now ? with your coaching and lack of heart no i am not and yes you have a mem cup so what i guess you can be bad for another 15 years and say oh well we still have that mem cup from the mid 80's when i was in diapers

lordstanley
11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Very true, I guess you just trumped Lord Stanley now!:p

This must mean that the Raiders don't have to please there fans anymore, since they've won the cup 25+ years ago hey?:clap:

Thank you i said they have a couple bright prospects then i get walked over on wow i guess 1 win in the last 12 will do that

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you i said they have a couple bright prospects then i get walked over on wow i guess 1 win in the last 12 will do that
you said it was a bleak and brutal franchise....
other then rimouski(crosby, lecavlier) how many other junior teams have had 2 first overall nhl draft picks (modano phillips)
still better then a 7 win season........

lordstanley
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Keep looking in the past the franchise right now is bleak don't we play for the now and future or am i mistakin ?

Hockey Spy
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
How about we talk about the last few years instead of digging back 25+ years and 8-10 years ago????:D

Talk about issues at hand now!

HockeyGuru
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Bring back Terry Simpson....No coach will ever match up to him according to the old fans.Thats the problem we are living in the past..it was 25 years ago that the Raiders won the Mem.Cup.

Get rid of Mcfee and all the B.O.D that don't know **** about hockey..Barzai,Alexander and Dutchak and others havent even played fricken hockey.Vance also has to go,most hated person in organization and in the community.

Bruno needs to quit blaming everyone and be accountable for the product on the ice.He is the coach and GM.No more O'Brien,nor more Anholt.This is his team,the 5 year plan isn't working.Bruno instead of scouting trips,just coach the team and scout your sons hockey team thats loaded with draft picks.There is 8 or 9 potential WHL picks on that team for the next 2 years including his son.

Hockey Spy
11-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I agree on the Terry Simpson statement....

What do you think the chances are of Terry Simpson Lane, the road that go's from 28th street through the Carleton Park to the Art Hauser being changed to Bruno Campese Way Lane? :p

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I agree on the Terry Simpson statement....

What do you think the chances are of Terry Simpson Lane, the road that go's from 28th street through the Carleton Park to the Art Hauser being changed to Bruno Campese Way Lane? :p

if bruno had his way....... lol

seriously though i dont think anyone would really want simpson back but, he wasnt the 22nd best coach in the league in his days

SectionNDeserter
11-17-2010, 03:19 PM
seriously though i dont think anyone would really want simpson back butI am pretty sure it was strictly hypothetical, given that Terry Simpson is almost 70 now.

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I am pretty sure it was strictly hypothetical, given that Terry Simpson is almost 70 now.

how old is pat quinn, ken hitchcock scotty bowman ??
id just imagine at 70 he wouldnt wanna put up with the crap

SectionNDeserter
11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
how old is pat quinnDo you mean the Pat Quinn that hasn't been an effective coach for about 15 years? The same age, but he probably shouldn't be coaching anymore either.

ken hitchcockHe could still coach when he was in his early 50's, but like Pat Quinn, has gotten less and less effective at it.

scotty bowman ??A good example, as he was in his mid 60's when he last coached. Definately the exception to the rule though.

id just imagine at 70 he wouldnt wanna put up with the crapThats true, he is no Scotty Bowman ;)

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Do you mean the Pat Quinn that hasn't been an effective coach for about 15 years? The same age, but he probably shouldn't be coaching anymore either.

He could still coach when he was in his early 50's, but like Pat Quinn, has gotten less and less effective at it.

A good example, as he was in his mid 60's when he last coached. Definately the exception to the rule though.

Thats true, he is no Scotty Bowman ;)

scotty's got a good gig being the brains behind the hawks. no media or refs to deal with

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Prince-Albert-SK/Prince-Albert-Raiders/265471005801

The Raiders have re-assigned 18 year old left winger RJ Reed to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL.

why

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Bruno likes wasting picks and then not give them a chance.

lol the one plus is he may be forced to play more young guys

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 12:00 AM
lol the one plus is he may be forced to play more young guys

My guess is that there is a player coming in. He'll probably dig up a 19 yo retread from somewhere at the expense of playing time for Fiddler, Danyluk & Winther.

Alberta Hockey
11-18-2010, 12:05 AM
"The Raiders have re-assigned 18 year old left winger RJ Reed to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL"

When a player leaves a team on his own accord, does the club always say they "re-assigned" the player???

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
"The Raiders have re-assigned 18 year old left winger RJ Reed to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL"

When a player leaves a team on his own accord, does the club always say they "re-assigned" the player???

As it relates to Prince Albert Raiders, YES. The club (read Bruno) is once again embarrassed by the fact that players just don't want to play for him with the way he coaches and utilizes his bench. No doubt there will be those traditionalists who will rush to Bruno's defense. They are pathetic and are unwilling to face the truth. The truth is that Campese has become a huge liability to the franchise.

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 12:44 AM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Prince-Albert-SK/Prince-Albert-Raiders/265471005801

The Raiders have re-assigned 18 year old left winger RJ Reed to the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL.

why

Bruno is once again playing the spin doctor. Its been known for a couple of days now that RJ asked to get out. He'd had enough. Hmm...doesn't that sound familiar?

chalk_one_up
11-18-2010, 09:26 AM
There's a reason why Reed was in Junior A; he's not cut out for WHL life. I think Bruno is hoping that one day, one of these Junior A players will turn out for him.

What is unfortunate is that they bring this kid in from whatever team he was on previously, play him sparingly and then scratch him for more games than he dressed. The kid was better off staying with his Junior A club than succumbing to Bruno's masterplan.

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 09:45 AM
There's a reason why Reed was in Junior A; he's not cut out for WHL life. I think Bruno is hoping that one day, one of these Junior A players will turn out for him.

What is unfortunate is that they bring this kid in from whatever team he was on previously, play him sparingly and then scratch him for more games than he dressed. The kid was better off staying with his Junior A club than succumbing to Bruno's masterplan.

A masterplan? What, to set the record for having players ask to be traded or released? BTW, RJ was on the Giants roster, we gave up a 7th rounder for him.

Dwight Schrute
11-18-2010, 01:16 PM
is corbin going to be better then waselenko plus retaining our 3rd ?

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 02:33 PM
is corbin going to be better then waselenko plus retaining our 3rd ?

Corbin has an NHL calibre shot from the point. His skating is somewhat suspect. He is a POE graduate from Kelowna. Got minimal ice with Rockets. It'll be interesting to watch because PA hasn't had a lot of luck with Kelowna kids. i.e. Persley, Harrison, MacKenzie

Raider Believer
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Yah it makes no sense. Wasylenko would have been fine. Its not like corbin makes the raiders a contender . Bruno is throwing around picks like they are nothing

Another reason why Bruno should be relieved of his responsibilities as GM AND coach.

Raiderfan8
11-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice win! Looks like the boys finally came to play.............................. wonder why? haha

Raider Believer
11-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice win! Looks like the boys finally came to play.............................. wonder why? haha

FANTASTIC RESULT in Lethbridge. The young guns got a chance to play and the opportunity paid dividends in a big, big win! Awesome! Send Bruno on a long, long bus trip, let's stick with tonight's formula! Yes!

Raider Believer
11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Kootenay stomps us! Its way more fun in Lethbridge.

lordstanley
11-21-2010, 12:24 AM
I thought you guys turned the corner after last nights win ? oh well i guess you beat lethbridge worse than us, but were 16-5-1 so i will take that, and yes this was a troll post :clap:

Dwight Schrute
11-21-2010, 03:38 AM
I thought you guys turned the corner after last nights win ? oh well i guess you beat lethbridge worse than us, but were 16-5-1 so i will take that, and yes this was a troll post :clap:

im glad your life is so empty and meaningless that this is how you get you kicks, i hope though that it improves

Raider Believer
11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
A sobering observation: This time last season we had 13 victories! This season 7. This 5 year plan is going backwards! Jettison the engineer!

lordstanley
11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
im glad your life is so empty and meaningless that this is how you get you kicks, i hope though that it improves

Ty Danno it really is

Dwight Schrute
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
so with deck back and healthy that will be a big boost. no more excuses.

who on d is on the trading block
rowley 20 (doubt it)
deck 20 (doubt it)
bettauer 19 (probably wouldnt return much)
button 19 (best value though cant lose his draft development money)
yaworski 18 (has been great and gritty)
hrynyk 18 (likely)
bourhis 18 (plays wing and gritty doubt it)
corbin 18 (doubt it)
ruopp 17 (no way)
berry 17 (no idea)

Raider Believer
11-24-2010, 05:49 PM

rowley 20 (doubt it)
deck 20 (doubt it)
hrynyk 18 (likely)
corbin 18 (doubt it)
ruopp 17 (no way)
berry 17 (no idea)

The team would be wise to wait and see how Deck's knee holds up. He came into the season with a suspect knee and probably rushed back too soon. Way too much pressure for players to play injured.

Raider Believer
11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
A totally differnt backend with both Deck and Rowley in the line up. I liked the effort that Bettauer put in playing forward as well. Williams once again played a fantastic game .

I've been saying since early training camp that Williams is a star. Any chance he'll get the start on Friday?

lordstanley
11-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I've been saying since early training camp that Williams is a star. Any chance he'll get the start on Friday?

Should be a interesting tilt this weekend Lorne said he isn't sure which game Stanford will play and i know Viedensky is out with a concussion and Olson with the flu so theirs a little heads up :)

Dwight Schrute
11-25-2010, 12:32 AM
im looking forward to saturdays game

Chipchura_Fan
11-25-2010, 01:49 AM
I just hope the same team that played Moose Jaw shows up to play Stoon... I want this win way too much.

Dwight Schrute
11-25-2010, 08:23 PM

rowley 20 (doubt it)
deck 20 (doubt it)
hrynyk 18 (likely)
corbin 18 (doubt it)
ruopp 17 (no way)
berry 17 (no idea)
wow common sense eh

Raider Believer
11-25-2010, 11:23 PM
wow common sense eh

good call

chalk_one_up
11-27-2010, 12:30 AM
The Raiders warmed up to a song that sounded like Eminem tonight. Anyone have a clue what tune that was?

bigjimmer
11-27-2010, 09:15 AM
I can't believe more people aren't on here talking about how good the team looked like last night. For the 1st time in months every 20 was healthy, and it sure made a difference.

Great win by the team....convinced me to make the trip to Saskatoon for tonight!
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

Chipchura_Fan
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I can't believe more people aren't on here talking about how good the team looked like last night. For the 1st time in months every 20 was healthy, and it sure made a difference.

Great win by the team....convinced me to make the trip to Saskatoon for tonight!

Agreed, amazing how much different the team plays when Deck is in the line up. I'm really impressed with Corbin as well.

And how in the hell did Williams not get a star last night? He was robbed!!!

lordstanley
11-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Agreed, amazing how much different the team plays when Deck is in the line up. I'm really impressed with Corbin as well.

And how in the hell did Williams not get a star last night? He was robbed!!!

Stars of the game should have been

1.Herrod
2.Williams
3.Elliott

Corbin looks good you guys finnaly got a guy to play the power play the guy always puts the puck on net and something happends hence his 8 points in 5 games or whatever it is

You guys wanted that game way more, you can see how important a teams 20's are to a team in this league we really missed Viedensky last night specially in the faceoff circle for the pp i hope the Blades arent looking towards their BC trip tonight they need to play a full 60 here's hoping to another great game :clap:

Hockey Spy
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Thoughts from last nights game:

Antoine Corbin looks to be a very good top 4 dmen, perhaps even top 2 pairing dman. He was able to get shots through on a consistant basis and was albe to skate with the Blades forwards and rub them out of the play. One specific play comes to mind was when Zahn pinched in and carried the puck around the Raider net. Corbin simply rubbed Zahn off the puck and threw down the 6'2 215lb Zahn with what looked like ease.

Jonathan Parker is a very shifty, craft player who isn't afraid to take the puck to the net to make a play. This all, despite his relative small stature. Looks like you guys will have a good one there for the next 1.5 years.

If Bruno can somehow instill in his team that they have to play like Parker, Corbin every night and they way the team played last night, Raiders might make a huge surge up the standings.

On a side note, the ice was very choppy last night. I was sitting in Section 8 and in the 3rd period alone, I noticed 3-4 pucks that jumped right over a Blades players stick with what would've been a sure goal.

For Saskatoon, Brent Benson hasn't yet start to put up huge points...just a 50 points pace right now but you can sure see it coming with him and his hard work is not going un-noticed!

Stefan Elliott should simplify his game a bit. Forsure he has loads of talent but if he were to just tame it down a bit, he would be far more productive.

Yes, the Blades definitely miss Viedensky. He could be one of the better players in the league this year!

Dwight Schrute
11-28-2010, 12:21 AM
i've really liked what i saw from corbin but man he was terrible tonight, poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time all night, which led to his benching in the 2nd.
if pa had shown the pride and effort they did in the 3rd all game it would have been better. williams had no support at all.
for the first 40 min there was no pride, it was like nobody felt embarassed.

dietz got a good punch in on ruopp that gave him some wobbly legs, siemans beaked at ruopp about it (who beat siemans in a similiar fashion in pre season) so conner fought him next faceoff and won. herle fought sutter in retaliation for strajnsky'**** from behind.

the most puzzling part of the night was when williams made a save and button slid into him after he stopped it and they ruled it a goal. maybe from my view i missed something

far from my moneys worth in entertainment

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 12:31 AM
i've really liked what i saw from corbin but man he was terrible tonight, poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time all night, which led to his benching in the 2nd.
if pa had shown the pride and effort they did in the 3rd all game it would have been better. williams had no support at all.
for the first 40 min there was no pride, it was like nobody felt embarassed.

dietz got a good punch in on ruopp that gave him some wobbly legs, siemans beaked at ruopp about it (who beat siemans in a similiar fashion in pre season) so conner fought him next faceoff and won. herle fought sutter in retaliation for strajnsky'**** from behind.

the most puzzling part of the night was when williams made a save and button slid into him after he stopped it and they ruled it a goal. maybe from my view i missed something

far from my moneys worth in entertainment

Well i need to fix up a few things here The goal where button slid into Williams was a clean goal hamilton got a stick on it and button fell into the net with the puck

As for the Siemens fight Connor got off to a good start in that fight but then Siemens just TKO'D him with a devestating left to the head i will say tie, if i had to pick it would be siemens

And as for you not getting your moneys worth thats to bad i thought it was one of the better games ive seen this season, felt a little like old time rivalry between us

Herle won his fight for sure

And in the other fight Deitz won no question about that one

Dwight Schrute
11-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Well i need to fix up a few things here The goal where button slid into Williams was a clean goal hamilton got a stick on it and button fell into the net with the puck

As for the Siemens fight Connor got off to a good start in that fight but then Siemens just TKO'D him with a devestating left to the head i will say tie, if i had to pick it would be siemens

And as for you not getting your moneys worth thats to bad i thought it was one of the better games ive seen this season, felt a little like old time rivalry between us

as for my moneys worth i meant from the raiders and their 40 min of pathetic lifeless play.
the "goal" i watched the replay and it wasnt clear. im hoping to see a highlight clip of it. i thought it was ruled a goal due to button pushing his own goalie in the net, and thats the confusing part.

and tko ? hardly lol btw it was siemens who went to the room leaking, i couldnt though see who it was dzuirzynski was trying to fight though.

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 12:43 AM
as for my moneys worth i meant from the raiders and their 40 min of pathetic lifeless play.
the "goal" i watched the replay and it wasnt clear. im hoping to see a highlight clip of it. i thought it was ruled a goal due to button pushing his own goalie in the net, and thats the confusing part.

and tko ? hardly lol btw it was siemens who went to the room leaking, i couldnt though see who it was dzuirzynski was trying to fight though.

I get webcast archives so i'm gonna check into a few things like the goal and see about who Dziurzynski was trying to fight looking back now Yeah Siemens may have got cut a bit i don't think you can really call a winner in that fight

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
I could be wrong but i thought Dziurzynski was trying to fight Yaworski for the second time in the game they both got 10 min misconducts at the same time of the other penaltys so who knows

Herle did work over Sutter i will admit,Herle was throwing punches before Sutetr could even get his mitts off

RenegadeStylings
11-28-2010, 12:50 AM
That's hilarious if you think Connor won that fight. Siemens landed a bomb that buckled Austin's legs. Sure Connor had landed a bunch of short rabbit punches to the back of the head, but in the end Siemens landed the biggest punch of the fight that ended it. An easy win for Siemens.

And btw, Siemens was bleeding because Connor punched him in the face as the two laid on the ice. I'm sure once the videos are up on youtube you will be able to see what happened.

Connor's punch to make Siemens bleed was a cheap shot after the fight was over.

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 12:55 AM
They have the Archive up on WHL.CA now so im gonna check a few things lol

Dwight Schrute
11-28-2010, 12:55 AM
That's hilarious if you think Connor won that fight. Siemens landed a bomb that buckled Austin's legs. Sure Connor had landed a bunch of short rabbit punches to the back of the head, but in the end Siemens landed the biggest punch of the fight that ended it. An easy win for Siemens.

And btw, Siemens was bleeding because Connor punched him in the face as the two laid on the ice. I'm sure once the videos are up on youtube you will be able to see what happened.

Connor's punch to make Siemens bleed was a cheap shot after the fight was over.

something tells me siemans might be a little more sore tomorrow than connor.

Dwight Schrute
11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
They have the Archive up on WHL.CA now so im gonna check a few things lol

thanks
i only saw yesterdays on there

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Not so sure i think Connor will be wobbly for a bit he skated off with sheep legs

Green team
11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
I don't know where you Stoon boys seen the fights from, but we right in front of them, Connor landed 4 to 5 solid punches to the front of Seimens head and that is where he was cut and then Seimens was thinking of calling it quits. It was good for Seimens to throw the hail marry and slow Connor down. When they got up, I didn't see any wobbly legs at all, on connor, in fact Connor looked more than ready to countinue, as they had some more words after the fight, and it was Seimens (in a little pain) that parted first. And there was no sucker punches either.

RenegadeStylings
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't know where you Stoon boys seen the fights from, but we right in front of them, Connor landed 4 to 5 solid punches to the front of Seimens head and that is where he was cut and then Seimens was thinking of calling it quits. It was good for Seimens to throw the hail marry and slow Connor down. When they got up, I didn't see any wobbly legs at all, on connor, in fact Connor looked more than ready to countinue, as they had some more words after the fight, and it was Seimens (in a little pain) that parted first. And there was no sucker punches either.

I guess we will see when the replays come out.

From what I remember:

- Connor landed a ton of shots to Siemens to start as he definitely used his reach to his advantage.

- It looked like Siemens was waiting for his time to fire as he had his head ducked, waiting for a chance to throw a punch.

- He popped up, landed one ok shot, then nailed Connor with a second very big punch that buckled Connor's legs.

- As the two were falling Connor landed another shot to Duncan's mouth, cutting him.

- Both were definitely prepared to keep going, but they were both already on the ground.

That's how I remember it happening.

Like I said, credit to Siemens for hanging in at the start. Credit to Connor for staying in there after taking the biggest punch of the fight.

I still give the fight to Siemens as he landed the biggest punchof the fight by far.

SectionNDeserter
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
And btw, Siemens was bleeding because Connor punched him in the face as the two laid on the ice.

- As the two were falling Connor landed another shot to Duncan's mouth, cutting him.

Were they falling, or were they laying on the ice? Pick one...

RenegadeStylings
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Were they falling, or were they laying on the ice? Pick one...

I seem to remember Siemens laying on the ice with Connor falling towards him and throwing a punch.

I guess we will see when the replays are out sometime soon.

lordstanley
11-28-2010, 01:22 PM
All i know is the Blades won 3 out of 4 fights and the game enough said

lostsheep
11-28-2010, 02:00 PM
:confused: And whats wrong with sheep legs??? LOL
________
Mc platform (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform)

Green team
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Those two kids that were in the fight know who won the fight. Seimans was quite happy to have it over with. As connor was still bringing it on when the refs got in there. And also, who was all beat up, after it was over. you musn't have seen the front of seimens. I dont think Semiens will be willing to try that with Connor again any time soon. But if you think one punch that breifly stalled Connor give you the win, then go for it.

Dwight Schrute
11-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Those two kids that were in the fight know who won the fight. Seimans was quite happy to have it over with. As connor was still bringing it on when the refs got in there. And also, who was all beat up, after it was over. you musn't have seen the front of seimens. I dont think Semiens will be willing to try that with Connor again any time soon. But if you think one punch that breifly stalled Connor give you the win, then go for it.

well he's been to scared to get near ruopp again. lol

Dwight Schrute
12-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Was ruopp out with a concussion ? Why did corbin sit ?

bigjimmer
12-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Had a chance to watch this game on the league's webcast thing. What a great road game. I was impressed to watch the Raiders come from behind and play a hard-nosed third period to get a Road win.

Great work by the team! Good luck on the next two.
________
FREE 250 GAS GIFT CARDS (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/250-gas-gift-cards/)

Chipchura_Fan
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Was ruopp out with a concussion ? Why did corbin sit ?

Not sure about Ruopp but Drew said something about Corbin with a hip pointer injury.

Dwight Schrute
12-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Not sure about Ruopp but Drew said something about Corbin with
a hip pointer injury.

I'd bet on ruopp being concussed. Hopefully corbins injury was why he played so poor saturday

Raider Believer
12-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Another game where we were beat by goaltending .I don't understand why Tucker got back to back starts. He was lucky he got the win in Edmonton but he still let in 5 and they hit 7 goal post.... I don't get it

Because the guy in charge is either an idiot or diabolical. I'm guessing the former and its the situation that's diabolical.

Ranger
12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Another game where we were beat by goaltending .I don't understand why Tucker got back to back starts. He was lucky he got the win in Edmonton but he still let in 5 and they hit 7 goal post.... I don't get it

I watched the two games, IMO goaltending was not the issue in these games.

Stanfordfan
12-04-2010, 11:47 PM
I know many people would like to blame the goalie when there is a loss but that isn't always the case. It isn't the case when Williams is in net and it isn't always the case when Tucker is there. There are five other players on the ice through a 60 minute game. And you actually have to score goals to win hockey games. Even if Tucker had only let in 1 goal we still would have lost that game in Red Deer.

I think the boys as a team made up for it tonight. McNeil with a hat trick and Tucker with 32 saves.

westbeach55
12-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Williams is ranked 2nd among WHL goalies eligible for the NHL Draft in June, 2011 in St. Paul Minnesota

williams seems to give us a chance to win and even with the few games he's played he has been ranked 2nd among whl goalies for the nhl draft

bigjimmer
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Another great road win! The raiders need to keep this up and "hit em hard" when many teams will be losing some of their big guns for the WJHC and U-17's.
________
COACH HANDBAGS (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

Raider Believer
12-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Good job boys!

A nice winning formula. Williams in net. Stay out of penalty box. Sit Bruno's little Kamloops buddy who was -4 last game. Have your best players play like your best players.

jnofish1
12-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Good job boys!

A nice winning formula. Williams in net. Stay out of penalty box. Sit Bruno's little Kamloops buddy who was -4 last game. Have your best players play like your best players.

your bang on !!!!!! great job williams

RWiggum
12-17-2010, 07:18 PM
With all the injuries at forward, why are we not bring back a kid like Gasper that played ex for us? He was a final cut and we are down to 10 forwards. How long is Connors out for>

jnofish1
12-18-2010, 11:45 AM
With all the injuries at forward, why are we not bring back a kid like Gasper that played ex for us? He was a final cut and we are down to 10 forwards. How long is Connors out for>

not too sure about that!!! i for one was surprised when they cut Gasper ,but have been watching him and keeping up to date. i do not think its overly beneficial to the team to have him brought back up!! i too thought he played and skated hard in exhibition. but all and all i believe its best if he was to stay SJ.

Raider Believer
12-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Last game before Christmas break and even better, a win. Nice to see the scoring spread around and the kids having some success. Have a good holiday season everyone!

Sabes
12-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Did anyone hear who Bruno said we were calling up when Danyluk and Winther were gone? He said it in the last post game interview.

Chipchura_Fan
12-28-2010, 08:37 AM
According to the radio this morning, TJ Constant was called up.

jnofish1
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
According to the radio this morning, TJ Constant was called up.

one of the more favorable choices imho!!!i was hoping it would him,or paslawski.somewhat disappointed with R.J Reed or gasper.i would have thought they would have stood out alot more than they are.after going through the stats on some of the protected players Brunos choices seem alittle limited.All in all good call by bruno!!

Raider Believer
12-30-2010, 01:49 AM
one of the more favorable choices imho!!!i was hoping it would him,or paslawski.somewhat disappointed with R.J Reed or gasper.i would have thought they would have stood out alot more than they are.after going through the stats on some of the protected players Brunos choices seem alittle limited.All in all good call by bruno!!

a little like old Mother Hubbard who went to her cupboard and found it bare!
Constant may be the best choice but it speaks volumes about the lack of quality prospects to call up.

but then again it was this time last season that Bruno was singing the praises of Brock Balson being the gritty in your face offensive force for the future.

here's a thought. the worst case scenario for PA and the future of the franchise is for Brandon to trade Schenn and allow PA to sneak in under the wire for the playoffs and be promptly dispatched after two or three more home dates. this will allow Bruno to buy another year and more time to make a mess of things long term. Sorry for sounding negative, but after seeing the results of his visionary hockey mind, I am discouraged.

Dwight Schrute
12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
a little like old Mother Hubbard who went to her cupboard and found it bare!
Constant may be the best choice but it speaks volumes about the lack of quality prospects to call up.

but then again it was this time last season that Bruno was singing the praises of Brock Balson being the gritty in your face offensive force for the future.

here's a thought. the worst case scenario for PA and the future of the franchise is for Brandon to trade Schenn and allow PA to sneak in under the wire for the playoffs and be promptly dispatched after two or three more home dates. this will allow Bruno to buy another year and more time to make a mess of things long term. Sorry for sounding negative, but after seeing the results of his visionary hockey mind, I am discouraged.
i agree with a lot of this
im hoping the raiders can at least get a top 5 draft pick

Raider Believer
12-30-2010, 10:15 PM
If tonight's game in Saskatoon doesn't convince everyone that this team will be on life support by mid January, I don't know what else will. Undisciplined and totally lacking in structure. And the responsibility for that lies where? This team and the BOD need to admit that the last 3 years have been wasted and cut their losses now. Starting tomorrow morning, Mr. Campese needs to be shown the door; then our assets need to be evaluated and sent to contenders for 93 & 94 prospects and drafts picks. Having said that, I have a sinking feeling that Bruno will escape the chop (much like his little buddy Balson) and will become a 'buyer' before the trade deadline, hoping to save his job and squeak into the playoffs by trading the team's future for one or two good veteran players that may not even be here for next season. I wish he (or his replacement)would take a page out of Regina's book and start building for the seasons to come. Thanks to him this team probably has the weakest protected player list in the league .... the best we can muster up is Constant, we're in trouble. What players or draft picks will enthusiastically embrace trekking up to PA to be coached by the erudite and short fused hockey giant with a little man's complex?
Just wait till our draft picks start choosing Jr A and USHL as preferred options. The organization needs to install real hockey people not Jr A light weights ..... and btw, when was the last time you saw a former goalie have success head coaching in the NHL? Maybe Emile (the Cat) Francis circa the l950s & 60s NYR. Good color commentators though, usually likable and glib. Bruno has the glib part down pat.

bigjimmer
12-31-2010, 07:26 AM
RB,

Honestly, enough already, everyone knows that your still bitter for being fired (O'Brien) and even more bitter that you haven't resurfaced in the hockey world. I honestly don't think its nearly as bad as you make it, I see some good things, and don't thing this team is that far from making a bit of a run for it.
________
Streaming **** (http://www.****tube.com/)

Raider Believer
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
RB,

Honestly, enough already, everyone knows that your still bitter for being fired (O'Brien) and even more bitter that you haven't resurfaced in the hockey world. I honestly don't think its nearly as bad as you make it, I see some good things, and don't thing this team is that far from making a bit of a run for it.

bigjimmer, please read over the archives from last year. I was Bruno's biggest supporter for the longest time. I'm not O'Brien, O'Brien was another incompetent choice from that illustrious group calling themselves the Board of Directors. The last part of your last sentence is what's wrong with the culture of this team "making a bit of a run for it" ...... making a bit of a run is not good enough, we should be at the top of the cycle right now and making a long and serious run!

jnofish1
12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Raider Believer;159925]bigjimmer, please read over the archives from last year. I was Bruno's biggest supporter for the longest time. I'm not O'Brien, O'Brien was another incompetent choice from that illustrious group calling themselves the Board of Directors. The last part of your last sentence is what's wrong with the culture of this team "making a bit of a run for it" ...... making a bit of a run is not good enough, we should be at the top of
the cycle right now and making a long and serious run![/Q

you make very valid points !,enjoy reading your posts.
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! what the heck happened to my heavily favored williams? never made the game last night !!!! how did constant look?

Bladenator
12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
I saw Williams play against SB. I love this kid! He has awsome mechanics, great body language and obviously ice in his viens.

Raider Believer
01-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Williams couldnt have helped the goals scored on him. Tucker played a fantastic game though. And other then Tucker I would suggest Constant was probably the best Raider. Parker and Ravenko might as well not caught the bus and Deck had probably his worst game I have seen him play. Bruno again sat Connor for the last 2 periods and rolled his first 2 lines and threw out Balson and Bourhis once in a while with a rotated in center. Mcneill was taken off center and played on Herles wing.

And then there was tonight's debacle in Regina. Regina has cleaned out some of their veteran assets to build for the future. It seems that when it comes to playing the Raiders, the future is now. I know it's too much to hope that Mr. Campese will do the honorable thing and resign his positions, his arrogance won't let him. A person would have to be feeble minded to not see that this once proud franchise is being disrespected with this very suspect leadership!

AAAScout
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
the worst part of it all is that the 50 man list is very very weak, a rebuild is not soon at hand and will the board of directors let bruno ADD players instead of tradef or picks and talent to actually rebuild this team and list? Any team that can lose this many games to Regina especially with 2 of the losses coming after the trades by Regina,has no chance of any run to the playoffs, and any run woudl be a 4 game exit, REBUILD PLEASE!!!!

bigjimmer
01-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Not sure how many had the chance to watch the game online (or listen to it) last night, but what a wild and successful finish for the Raiders. Revenko came up big in the dying seconds to score the go-ahead goal.

With the Raiders playing the Wheaties two more times in the next week, the point tally is ever so vital. Not to mention throwing the Blades in the mix on Friday...overall, the last two wins saw the team playing well. The loss in Regina the other night sounded like Hewitt stole the show. Ether way, the team needs to keep filling the net and beating the teams they need to beat.
________
Mexican Cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/mexican/)

Raider Believer
01-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Gotta give credit where credit is due. And I'm happy to do so. The trade deadline moves are paying some dividends for the team. Hlinka and Wells were both contributors in tonights big win over MJ. The team is playing like they want to see the post season. :)

Dwight Schrute
01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
The Mcneill , Fiddler , Wells line seems to have found instant chemistry. Williams played another solid game. And the defence has played much better as a unit since loosing Button. Has anyone heard when Maylan and Ruopp will be back?

no idea but im surprised ruopp never got a late rating from CSB if fiddler did.

Raider Believer
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Name GP Min GA SO GAA W L OTL SOL SA SVS SAV%
1 * Eric Williams 23 1210 68 0 3.37 10 9 1 1 735 667 0.907
2 Jamie Tucker 28 1565 108 0 4.14 9 14 1 1 909 801 0.881

So Tucker has the 3rd worst GAA in the whole league and the 4th worst save % in the whole league, and is 1 stinker game away from the basement in both stats. While Williams has much better stats in all catagories and actually has the best stats of all rookie goalies in the league. and its his DRAFT YEAR. Anyone else puzzled by Campese's apparant strategy ? To me what he is doing is starting Tucker every 2nd game unless he plays alright then he keeps starting until he has a terrible game. And then you have to listen to Wilson brag up Tucker like hes the only reason the Raiders were even in the game.. yuck

There's really no mystery in all this. Bruno gave up a high draft pick for Tucker and has to prove that it was a good move and that he's an astute manager. Once again putting ego before the team. As for Wilson, check and you'll see Bruno's hand up his back ..... and surprisingly, you can hardly see Bruno's lips move! LOL

Dwight Schrute
01-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Thats right there is no comparison...lol!

yup we overpaid for tucker when we could have just kept stanford (not to mention paying a 4th for 7 poor games from flette

williams has pro talent. and consistancy and deserves the starts. bruno put tucker in a really unfair position. and will try to sell it off as tucker failed not him.

westbeach55
01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I think tuckers been given more then enough chances to nail down the #1 goalies posistion but when a 17 year old goalie is outplaying you in everyway and wins the night before he has earned the right to start. last night the whole team simply didnt show up and play it didnt matter who was in net but williams has proven he deserves to be in the majority of the games and he is also the second ranked goalie in the whl for the nhl draft

Jamie tucker 19 years old
WHL 29 0 10 1602 113 1 0 4.23 9 15 2 824 0.879

Eric Williams 17 years old

WHL 24 1 0 1214 70 2 0 3.46 10 9 2 667 0.905

The biggest mistake Bruno has made this year is going with Williams to start tonights game...Tucker has played great...Williams got a start the night before and played good..that does not mean Williams should get a second start, the result of Williams start speaks for itself...you deflate the #1 goalie's confidence and then you expect him to go in and correct the mistake from the start...not this time Bruno! Moose Jaw is not going to play like they did in the first game...even idiots can figure that one out...

Trav
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I hope u were being sarcastic when u said that Tucker has been played great, cuz the guy sucks. Williams has been a solid goaltender 4 u guys and should without a doubt be ur guys starter next yr

Dwight Schrute
01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I hope u were being sarcastic when u said that Tucker has been played great, cuz the guy sucks. Williams has been a solid goaltender 4 u guys and should without a doubt be ur guys starter next yr

well bruno probably doesnt wanna have it look as though he paid a 2011 2nd round pick for 1.5 seasons of a back up who hasnt played too well

westbeach55
01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
not defending bruno but you can't get them all right and for a while tucker was ranked or considered hightly of. hard choice was made do we keep a 19 stanford and 20 year old goalie zemlak maybe should have kept stanford and williams. not much we can do know move on and looks like we should be good in goal for awhile williams holowenko fieblkorn

well bruno probably doesnt wanna have it look as though he paid a 2011 2nd round pick for 1.5 seasons of a back up who hasnt played too well

Dwight Schrute
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
not defending bruno but you can't get them all right and for a while tucker was ranked or considered hightly of. hard choice was made do we keep a 19 stanford and 20 year old goalie zemlak maybe should have kept stanford and williams. not much we can do know move on and looks like we should be good in goal for awhile williams holowenko fieblkorn

nobody has a crystal ball

yaworski has been evening the stanford deal out a bit though.

i just cant seem to figure out why bruno doesnt start the better goalie more when we are trying to sneak into the playoffs

Raider Believer
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Not defending Bruno?? You must be kidding! But ... I do 100% agree, Williams will be solid for 2 or 3 years to come. Unfortunately, you haven't been watching Holowenko, or you wouldn't be so optimistic. He's terrible. He has been a disaster for Westside Warriors. I've followed him for several years. He was originally from Vernon and rated pretty highly. The kid has size and terrific mechanics, huge potential. Only one problem, and Chilliwack figured it out.... he can't stop pucks. He will never be a regular #1 goalie in the WHL or I promise to leave this forum forever and admit I know nothing about hockey. (now there's a temptation to make several of you sponsor Holowenko in goalie lessons over the summer!).

Why doesn't Bruno play Williams like the #1 ....? Same reason he keeps Balson (the most ineffective player in the WHL) on the roster. Pride and ego. Bruno is a selfish man who only thinks of himself. A very, very immmature man.

Daz
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I think I read enough negative posts about the whole team. Why doesn't someone try to send some positive vibes to this team and say some good things. They are kids and read this too. Give them a break and don't look at the dark side all the time. What if these things were written about your children or if someone came to your workplace then blogged how bad or egotistical you are?
Think about it.

WestLEAFfan
01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I think I read enough negative posts about the whole team. Why doesn't someone try to send some positive vibes to this team and say some good things. They are kids and read this too. Give them a break and don't look at the dark side all the time. What if these things were written about your children or if someone came to your workplace then blogged how bad or egotistical you are?
Think about it.

:applause::applause::applause:

clockwise
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Think about it.

Good post Buddy!!!

Dwight Schrute
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Think about it.

people are entitled to their honest opinions. a lot of people say good AND bad things about the raiders.
i didnt sign a contract which made me a public figure, and have a salary paid for by the city's taxpayers. so i really dont feel bad for bruno getting spoken badly about.

as for the kids, nobody is really that critical or "mean" to any kid other then maybe balson (and its not his fault bruno gives him huge ice time). but fans who pay the money are certainly entitled to their opinions.

growing thicker skin is part of the job. if people cant voice their opinions and discuss the team, there will be even less people caring about the raiders.

NonRaiderFan
01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Raider Believer I take it you are from BC. I thought Chilliwack drafted Holowenko out of Penticton. At least that is what it shows for the Bantam draft of 2008. You say you have been following him, so you must have known him before his bantam years in Penticton.

I would like to throw a few quotes to you. See if you recognize them.

March 18/10

“The hockey message board is for fans not a vehicle to defame and slander individuals and have very little to say. In my opinion what isn’t to be expected is the constant hijacking of threads with the same negative assault on the same individuals.”

Feb 25/10

“I’m not the Coach or GM.”

July 1/10

“Balson & Mackenzie are way ahead of Winther & Danyluk developmentally. I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.”

I hope you recognize these. They have all come from you.

Sounds like pretty positive stuff to me but after the cuts were made your tone took a noticeable change to the negative. I do feel there is no place on this board to be bashing any player who is only trying to improve and further themselves. If you feel the need to bash, maybe you should go hang out on facebook with all the 12 & 13 year old girls and do that. If you feel the need to bash the coach and board then go ahead. I do not agree with it but they are big boys and can handle themselves. There is no need though to go after the players Mr. Mackenzie.

Raider Believer
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Raider Believer I take it you are from BC. I thought Chilliwack drafted Holowenko out of Penticton. At least that is what it shows for the Bantam draft of 2008. You say you have been following him, so you must have known him before his bantam years in Penticton.

I would like to throw a few quotes to you. See if you recognize them.

March 18/10

“The hockey message board is for fans not a vehicle to defame and slander individuals and have very little to say. In my opinion what isn’t to be expected is the constant hijacking of threads with the same negative assault on the same individuals.”

Feb 25/10

“I’m not the Coach or GM.”

July 1/10

“Balson & Mackenzie are way ahead of Winther & Danyluk developmentally. I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.”

I hope you recognize these. They have all come from you.

Sounds like pretty positive stuff to me but after the cuts were made your tone took a noticeable change to the negative. I do feel there is no place on this board to be bashing any player who is only trying to improve and further themselves. If you feel the need to bash, maybe you should go hang out on facebook with all the 12 & 13 year old girls and do that. If you feel the need to bash the coach and board then go ahead. I do not agree with it but they are big boys and can handle themselves. There is no need though to go after the players Mr. Mackenzie.

Sure wish you folks would make up your minds. During the period of time I was making those quotes you have copied I was accused of being Bruno's best friend and buddy, and "way to go for defending your buddy". Now, more recently, I've been identified as Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Mackenzie because I'm not happy with Bruno's performance as GM and coach and have voiced my opinion. Since you follow my posts so closely, you will note that I also praise the team and individuals when they play well. Sorry, I messed up Holowenko's exact origins, I knew it was from the Okanagan. I watch a lot of hockey. Like tomorrow I'll be heading to N. Dakota to watch a bunch of midgets in N.Dakota at the Little Caesars tourny, and then mid Feb I'll be in Halifax. Players get judged every day, hockey is brutal sport on and off the ice. If a player can't handle some comments on a message board then he should probably examine whether he should continue in the game. There will always be critics and blogs and message boards. And Dad's like you who get very sensitive when their little boys get criticized.

mjw22
01-20-2011, 03:55 AM
people are entitled to their honest opinions. a lot of people say good AND bad things about the raiders.
i didnt sign a contract which made me a public figure, and have a salary paid for by the city's taxpayers. so i really dont feel bad for bruno getting spoken badly about.

as for the kids, nobody is really that critical or "mean" to any kid other then maybe balson (and its not his fault bruno gives him huge ice time). but fans who pay the money are certainly entitled to their opinions.

growing thicker skin is part of the job. if people cant voice their opinions and discuss the team, there will be even less people caring about the raiders.

once you reach the level in any sport where people pay to watch you play coach or manage expect criticism just like you expect praise. :clap:

bigjimmer
01-20-2011, 07:38 AM
You're a sad individual, so you've proved to us all that you are some sort of scout (perhaps one that was fired by the Raiders) or former disgruntled employee of the Raiders.

We all will treat you with so much more respect now that we understand you travel the continent to "watch hockey"....we are very fortunate to have you as a member on this board.

jnofish1
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
honestly good for raider believer if he is an ex employee.,at least hes still addressing issues that are of concern.,and for those who are worried about the critisim of certain players,WOW!! your on the wrong site"type in church forums" or worry about whats said on ice if you think this is bad.

NonRaiderFan
01-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow Raider Believer, the Little Caesars Show Case & the Canada Winter games. When your at the events make sure you are challenging these kids by yelling at them. I would hate to see you draft someone ( if you really are a scout ) and have those players unable to handle it at the next level. You might loose your job if you pick kids that cannot hack it at the next level.

PS. I’m sure you will not be yelling at them because you would loose your job real quick, its much easier to do it here behind closed doors.

Dwight Schrute
01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow Raider Believer, the Little Caesars Show Case & the Canada Winter games. When your at the events make sure you are challenging these kids by yelling at them. I would hate to see you draft someone ( if you really are a scout ) and have those players unable to handle it at the next level. You might loose your job if you pick kids that cannot hack it at the next level.

PS. I’m sure you will not be yelling at them because you would loose your job real quick, its much easier to do it here behind closed doors.

seriously who the heck is he so harsh on that you feel the need to post this ???

NonRaiderFan
01-20-2011, 11:55 PM
I think you should read the comments on Holowenko. The kid has played two regular season games in the WHL and he was 16 when he did that. Do you really think he deserves to be called terrible and a disaster, sorry but no kid deserves that. What kind of scout does this?

This team is coming off a tough first half with loosing so many key players to injuries. We also lost 2 of our 16 year olds to the U17 program and just recently we lost McNeill to the prospects game. I’m sure someone will correct me but I’m pretty sure that tomorrows game against Calgary will be the first time we will have all our regulars healthy since our first game against Saskatoon. This team is 4 points out of the 6th playoff spot and I believe we have a great chance of achieving that.

Dwight Schrute
01-21-2011, 05:28 AM
I think you should read the comments on Holowenko. The kid has played two regular season games in the WHL and he was 16 when he did that. Do you really think he deserves to be called terrible and a disaster, sorry but no kid deserves that. What kind of scout does this?

This team is coming off a tough first half with loosing so many key players to injuries. We also lost 2 of our 16 year olds to the U17 program and just recently we lost McNeill to the prospects game. I’m sure someone will correct me but I’m pretty sure that tomorrows game against Calgary will be the first time we will have all our regulars healthy since our first game against Saskatoon. This team is 4 points out of the 6th playoff spot and I believe we have a great chance of achieving that.

you would have to ask raider believer, but the impression i got was he was refering to this season as a 17 year old where holowenko has a .873 gaa avg. and that he was a 2nd roundpick that couldnt crack the dub.

missing mcneil for one game isnt an issue neither is missing the 16s for what 2-3 games ? teams should have depth to cover that. everybody has been back since new years and the team has 4 wins in 9 games.

blaming this season on injuries is not true its a lack of skill depth and coaching. while id love to rave on about the dynasty being built in pa, i cant

Green team
01-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Tough night for Williams, but our players need to play alot more physical than they did, to give us a chance to win. When is the reffing going level out for us, I can understand that when we are the visitors that we probably won't get the breaks from the refs, but it sure doesn't happen at the Art Hauser for the raiders. That penalty shot wasn't even a 2 min penalty, let alone a penalty shot. 8 seconds earlier at the other end the hitmen hooked fiddler and impeaded him on a shot and there was no call. Is it just me or is this team way over loaded with good centermen, that are having to play wing, and we are lacking at, going hard to the net, screenig their goaly, etc. Some games our forwards get in the grove of finishing the checks, and when they do we can beat the top teams, but it doesn't come natural to them because centermen are kind of expecting wingers to look after some of those greasier type jobs.

NonRaiderFan
01-22-2011, 02:07 PM
you would have to ask raider believer, but the impression i got was he was refering to this season as a 17 year old where holowenko has a .873 gaa avg. and that he was a 2nd roundpick that couldnt crack the dub.

missing mcneil for one game isnt an issue neither is missing the 16s for what 2-3 games ? teams should have depth to cover that. everybody has been back since new years and the team has 4 wins in 9 games.

blaming this season on injuries is not true its a lack of skill depth and coaching. while id love to rave on about the dynasty being built in pa, i cant

Just looking at the Holwenko stats and I see that RB does not let the board know that in his first 4 games with his new team he allows 18 goals and in his last 6 games he has allowed 12, this would include a shut out. I would say in the last 6 games he has played he is going in the right direction.

Raider Believer
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Just looking at the Holwenko stats and I see that RB does not let the board know that in his first 4 games with his new team he allows 18 goals and in his last 6 games he has allowed 12, this would include a shut out. I would say in the last 6 games he has played he is going in the right direction.

Yes, granted it is encouraging that he has played better lately. However, if you're going to quote stats, please note that Holowenko has the worst save percentage and goals against average of any goalie in the Interior Conference that is still in playoff contention. And he plays on a team that stresses defense first.

However, on the positive side, with Williams and one or two other goalies in the system, PA's goaltending will not be an issue for several years IMO.

Raider Believer
01-31-2011, 12:53 AM
Parker has got to be the biggest surprise of the season. Tonight he had a monster night! 4 GOALS! He has turned out to be Bruno's best deal by far. Good for him.

Stanfordfan
02-02-2011, 12:05 PM
I like Parker and Maylan together on the same line. I think they both play better and rack up more points than when they are on different lines. Just my opinion.:o

Raider Believer
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
This was an important win over Lethbridge. Also nice to get some secondary scoring.

Dwight Schrute
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
now that tucker is out for a while who joins the team ?

chalk_one_up
02-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Where was McNeill and Connor tonight?

Stanfordfan
02-09-2011, 11:09 PM
McNeil out with the flu and Connor serving the 3rd game in a 3 game suspension. Maylan and Parker work great together. Justin can set up some very nice goals.

chalk_one_up
02-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Why the Raiders never dressed both Connor and Bourhis against the Blades I will never know. Just makes no sense.

It wouldn't have mattered.

Dwight Schrute
02-12-2011, 12:32 AM
It wouldn't have mattered.
3 soft soft calls by byblow right off the hop got the blades up by two, looked like pa didnt really bother after that.
the raiders beat themselves tonight. out worked, out coached and out played
(and out byblowed lol)

OldRaiderFan
02-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree, we are always out byblowed. He has to be one of the worse refs in the league and we always seem to get him as a ref. Since Christmass, we had him in PA several times, in Brandon, in Regina, in S'toon and in Edmonton. I don't know why we keep getting him. That being said, I don't think we would have beat S'toon last night anyways.

Dwight Schrute
02-20-2011, 11:41 AM
what the heck is with drew wilson ? i listened to game last night and he used the phrase "fire drill" about 50 times. i was curious why they would have a fire drill during the raiders powerplay.

Raider Believer
03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey guys, the team is getting some important wins! The win over SC was huge! I'd say our chances are better than even that we snatch the final playoff spot. And (reverting to my former optimistic self) once playoffs come, anything is possible. Hot goaltenders and scoring streaks have led many underdog teams deep into the playoff fray!

Green team
03-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I agree with hot goaltending and scoring, but the scoreing won't come unless this team elevates some toughness and not get getting pushed around and turning away from checks. Kooteny latey has only beaten the passive type teams. They started with 5 d-men and last night could have been a different story if we put our emphises on hammering their defence every chance we could and wear them out or draw them into some penalties. Brandon beat them with tough play 4-0.
Play the heck out of players that can play this way and sit the ones that can't until they get it figured out, and I don't care how high of a draft or trade they were involved in.

chalk_one_up
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
The Raiders should take a look at Luber's Lounge for Brandon's season ticket pricing and take a page out of their book. That and they have a winning team, yet they give their fans a discount season after season. At some point, the fans in PA need to be given some sort of reimbursement after all of these seasons of a pathetic on-ice product.

bigjimmer
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
That would mean Bruce Vance may actually have to come up with a marketing idea....something he hasn't done in 7 years!

Dwight Schrute
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Sneak Attack from Wheat Kings
UPDATE (Monday, 7:30 a.m.): Even though the release says the dormant price was if you RENEW your season tickets, the Wheat Kings' office told me Monday morning that NEW season ticket holders would also be able to purchase for next season (2011-2012) at $325. Meanwhile, single game ticket pricing for next season hasn't been confirmed as of yet. Currently, single game tickets are $16 for adults.

The Brandon Wheat Kings issued a press release late Sunday night (at 9:28 p.m.) to announce their season ticket pricing for next season.

No mess, no fuss for the Wheat Kings on this one.

Here's the release...

The Western Hockey League’s Brandon Wheat Kings are pleased to announce that 2011-12 Season Tickets will remain unchanged for the third straight season – if renewed by June 10th, 2011.

In a prepared statement released Sunday night, the club added that after June’s deadline, the price of an Adult Season Ticket will go up to $350.

2010-11 SEASON TICKET PRICES:
Adults (19 and Older) $325 + GST (if paid by June 10th)
Adults (ordered after June 10th) $350 + GST
Youth (18 and under) $175

A recent study of season ticket prices throughout the WHL show that western Manitoba hockey fans pay more than $100 less for their season tickets than fans of any other clubs.

$325 equates to a single game ticket price of just over $9 a game, easily the most affordable ticket price in the WHL. Season tickets are also exempt from Ticketmaster agency fees of $3 per ticket.

Our season ticket base is very important to us,” says Wheat Kings’ general manager and head coach Kelly McCrimmon. “Offering this low price rewards our best fans, by providing great entertainment at unbelievably affordable prices.”

Since introducing their new Season Ticket pricing strategy in 2006, the Wheat Kings have seen their season ticket base grow from 1,500 to over three thousand.

The Wheat Kings, who hosted the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup last May, sold close to 3,200 Season Tickets this season, down from 3,611 in 2009-10

Dwight Schrute
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
That would mean Bruce Vance may actually have to come up with a marketing idea....something he hasn't done in 7 years!

better not write that on their facebook page, lol

westbeach55
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
3,571 capacity of Art Hauser

5,008 capacity of keystone centre

hard to offer those prices in brandon with the capacity of our rink. need to make money, be nice to get them a little lower though but still ppl just need to come out and support the team and fight through the tough times

chalk_one_up
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
3,571 capacity of Art Hauser

5,008 capacity of keystone centre

hard to offer those prices in brandon with the capacity of our rink. need to make money, be nice to get them a little lower though but still ppl just need to come out and support the team and fight through the tough times

The club needs to offer something for fans to come out though and as long as they don't, not many people will come out. I'm not a marketing expert, but other teams have clued in. I remember Spokane had a guaranteed playoff season and if they didn't, fans would get a discounted season ticket for the following season. So you lower the prices and maybe in turn, an additional 500-700 season ticket holders venture through the door on top of what they already have. That in turn makes money, and divulges into a different realm of fans that would probably return season after season. It's also not Brandon's fault that PA upgraded a poor rink and be-dazzled a turd.

What should have happened was, instead of the Soccer Center, E.A Rawlinson Center or upgrades to a shotty building, they should have built a mult-purpose facility that would house all of those aspects. Moose Jaw got it right.

chalk_one_up
03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Charles Wells out with a separated shoulder.

Hockey Spy
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm hearing most Raiders fans would prefer their team to face the Saskatoon Blades over any other team in the first round if they make the playoffs.

What do you Raider fans think you could do against the Saskatoon Blades in round 1 and what style of game would you play to beat them in a 7 game series?

lordstanley
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm hearing most Raiders fans would prefer their team to face the Saskatoon Blades over any other team in the first round if they make the playoffs.

What do you Raider fans think you could do against the Saskatoon Blades in round 1 and what style of game would you play to beat them in a 7 game series?

Raiders better learn how to play the trap within the next few weeks cause they tried the run and gun style against us all year long and we went 7-1 vs you guys, Raiders should have played a little better and maybe would win 1 out of 5 vs them

chalk_one_up
03-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think PA would fare any better against Red Deer or Saskatoon, but I think with the Blades, the Raiders seem to get up for those games, despite the 7-1 record that someone pointed out. I think that the proximity between the two cities makes it for a better, more entertaining series than a LETH/SAS series and if the Raiders can organize a bus or two to go to Saskatoon, that is revenue (possibly) for the Raiders and as a small market, every little bit counts.

The Blades will be tough to beat for PA, but specialty teams and who ever's goaltender gets hotter, will prevail. PA doesn't have the depth to win 5 on 5, so capitalizing on those chances and playing physical could be PA's recipe for success, if they have any at all against the Blades. PA upset Saskatoon a few years ago, and while things are so different since then, PA's hatred for the Blades and their ability to play somewhat, inspiring hockey against them, hasn't changed.

lordstanley
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Do you really like the Chances for a Raiders upset ? i know i know it's a new season blah blah blah but for a team with a couple world junior players best dman in the league strong goaltending and a 55 win team probably, you think the Raiders can even win a game seriously lol no offense but i don't, if the shoe was on the other foot i would say Raiders in 4 as well.:)

Hockey Spy
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Raiders have some things going for them:

Parker is the best scorer and most elite player in the series.

Brandon Herrod hasn't played the way he should as of yet and plays very well against the Blades.

Bruno is the better coach most say.

Raiders have more speed

Raiders have more toughness.

Also, you can scratch out the regular season. Regular season does 't mean a thing!!!

chalk_one_up
03-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Do you really like the Chances for a Raiders upset ? i know i know it's a new season blah blah blah but for a team with a couple world junior players best dman in the league strong goaltending and a 55 win team probably, you think the Raiders can even win a game seriously lol no offense but i don't, if the shoe was on the other foot i would say Raiders in 4 as well.:)

Nobody said the Raiders were going to win 1, 3 or 4. It's a good thing you have to play the games though. I really hope, for PA's sake, that the Blades are as arrogant and as cocky as you. I'm not a Raider fan, but in maintaining the respect of the league, it's never out of the question to expect some sort of upset. All those accolades are nice that you mentioned, but who says Schenn doesn't go down in the next game, or that Stanford tears an ACL in the 3rd to last game, or that Elliott suffers a concussion. That would sure change things wouldn't it. Anything can happen. That's the point I'm making.

chalk_one_up
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Raiders have some things going for them:

Parker is the best scorer and most elite player in the series.

Brandon Herrod hasn't played the way he should as of yet and plays very well against the Blades.

Bruno is the better coach most say.

Raiders have more speed

Raiders have more toughness.

Also, you can scratch out the regular season. Regular season does 't mean a thing!!!

The 3rd one isn't true. Heck Darrell Mann from the Mustangs is a better coach than Bruno and he coaches Jr. A.

Hockey Spy
03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
All that said....

Saskatoon Blades win in 4 straight and score 22 goals.

lordstanley
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Nobody said the Raiders were going to win 1, 3 or 4. It's a good thing you have to play the games though. I really hope, for PA's sake, that the Blades are as arrogant and as cocky as you. I'm not a Raider fan, but in maintaining the respect of the league, it's never out of the question to expect some sort of upset. All those accolades are nice that you mentioned, but who says Schenn doesn't go down in the next game, or that Stanford tears an ACL in the 3rd to last game, or that Elliott suffers a concussion. That would sure change things wouldn't it. Anything can happen. That's the point I'm making.

How am i arrogant ? i said if the SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT I WOULD PICK THE RAIDERS IN A SWEEP sorry were all allowed to make predictions and mine is in 4, got a problem with that ? if so to damn bad.

mjw22
03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
How am i arrogant ? i said if the SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT I WOULD PICK THE RAIDERS IN A SWEEP sorry were all allowed to make predictions and mine is in 4, got a problem with that ? if so to damn bad.

You tell them Lordstanley. lol Stoon in 4 and on to a MJ - Stoon final. Pick em in 7 . Let the games begin :D